I recently had to sell my Keyone for personal reasons. I’ve got the opportunity of buying another Keyone for substantially less of full retail. It’s from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Advertised as used as new. When I do the *# thingy, the date is 28th June 2017. Software build date is April. I’ve got a sucker tool used to help remove screens, which I tried on this screen , and all seemed ok. My dilemma is that Amazon state there is nor warranty other than the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Don’t no if I should bite the bullet.
    02-19-18 11:17 AM
    I recently had to sell my Keyone for personal reasons. I’ve got the opportunity of buying another Keyone for substantially less of full retail. It’s from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Advertised as used as new. When I do the *# thingy, the date is 28th June 2017. Software build date is April. I’ve got a sucker tool used to help remove screens, which I tried on this screen , and all seemed ok. My dilemma is that Amazon state there is nor warranty other than the 30 day satisfaction guarantee. Don’t no if I should bite the bullet.
    I wouldn't buy ANY KEYone without regular warranty.
    02-19-18 11:28 AM
    Well that’s in my mind, it’s a good price, pristine condition but there is a risk, almost a gamble
    02-19-18 11:35 AM
    Well that’s in my mind, it’s a good price, pristine condition but there is a risk, almost a gamble
    I guess I should clarify better. Don't pay more than you can afford to completely lose. My pain threshold is usually somewhere between $50-$100 depending on how good or bad the week has been for my business.
    02-19-18 11:46 AM
    That’s sound advice and wise. I’ll leave it on that basis
    02-19-18 12:32 PM
    Well, I twisted and forced my cdma KeyOne into a Tumi case and I do mean really twisted the hell out of it getting it both in and out and doing it a few times. Not an issue. I also tried a good suction cup on all four corners of the screen about 3 separate times over 3 months (anytime someone else mentioned a new screen pop!!!). Never moved a fraction of an inch. BUT one evening I noticed a narrow band of light eminating from the entire left edge. YUP, screen lift. So your test may not have been sufficient - when it wants to pop, it pops!!!
    02-19-18 01:02 PM
    Got mine from amazon warehouse deal. Screen popped after 3 months. Contacted BB and they finally got me a replacement after close to 2 months of waiting. I bought the phone from amazon us and I got the support in Singapore. I must say the support is good but slow. Fyi.
    02-19-18 04:28 PM
    The 30 day warranty is tied to the purchase. The item itself also is warranted for defects by the brand for a year.

A defective device can be returned to or replaced by Amazon within a month of purchase and replaced by BBM within a year.
    02-19-18 06:26 PM
    yah I bought one. I can see the extra glue added on the side. these are screen-lift returns that are glued back on. I mean I was annoyed for a second then figured this was the same fix the factory was using. phone has been fine. was cheap.
    02-19-18 06:30 PM
    thank-you all for your input
    02-19-18 06:56 PM
    Got my K1 on Amazon Warehouse deals for my son in July 2017. Screen finally popped out when he dropped it in January. He tried to replace the screen himself from a kit he bought on Amazon for $150... effed it up big time. I contacted TCL/BlackBerry Mobile wanting to send it in for repair, I even told them I know warranty now void because of his botched home repair and that I'll pay for repair, no problem. TCL/BB Mobile sent me a prepaid FedEx Shipping label, I boxed up and sent in, got a new phone back 3 days later and they didn't bill me one stinking cent. I have a new KeyOne and zero issues with BlackBerry.
    02-19-18 08:19 PM
    I bought mine from Amazon Warehouse. It ended up being a refurb model with a dented Sim tray. When my screen popped, I contacted BlackBerry Mobile and had a NEW replacement in a week. Excellent, fast service. No problems at all!
    02-19-18 08:42 PM
    It is great to hear that TCL has such a great warranty service.

I bought a new open box keyone from ebay! Here is hoping I won't have to deal with the warranty at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-18 10:21 AM