So after having the phone a little over a week I thought I would give my personal thoughts on the KeyOne.

This is by no means a phone for everyone, But for the niche market it was aimed for its pretty close to perfect.

This isn’t my first Blackberry phone but after the PRIV I went on to iPhone 6S Plus and then Samsung S7 Edge which are both great phones but I found myself having to carry a charger or external battery pack with me.
    I’m by no standards a slave to my phone, Pretty much use it for WhatsApp, Facebook and well texts/calls, I’ve never been one to fall into the mobile gaming world.
    So with a bit of hesitation at first I ditched my S7 Edge and moved over to the Blackberry KeyOne.
    Now the first thing anyone will notice this was not made with sleek glass in mind, This phone was built to last and take a punch without shattering into a thousand tiny pieces, Simply picking up the phone feels satisfying, TCL has a vision in mind and went full force in making a sturdy yet appealing to the eye phone, I urge anyone who is thinking of getting this phone to go play with the demo units and just get a feel for it.

Specs wise it is slightly lacking on paper but in actual use the phone feels sharp, responsive and ready to take on the tasks you throw at it, I hear so often on reviews that the phone isn’t “future proof” with the specs it has but lets be honest in a world that technology is rapidly changing can any device truly be “future proof”?
    If your the type of person who watches videos a lot on your phone maybe this wouldn’t be your best choice but for what the phone was built for it excels, I’m no business man, I’m just your casual Joe who happens to enjoy the physical keyboard over the touch glass types, I spend a lot of my phone time typing away on WhatsApp and I can say with all honestly the keyboard has made it less of a chore and more of an enjoyment.

I’ll admit I’ve not had chance to see all the features of the KeyOne yet, But from the short time I have been using it, I’ve enjoyed it, The battery life is truly insane, After 2 days I have still not had the need to run to the nearest charging point to give my phone the RedBull shot it needed like my S7E, I’ve had no issues with lag, slowdowns, failing apps etc and as of yet the fingerprint reader has been ready to snap into action when my thumb demands the phone to come to life.
    All in all I would say this is a great phone for the audience it was aimed for and excels in the areas it was built for.
    05-19-17 06:26 PM
    So after having the phone a little over a week I thought I would give my personal thoughts on the KeyOne.

This is by no means a phone for everyone, But for the niche market it was aimed for its pretty close to perfect.

This isn’t my first Blackberry phone but after the PRIV I went on to iPhone 6S Plus and then Samsung S7 Edge which are both great phones but I found myself having to carry a charger or external battery pack with me.
    I’m by no standards a slave to my phone, Pretty much use it for WhatsApp, Facebook and well texts/calls, I’ve never been one to fall into the mobile gaming world.
    So with a bit of hesitation at first I ditched my S7 Edge and moved over to the Blackberry KeyOne.
    Now the first thing anyone will notice this was not made with sleek glass in mind, This phone was built to last and take a punch without shattering into a thousand tiny pieces, Simply picking up the phone feels satisfying, TCL has a vision in mind and went full force in making a sturdy yet appealing to the eye phone, I urge anyone who is thinking of getting this phone to go play with the demo units and just get a feel for it.

Specs wise it is slightly lacking on paper but in actual use the phone feels sharp, responsive and ready to take on the tasks you throw at it, I hear so often on reviews that the phone isn’t “future proof” with the specs it has but lets be honest in a world that technology is rapidly changing can any device truly be “future proof”?
    If your the type of person who watches videos a lot on your phone maybe this wouldn’t be your best choice but for what the phone was built for it excels, I’m no business man, I’m just your casual Joe who happens to enjoy the physical keyboard over the touch glass types, I spend a lot of my phone time typing away on WhatsApp and I can say with all honestly the keyboard has made it less of a chore and more of an enjoyment.

