So she has a PRIV and is not happy with battery life and how hot it gets. Today I let her play with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ for an extended time (1 hour) and she played a half hour of Super Mario Run, watched an episode of Fawlty Towers plus a few other assorted things which took up just over an hour.

I asked her, did the phone get even warm during that time and she says no. I ask her if she knows how much battery was used during that hour and she says it went from 57% to 50%. Then she tells me... get me one!

So since I was due for an upgrade on an existing contract I have I have been able to pick one up from Bell for $200 with unlimited calling/texting and 2.5gb of Mobile data for $60 a month. Did I do well? Only she will tell... :-)
    deezus48 and KPR1976 like this.
    07-16-17 10:15 PM
    Cost isn't the importance here. Keeping your wife happy is what will make life easier for you.

I'm not a big believer in flex plans through carriers , I prefer to buy phones outright...but based on the numbers you did OK!
    C_McD and portplayer like this.
    07-16-17 10:38 PM
    So she has a PRIV and is not happy with battery life and how hot it gets. Today I let her play with my KEYᵒⁿᵉ for an extended time (1 hour) and she played a half hour of Super Mario Run, watched an episode of Fawlty Towers plus a few other assorted things which took up just over an hour.

I asked her, did the phone get even warm during that time and she says no. I ask her if she knows how much battery was used during that hour and she says it went from 57% to 50%. Then she tells me... get me one!

So since I was due for an upgrade on an existing contract I have I have been able to pick one up from Bell for $200 with unlimited calling/texting and 2.5gb of Mobile data for $60 a month. Did I do well? Only she will tell... :-)
    How were you able to swing that kind of a plan from Bell? Is that a corporate/EPP (employee purchase plan) deal?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 11:26 PM
    How were you able to swing that kind of a plan from Bell? Is that a corporate/EPP (employee purchase plan) deal?

Posted via CB10
    Probably the best way to explain is that I live in Manitoba.
    07-16-17 11:40 PM
    We are lucky in Manitoba for now. Plans have been quite reasonable due to competition. Buy that has changed now with the sale of our local provider. Prices will go up.

2.5 GB? She might need more data if she ends up spending more time on the phone!
    07-17-17 12:42 AM
    Not bad. I live in Alberta, and the best I can do is $70 for 3GB of data, but I had to get Bell to match an EPP from Telus.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 07:28 AM
    My gosh do Canadian carrier phone plans suck. Nevertheless hope ur wife enjoys the KEYone! Awesome device.
    07-17-17 10:09 AM
    Tis true. I get exactly what you're getting for half the price. I'm in the US on boost mobile.
    07-17-17 10:25 AM
    We are lucky in Manitoba for now. Plans have been quite reasonable due to competition. Buy that has changed now with the sale of our local provider. Prices will go up.

2.5 GB? She might need more data if she ends up spending more time on the phone!
    You're gonna have to come by the Central Hotel and drop in to the Happy BlackBerry table one day. Regular appearances include Z30, Leap, Passport, PRIV, KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Classic and even a PlayBook every once in a while!
    07-17-17 07:38 PM
    You're gonna have to come by the Central Hotel and drop in to the Happy BlackBerry table one day. Regular appearances include Z30, Leap, Passport, PRIV, KEYᵒⁿᵉ, Classic and even a PlayBook every once in a while!
    Lemme know when. I'll pop by one day.
    07-17-17 07:42 PM
    Not bad. I live in Alberta, and the best I can do is $70 for 3GB of data, but I had to get Bell to match an EPP from Telus.

Posted via CB10
    I have 15 GB data and unlimited Canada calling, shared with my daughter, for $109 with corporate discount.
    07-17-17 07:44 PM