So a buddy spilled a drink on my ko last night and I dried it, wiped it down with water (I've done this before), and the phone has performed just fine since. Was not too much liquid and I didn't think anything of it after initially trying the phone out, including a speakerphone call.

Today, the next morning, I have no sound from media playing (videos imbedded in news articles). I've also tried my music player and playing back via speaker my call-recorder - none of them have their sound playing.

However, my sounds work with my visual voice-mail (plays through speaker), my notifications, my phone calls (speaker as well). So I'm not sure and hoping I'm missing an option that was accidentally changed?

If you have knowledge of sounds on the ko and why one might be heard and another may not, please let me know. Otherwise, my ko is operating like nothing ever happened.
    12-19-17 11:28 AM
    So a buddy spilled a drink on my ko last night and I dried it, wiped it down with water (I've done this before), and the phone has performed just fine since. Was not too much liquid and I didn't think anything of it after initially trying the phone out, including a speakerphone call.

Today, the next morning, I have no sound from media playing (videos imbedded in news articles). I've also tried my music player and playing back via speaker my call-recorder - none of them have their sound playing.

However, my sounds work with my visual voice-mail (plays through speaker), my notifications, my phone calls (speaker as well). So I'm not sure and hoping I'm missing an option that was accidentally changed?

If you have knowledge of sounds on the ko and why one might be heard and another may not, please let me know. Otherwise, my ko is operating like nothing ever happened.
    The KeyOne does allow separate control of volume for different sound outputs. Main Settings, Sound and check out the three sliders.

Depending on the nature of the drink and where it settled, it could have an affect even after being wiped dry or even dried with some source of heat or a drying agent.

Good luck.
    12-19-17 11:58 AM
    right, all the are slid out to the max (the volume indicators), and I have sound loudly from speakerphone, all msg notifications. not YouTube, though (great example) or music player. anyone know of an option that may have accidentally been triggered?
    12-19-17 12:01 PM
    any ideas?
    12-20-17 01:13 PM
    got it fixed - went to phone repair store, found out something I thought the forum would find interesting - repairman said that, many times, if the headphone jack has liquid enter it, the phone continues later to believe a headphone plug is currently inserted in it. anyway, they cleaned some water damage up and now black ko is good as new.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-20-17 06:42 PM
    got it fixed - went to phone repair store, found out something I thought the forum would find interesting - repairman said that, many times, if the headphone jack has liquid enter it, the phone continues later to believe a headphone plug is currently inserted in it. anyway, they cleaned some water damage up and now black ko is good as new.
    Good to know--thanks!
    12-20-17 07:18 PM