I’ll admit I’ve not had chance to see all the features of the KeyOne yet, But from the short time I have been using it, I’ve enjoyed it, The battery life is truly insane, After 2 days I have still not had the need to run to the nearest charging point to give my phone the RedBull shot it needed like my S7E, I’ve had no issues with lag, slowdowns, failing apps etc and as of yet the fingerprint reader has been ready to snap into action when my thumb demands the phone to come to life.
    All in all I would say this is a great phone for the audience it was aimed for and excels in the areas it was built for.
    And that is why I hope Verizon carries it or at least the unlocked CDMA version will work. I watch the odd youtube video on my priv and I play forge of empires long enough to collect goodies on it. Otherwise I'm using it to text/ call , Web browse and look at forums like this and twitter. I can use either keyboard but like the pkb for most everything besides short texts. The battery life would make it perfect for me
    bluesqueen23 and Leedsboi86 like this.
    05-19-17 06:33 PM
    Great post Op.

I've had mine for a week and my thoughts mirror yours. The KEYone has been responsive, no lags, great camera and build. And love the PKB

Thanks again.
    Leedsboi86 likes this.
    05-19-17 07:07 PM
    great review. Thanks for sharing.
    Leedsboi86 likes this.
    05-19-17 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    I intend to write a more in depth review when I have had the phone a little longer.
    I'm not gonna say this phones for everyone but i feel like it's been made for a target audience and it delivers exactly what we needed.
    I always felt iPhones and Samsung phones try to target everyone giving peope less of what they wanted but the KeyOne gives me exactly what I need and how I need it.
    05-19-17 07:25 PM

Pretty much as I feel. Although I power use; email, whatsapp, browser, YouTube, twitter, fb, and at the moment loads of travel apps like trip advisor, airbnb etc.

And the battery keeps going and going.

I've come from various bb devices from 9000 through to Passport and I am loving the bb productivity, and battery life.

Ok, my bro has an S8, and yes it's a cool looking device with a screen that melts into your brain....but it ain't productive like the KeyOne and the S8 battery really doesn't go the distance.

Peace out 😎
    Plazmic Flame and Snap51 like this.
    05-19-17 07:31 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Which is exactly why I want it!

Posted via CB10
    05-19-17 08:45 PM
    Second week now! and the KeyOne is still impressing me!! so far i'm rocking 3 days of battery with my normal use.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    05-24-17 07:57 PM
    3 days?? wow that's fantastic. Sounds like you're enjoying this device.
    05-24-17 08:03 PM
    Great review I'm also fed up of my s7 edge can't wait to replace it with a keyone!!
    05-24-17 08:13 PM
    The S7E was a good phone but I could barely make it half a day without needing a boost charge, I'm doing pretty much the same as I did on S7E and the KeyOne must have a power plant built in cause it simply won't die lol

I must admit getting used to a PKB again took a few days but now I am typing away like a novel writer haha.

Sound is nice and clear and have to say it's been enjoyable, as for the display I was rather hesitant to give up my SAMOLED but honestly the screen on KeyOne is fantastic, the colours appear more natural and less IN YOUR FACE like S7E

Camera is simply amazing and could easily rival the S7E, as for the power key..... I simply don't use it lol the double touch has served me well and works great, I do it now without thinking about it lol

I highly reccomend KeyOne if you want a phone that just gets it done without demanding livng next to a power socket
    laketrout73 likes this.
    05-24-17 08:26 PM
    Thanks for the review.
    I got also the phone 3 days ago and I really enjoy it.
    It's very snappy, no lag at all, fantastic screen , great keyboard and more than excellent battery life !
    I highly recommend it to all who wish a great phone with a keyboard.
    05-24-17 08:47 PM
    I just finally got my unlocked KEYone tonight. Getting things set up and the battery is still doing great even though I'm doing updates, downloading apps and playing with it non stop.

It's snappy and feels really good in the hand. Loving it so far. Coming from Samsung S7 and Note 5 so I'm liking the new and different UI as well.
    05-24-17 08:58 PM
    It's awesome to see all of the positive reviews coming out about this phone. People are loving it!
    05-24-17 09:50 PM