Nova Launcher seems to be MUCH more forgiving for my KEYone with 3Gb of RAM then BlackBerry Launcher. The Phone runs noticeably smoother with Nova. what I like about Nova is that animations can be turned off through the launcher without going through developer options. You will miss shortcuts unfortunately which is a bummer. however what Nova has and BlackBerry launcher does not is customization of the dock. You can get 5 docks with maximum 7 icons on it or 35 apps on the dock. So you can put all your favorite apps right on the dock and access them with easy scrolling of the dock. Plus you have gestures so you can program say to swipe up to open calendar or hub. app tray can be opened with swipe as well so dock icon does not take up space from other important apps. In addition there is automatic day and night mode. Once you push key blackberry search jumps out automatically with apps that correspond to the key you pressed. So if you push "G" chrome comes out as suggestion etc. App tray has tab with frequent , recent and new apps. These tabs can also be easily accessed buy pressing circle on the navigation bar (short press)

Overall nova works great on KEYone. Check it out.
    06-14-18 07:04 PM
    Please provide additional details on how BlackBerry Launcher was degrading your KEYone's performance. What do you mean by Nova Launcher gives you a noticeably smoother experience?

I haven't noticed any issues with BlackBerry Launcher on my SE KEYone but am always willing to try something new if it helps make my device more productive.
    06-14-18 08:16 PM
    Please provide additional details on how BlackBerry Launcher was degrading your KEYone's performance. What do you mean by Nova Launcher gives you a noticeably smoother experience?

I haven't noticed any issues with BlackBerry Launcher on my SE KEYone but am always willing to try something new if it helps make my device more productive.
    I've heard this about alternative launchers as well, but I personally feel that the BlackBerry Launcher is the closest to BB10 that I'm going to experience on an Android device. Maybe it's because I've only used BB Launcher that I'm happy with its performance. I'm personally not prepared to lose shortcuts as I use them constantly. YMMV, and I appreciate the ability to customize Android.
    06-14-18 08:51 PM
    Performance is great on Nova but I always end up missing the keyboard shortcuts when I switch to it and come back.
    06-14-18 08:57 PM

Blackberry KEYone launcher is just not as smooth. It takes noticeably longer to open apps. camera app is noticeably slower (do nt ask me why, it just is), scrolling is faster In browsers like Google browser and the over performance is not as snappy as it is on Blackberry Launcher. I do not know why but it is just how I feel. Feels like Blackberry launcher gets bogged down over time causing responsiveness to be affected. Check out nova
    06-14-18 09:17 PM
    Someone on another thread is developing an app that lets us have the keyboard shortcuts on any launcher, an update will come soon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.shortcutkeys
    ezikiah and Bart Brewinski like this.
    06-15-18 06:12 AM
    I use Nova launcher as well. To make up for the keyboard shortcuts, I use button remapper.
    06-15-18 08:30 AM
    Nova launcher is the way to go imo. Way faster. I use very few apps so I don't need pkb shortcuts.

My phone is all swipe driven now.

Swipe up for browser, swipe down for hub, two finger swipe down to go directly into compose an emal. Three finger swipe down on any screen to access notification shade, swipe from right to peek at hub.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 06-16-18 at 04:24 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-16-18 04:02 AM
    I would love to try other launchers but I need the extra functionality of the Keyboard so I am stuck.
    06-16-18 01:59 PM
    Nova launcher is the way to go imo. Way faster. I use very few apps so I don't need pkb shortcuts.

Swipe up for browser, swipe down for hub, two finger swipe down to go directly into compose an emal. Three finger swipe down on any screen to access notification shade, swipe from right to peek at hub.
    I also recommend Microsoft Launcher. It is really good. It feels like Nova because it has swipe gestures built in, customizable app tray and dock , even built-in Bing daily wallpaper rotations but it also has its own take on productivity tab with calendar. Frequent apps and contacts, weather, widgets and much more. I like it a lot. Microsoft has done tremendous job with its launcher
    Last edited by bitek; 06-17-18 at 06:26 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-17-18 06:13 AM
    I also recommend Microsoft Launcher. It is really good. It feels like Nova because it has swipe gestures built in, customizable app tray and dock , even built-in Bing daily wallpaper rotations but it also has its own take on productivity tab with calendar. Frequent apps and contacts, weather, widgets and much more. I like it a lot. Microsoft has done tremendous job with its launcher
    I tried it but couldn't get on with it. I also found it slower than nova
    06-17-18 07:17 AM
    Nova Launcher seems to be MUCH more forgiving for my KEYone with 3Gb of RAM then BlackBerry Launcher. The Phone runs noticeably smoother with Nova. what I like about Nova is that animations can be turned off through the launcher without going through developer options. You will miss shortcuts unfortunately which is a bummer. however what Nova has and BlackBerry launcher does not is customization of the dock. You can get 5 docks with maximum 7 icons on it or 35 apps on the dock. So you can put all your favorite apps right on the dock and access them with easy scrolling of the dock. Plus you have gestures so you can program say to swipe up to open calendar or hub. app tray can be opened with swipe as well so dock icon does not take up space from other important apps. In addition there is automatic day and night mode. Once you push key blackberry search jumps out automatically with apps that correspond to the key you pressed. So if you push "G" chrome comes out as suggestion etc. App tray has tab with frequent , recent and new apps. These tabs can also be easily accessed buy pressing circle on the navigation bar (short press)

Overall nova works great on KEYone. Check it out.
    Am I missing the tap to wake feature with Nova? Just testing it out now.
    06-17-18 04:21 PM
    Am I missing the tap to wake feature with Nova? Just testing it out now.
    might as well forget about tap to wake. its useless on nova
    06-18-18 04:08 AM
    using Nova Launcher for a year, now I'm falling in love with Lawnchair launcher.
    06-18-18 06:11 AM
    using Nova Launcher for a year, now I'm falling in love with Lawnchair launcher.
    I tried it but didn't see anything overly special about it that I didn't already have on other launchers. What do you like about it?
    06-18-18 07:19 AM
    I love my Nova Launcher. The settings I have make me more than willing to ditch the keybaord shortcuts.
    06-18-18 11:43 AM
    Someone on another thread is developing an app that lets us have the keyboard shortcuts on any launcher, an update will come soon

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...p.shortcutkeys
    Thanks for the shout out! I'm just putting on the finishing touches. For those of you who are interested, here's the (kinda) official thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...56/index5.html
    IvanTheTolerable and bitek like this.
    06-18-18 06:32 PM
    Nova made a difference when I was using Note 4 years back. But I am not going to give up the shortcuts.
    06-18-18 06:48 PM
    Thanks for the shout out! I'm just putting on the finishing touches. For those of you who are interested, here's the (kinda) official thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...56/index5.html
    Awesome!
    06-18-18 07:07 PM
    super !
    06-20-18 09:51 AM

Sell your KEYᵒⁿᵉ then get bb motion!
    06-21-18 05:42 AM
    Sell your KEYᵒⁿᵉ then get bb motion!
    06-21-18 05:55 AM
    Why would I do a dumb thing like that? I love typing with a pkb.
    Setyo Aryono and the_boon like this.
    06-21-18 05:55 AM
    I tried it but didn't see anything overly special about it that I didn't already have on other launchers. What do you like about it?
    Very light, my old K1 run smoothly.
    And i'm waiting for their beta 2.
    06-21-18 10:57 PM
    Does Nova Launcher include the red spark notifications? I liked MSFT Launcher... a LOT, until I realized it didn't have the notifications on the icons.
    06-21-18 11:12 PM
27 12