Hi, I made a big mistake and bought, on ebay a querty version. But I'm german and need the quertz version. That the keys are wrong marked is not the matter but I need the layout whilte texting. After a bit google and some threads in this forum I think/hope I can fix it with the firmware.

I have now a PRD-63117-035 with ABA693.

Is it possbile to flash it with the German ABL693? If yes, can everyone give me a link to download this firmware and give me a quick turtorial to how to install?

Or is it possible to copy a whole phone? My old broken German Keyone has the software i need. It still works except the display. Can I copy this phone to my new one?

Thank you very much in advance
    01-08-19 06:37 AM
    Can't see how flashing a different OS will really help, the OS loads specifics based on the hardware. At the core, it's all the same OS but eh, I have never tried changing the keyboard either.
    01-08-19 11:15 AM
    I read in a thread in the forum that it might be possible to change this with the latest update. But on my new querty ABA693 is do not get the Update to 8.1 Oreo. I still have the 7.1.1.

On my old ABL693 is had the 8.1 Oreo Update.

The update depends on the firmware, right?

BR
    01-09-19 01:58 AM
    on old SonyEricsson Mini Pro was a *.zip for that... i want too qwertz layout on qwerty hardware
    01-11-19 12:42 AM
    Hi, I made a big mistake and bought, on ebay a querty version. But I'm german and need the quertz version. That the keys are wrong marked is not the matter but I need the layout whilte texting. After a bit google and some threads in this forum I think/hope I can fix it with the firmware.

I have now a PRD-63117-035 with ABA693.

Is it possbile to flash it with the German ABL693? If yes, can everyone give me a link to download this firmware and give me a quick turtorial to how to install?

Or is it possible to copy a whole phone? My old broken German Keyone has the software i need. It still works except the display. Can I copy this phone to my new one?

Thank you very much in advance
    The OS has all the layouts built in, but flashes the correct one according to the attached hardware. There is no way to change that.
    01-11-19 07:51 AM