I really want to love this phone. I was a BBOS, Palm webOS, and BB10 user. I love the form factor. However, this phone is super laggy and I've had it just over 48 hours and had to reboot to solve the software slowness 3 times now.

Can anyone else with the Verizon compatible model weigh in on their experience? Did we not get the magic update some reviewers claim made a world of difference on the GSM demo units? And to put it into perspective, I've used a Moto Z Play with almost identical hardware specs with zero issues for the last 10 months.
    08-09-17 06:46 PM
    I don't have a Verizon KEYone, but if you're considering leaving the phone, you could try testing this out: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oader-1117851/

Download the first link in the first post, extract the file with 7-Zip or something like that, and run the flashall bat/sh script (depending on platform). It'll wipe your phone and update it to build AAN355, the newest OS available for now. The build you have (AAL093) was built at the end of April, while AAN355 was built at the end of July, for comparison's sake. Admittedly there are some issues with background notifications, but it's worth a shot.
    08-09-17 06:55 PM
    I don't have a Verizon KEYone, but if you're considering leaving the phone, you could try testing this out: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oader-1117851/

Download the first link in the first post, extract the file with 7-Zip or something like that, and run the flashall bat/sh script (depending on platform). It'll wipe your phone and update it to build AAN355, the newest OS available for now. The build you have (AAL093) was built at the end of April, while AAN355 was built at the end of July, for comparison's sake. Admittedly there are some issues with background notifications, but it's worth a shot.
    Why should ANY CONSUMER have to go through all of what you just described to get decent performance out of an almost $600 smartphone!

The damn thing should just work, no questions, no tinkering..no shutting this off or disabling that..it's supposed to be a SMARTPHONE! Not a headache...
    08-09-17 07:07 PM
    Why should ANY CONSUMER have to go through all of what you just described to get decent performance out of an almost $600 smartphone!

The damn thing should just work, no questions, no tinkering..no shutting this off or disabling that..it's supposed to be a SMARTPHONE! Not a headache...
    You're welcome to complain to BlackBerry Mobile for selling last year's parts at high markup, or BlackBerry Ltd for not getting the software done right. In the meantime, might as well see if an update and a reset fixes things, no?
    modifier likes this.
    08-09-17 07:14 PM
    Check your apps for want might be hitting your cpu, CDMA with aal093 should be running fine. not supper buttery but fine. I do notice occasional hiccups when in an elevator or low signal location where simply hitting a reply to all can hang. Also close unused apps, even though Android should handle memory management there is always some sloppily coded thing running unnecessarily with certain apps.
    08-09-17 07:16 PM
    @nycspaces I don't see any rogue apps and running the exact same ones I do on my Z Play. I want to love it but may not be the Keyone for me. Also disheartening that we are a couple build versions behind.
    08-09-17 07:28 PM

Thanks. I may check this out before deciding on not keeping the Keyone.
    08-09-17 07:40 PM
    I believe the Z Play has the same chipset so it seems like you are on to something. It would be nice to have a refined build if it would add some improvements...risks are it introduces as many new problems as fixes from what others have been posting. BBRY seems to have all their software focused on their corporate suites and letting us cdma users lag behind a bit. hopefully that will change.

I can live with the slower phone with the stellar battery life.

Have you turned off the animations and done the other developer optimizations? I think that makes a big difference.
    allen832008 likes this.
    08-09-17 07:55 PM
    @nycspaces I don't see any rogue apps and running the exact same ones I do on my Z Play. I want to love it but may not be the Keyone for me. Also disheartening that we are a couple build versions behind.
    The update issue is bothering me, too. Not sure why we are now 3 monthly updates behind on the cdma version. Of course, I don't want to lose Notifications which is a result of the July update!!!
    modifier likes this.
    08-09-17 08:26 PM
    Soooooooo, LOL, well in my mind you should be looking for reasons to stay with Verizon.
    BBUniq01 likes this.
    08-09-17 08:53 PM
    Only need one BlueTom...coverage.
    08-09-17 08:55 PM
    I have had my CDMA model now for about 2 weeks. While I see some of the lagging and slow down it does seem to correct itself in a short manner of time. For me this fantastic keyboard makes up the difference for me. I am not seeing this super battery life that most claim as well but it is lasting me well through my work day and then I can top it off when I get home. The idea of getting more than a days use out of it isn't there for me. my case may be different because I'm in a marginal service area though which can affect battery. That said I need to use Verizon because where I live and work is poor cell service no matter the provider and Verizon is most certainly the best. I'm sticking with mine for now although sometime down the road I may switch back to my Pixel XL. This keyboard though really like keeps me on the KEYone though. That coupled with the spacebar fingerprint scanner are absolutely the best!
    08-09-17 10:24 PM
    I agree on the battery life. I charge every other day on my Z Play but haven't been able to achieved that with the Keyone yet,
    08-09-17 10:40 PM
    You're welcome to complain to BlackBerry Mobile for selling last year's parts at high markup, or BlackBerry Ltd for not getting the software done right. In the meantime, might as well see if an update and a reset fixes things, no?
    Not sure why you assume the software wasn't done right. I've had the KEYone since launch day in Canada and have no experienced one bit of lag. I'm assuming the OP either has some rogue app or something else is up. A wipe is probably what I would try.
    08-09-17 11:23 PM
    Not sure why you assume the software wasn't done right. I've had the KEYone since launch day in Canada and have no experienced one bit of lag. I'm assuming the OP either has some rogue app or something else is up. A wipe is probably what I would try.
    I'd put up the lack of background notifications for the various July updates as the biggest issue currently plaguing the KEYone software-wise, or maybe that the unlocked CDMA KEYones are still on an OS from three months ago is an issue with the software distribution. I guess it does save them from the former, though.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    08-09-17 11:27 PM
    Anyone know if the VZ model has received an OTA to match the unlocked? I've moved on from the unit for now and back to my Z Play, but would love to give the Keyone another try.
    10-06-17 09:10 AM
    Anyone know if the VZ model has received an OTA to match the unlocked? I've moved on from the unit for now and back to my Z Play, but would love to give the Keyone another try.
    The CDMA model, yes, has received the OTA. There isn't a specific VZW model though. I have a link to the autoloader on AFH if you'd like it.
    10-06-17 09:49 AM