So tempted to run my new KeyOne 64 naked with no case or screen protection.

Heck we all used to do it with our dumb phones (ie Nokias).

KeyOne is Corning Gorilla Glass 4 as opposed to Key2 CGG 3??

Any long time KeyOne users ran theirs completely naked and had no issues with scratches (mostly concerned with screen scratches)?
    08-28-18 04:54 AM
    yay with a spigen ring...lowers the risk
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-28-18 05:22 AM
    I Have always used a case and 2 weeks ago I bought a glass screen protector. Not sure how it happened, but I now have an half inch scratch on my screen protector.

Key2 looks and feels great naked, but one single drop could scar it for life.
    08-28-18 05:30 AM
    I spent $500 on my BE. seidio case. learned my lesson busting the priv glass.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-28-18 06:34 AM
    i recommend to keep a firm grip. in my year of using a keyone, have always used it naked. but i have dropped it twice on concrete. twice as i was trying to take it out of pocket fast and slipped out my hands. some scratches and small little damages to the frame, but barely any scratches. the scratches that u do get from normal use, are tiny, and not visible unless u have a black screen under intense light. so i say go naked for the ultimate feel. but keep a firm grip and be careful when taking out of pocket.
    Ambitious_1 and skinnymike1 like this.
    08-28-18 06:57 AM
    You could just use a screen protector (not the plastic but thin film) without a case to avoid scratches.
    08-28-18 08:02 AM
    i recommend to keep a firm grip. in my year of using a keyone, have always used it naked. but i have dropped it twice on concrete. twice as i was trying to take it out of pocket fast and slipped out my hands.
    This has been my single biggest concern moving from a Classic to a KEYone. The Classic is still my daily driver about two months into owning a KEYone, in large part because it's not comfortable to hold the KEYone. It wants to fall out of my hand. This is not a problem with the Classic. I feel like the design of the KEYone was a mistake -- the rounded, very slippery sides are almost purposely hard to grasp with a typical phone-holding grip, and the soft-touch back is much less grippy than the Classic's back. I loathe picking up the phone -- it's the only phone I've ever owned where I bought a case for it, and it's because I'm hoping the case will make me feel more confident holding it. I do not drop phones, ever, but the KEYone feels like it wants to fall out of my hand.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 08:13 AM
    Like many doesn't matter if its BB, Apple, Samsung, etc... They all look "nice" without a case, companies spend lots of money to design it this is for marketing purposes. However at the end of the day most people can't just "buy another phone" if it breaks.

I have contemplated using the K1 without a case but I just can't bring myself to do it, cause the day I remove the case is the day I will drop the phone on concrete!
    FF22 likes this.
    08-28-18 08:30 AM
    I have had my KeyOne naked for well over a year, using it with just the SEIDIO holster - even dropping it while out with friends over a "drink" or 12, no scratches or even dents.
    Ambitious_1 likes this.
    08-28-18 10:24 AM
    i never had a scratch on any phone, before K1 (all PalmPhones, Blackberry Q10, Passport, Classic) - K1's screen got s big scratch just after a few months, most probable by sliding it in/out of my handybag when I was in Florida.
    K2 glass is lower but again more scratch - resistant than K1!
    08-28-18 10:31 AM
    You can go caseless, but definitely use a tempered glas screen protector that covers the edges. Also it's better if you have the Silver Edition since there won't be paint marks/scratches
    08-28-18 12:52 PM
    i never had a scratch on any phone, before K1 (all PalmPhones, Blackberry Q10, Passport, Classic) - K1's screen got s big scratch just after a few months, most probable by sliding it in/out of my handybag when I was in Florida.
    K2 glass is lower but again more scratch - resistant than K1!
    But doesn't the KeyOne have a higher grade Gorilla Glass? It doesn't make sense to me but that is what my research identified ie 4 vs 3
    08-29-18 03:07 AM
    But doesn't the KeyOne have a higher grade Gorilla Glass? It doesn't make sense to me but that is what my research identified ie 4 vs 3
    Glass is still glass though, and at 180 grams, do you really think the KEYone (or any other phone) is gonna survive a standard waist high drop?
    08-29-18 03:24 AM
    Glass is still glass though, and at 180 grams, do you really think the KEYone (or any other phone) is gonna survive a standard waist high drop?
    Mine has survived 2 above wasit high drops on concrete
    08-29-18 04:50 AM
    I had the bold9700, 9900, classic. The keyone is the most durable glass by far. And barely any scratches. I work in a retail warehouse and it gets dusty in there. I take my phone out of my pocket and use the phone occassionly, so imagine my not so clean finger on the screen alot, over the last 14 months. And barely any scratches. Just the micro scratches visible on a black screen under light when moving the phone around.
    08-29-18 04:53 AM
    Yes a higher level glass, but not as scratch resistant as the lower one, but better restisting dumps... different in attributes, thats why they also went back onto the lower one again on the k2 from what I had found out. ..
    08-29-18 05:08 AM
    Mine has survived 2 above wasit high drops on concrete
    Mine has survived several drops to concrete without any malfunction, except the scratch in the body frame
    08-29-18 05:19 AM
    Can you upload pictures
    08-29-18 05:34 AM
    Mine has survived multiple drops and the only issue is that it now refuses to upgrade to Oreo....

Wait, maybe the drops DID damage it more than I thought
    08-29-18 08:33 AM
    yay
    08-29-18 08:40 AM
    I'm using my KEYone commando style during the day. Back home it goes into a TPU case with a Spigen ring. No screen protector. Also no scratches, no nothing.
    08-29-18 12:16 PM
    I use my KEYᵒⁿᵉ naked most of the time. I have three cases but rarely use em'. Phone ring gives me comfort and security I need. The phone is rugged enough and has a few battle scars.
    08-29-18 12:47 PM
    To me it appears that most people that use a naked KeyOne haven't really had too much issues with scratches to the glass.

With comments of micro scratches to the screen they aren't visible when using the phone right? And need a sharp eye to see them?
    08-29-18 01:12 PM
    I bought only a screen protector for mine (the flexible plastic type not the hard glass type). Costs about $10 for 3 in a package.

Dropped mine on concrete from waist height getting out of a SUV (so about chest height to the ground) and it landed face first (I'm done with storing my phone in the pocket of Gap Hoodies since I keep having this problem with those hoodies).

There are a few scratches on the frame and a few scuffs on the screen protector. I was going to replace the screen protector with one of the other 2 I have left. That was half a year ago as I just kept forgetting to replace it. I'm not going to bother as I don't really see the scuffs when the phone is on. I only see the scuffs when the phone is off.

IMO, if you're not planning to try and sell it in the future, a case is not really necessary and adds extra weight and bulk.
    08-29-18 01:32 PM

IMO, if you're not planning to try and sell it in the future, a case is not really necessary and adds extra weight and bulk.
    Yeah, BlackBerries don't seem to have much resale value anyway. So I might just chance it. Thanks for sharing your experience. Time to invest in different hoodies.
    08-30-18 04:01 AM