I was exploring Setting features and I came across this (see screen shot). Now I'm curious if there is actually a built-in phone number blocker, or is this something else? I've been known to miss the obvious.
    I don't have a number blocking app installed.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-17-17 06:56 AM
    It's built into the most current versions of android! you can block numbers by accessing your call log and pull down clicking call details will open amend to block!
    Smokeaire and FF22 like this.
    09-17-17 06:59 AM
    I was exploring Setting features and I came across this (see screen shot). Now I'm curious if there is actually a built-in phone number blocker, or is this something else? I've been known to miss the obvious.
    I don't have a number blocking app installed. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...9c1df89d10.jpg
    Google dialer had its own number blocker you can access it in the phone apps settings, it also has a scam likely caller ID
    09-17-17 07:08 AM
    It's built into the most current versions of android! you can block numbers by accessing your call log and pull down clicking call details will open amend to block!
    Nice. Thanks for the info. Does this just throw the call into VM like some blocking apps do? I hope not. Right now I don't have any calls in my log to test this out.
    09-17-17 07:12 AM
    Nice. Thanks for the info. Does this just throw the call into VM like some blocking apps do? I hope not. Right now I don't have any calls in my log to test this out.
    On blocked numbers I don't know. But scam likely numbers go to vm
    09-17-17 07:26 AM
    I do have a question for you. Does the keyone come with all the blackberry apps ie messenger, phone, etc. As well as the Google/ Android ones?
    09-17-17 07:29 AM
    On blocked numbers I don't know. But scam likely numbers go to vm
    I guess I could always try it out with my wife's phone number. On second thought.......
    FF22 and KumaraKruncher like this.
    09-17-17 07:31 AM
    I guess I could always try it out with my wife's phone number. On second thought.......
    Attached Thumbnails Native KEYᵒⁿᵉ Block Numbers Feature?-17432.jpg  
    09-17-17 07:36 AM
    I don't even want to know LMFAO 😈
    09-17-17 07:42 AM
    One of these things is not like the other.
    I assume your screenshot is from the Phone settings.
    09-17-17 07:44 AM
    One of these things is not like the other.
    I assume your screenshot is from the Phone settings. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c744d11c8a.jpg
    Yes it's from the same settings menu, I'm on a different device running nougat so I have a few more features but yes it's the same screen
    09-17-17 07:46 AM
    what exactly are you trying to do here?
    09-17-17 07:47 AM
    Yes it's from the same settings menu, I'm on a different device running nougat so I have a few more features but yes it's the same screen
    That explains the difference in features. Thanks.
    09-17-17 08:05 AM
    what exactly are you trying to do here?
    Just block callers, advertisers, spammers, and the like. Now that I know it's a built in feature it will save me from downloading another app.
    09-17-17 08:08 AM
    Just block callers, advertisers, spammers, and the like. Now that I know it's a built in feature it will save me from downloading another app.
    Yeah it's good stuff, only thing is in not sure about your device but I have to manually enter numbers I want blocked, as far as the caller ID it automatically detects and notify you of a suspected spam call
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-17-17 08:11 AM
    Yeah it's good stuff, only thing is in not sure about your device but I have to manually enter numbers I want blocked, as far as the caller ID it automatically detects and notify you of a suspected spam call
    I just tested it (up to actually blocking) with Misty's last call to me in the call log. Long press and the option to block appears. Unfortunately there isn't the spam detector on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ that you have on your phone.
    Can't have everything.
    09-17-17 08:23 AM
    I just tested it (up to actually blocking) with Misty's last call to me in the call log. Long press and the option to block appears. Unfortunately there isn't the spam detector on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ that you have on your phone.
    Can't have everything.
    I'm almost certain it's part of the Google dialer. I'm running NOUGAT 7.1.2 I think the keyone is 7.1, but don't think that matters
    09-17-17 08:29 AM
    I'm almost certain it's part of the Google dialer. I'm running NOUGAT 7.1.2 I think the keyone is 7.1, but don't think that matters
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ Nougat 7.1.1. Of course any feature offerings might have to do with whatever TCL decides to bake into the OS. Maybe a phone dialer update will offer the spam detector and blocker feature. It could be carrier dependent as well.
    09-17-17 09:24 AM
    KEYᵒⁿᵉ Nougat 7.1.1. Of course any feature offerings might have to do with whatever TCL decides to bake into the OS. Maybe a phone dialer update will offer the spam detector and blocker feature. It could be carrier dependent as well.
    Hmm it's possible, metro PCS here
    Smokeaire likes this.
    09-17-17 09:25 AM
    Hmm it's possible, metro PCS here
    My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is factory unlocked on Att. At least the call blocker is available. That's good to know.
    09-17-17 09:44 AM
    on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ it blocks texts as well
    09-17-17 04:16 PM