I admired the KeyOne, when I went to the NYC event. I think Kevin dropped one of the dummy units, and it held together just fine.

I'd say let them make it up to you. A replacement black 4/64 unit should say "we eff'ed up, and we want to make it up to you" nicely?
    A black would have been nice haha they actually did give me a replacement UK (-2) model back, which was interesting. I will admit the process was pretty painless and the 2 day shipping was nice. All I really had to do was prove I was the original owner (receipt) and give them my address. I wonder if I could have requested a black one! lol I'm satisfied though, good job Blackberry.

Oh also worth nothing: The screen is SIGNIFICANTLY better. Like everything about it. Putting the two side by side it's obvious. The new one is brighter (both on auto with same white balance), better blacks, whites, contrast, everything. It makes the old screen look constantly washed out.
    Last edited by Pluto is a planet; 02-23-18 at 03:21 PM.
    Sigewif likes this.
    02-23-18 03:06 PM
    I'd rather fix it my self with the 2mm 3m tape or just pay for the repair at a shop.

I know it's FREE to get a warranty claim but waiting weeks for a replacement or repair is not worth my time. Personal preference.

But you have options and the repair is simple and cheap and saves you tons of time. Not just the waiting game, but also reconfiguring the phone to the way it was.
    02-23-18 03:46 PM
    I'd rather fix it my self with the 2mm 3m tape or just pay for the repair at a shop.

I know it's FREE to get a warranty claim but waiting weeks for a replacement or repair is not worth my time. Personal preference.

But you have options and the repair is simple and cheap and saves you tons of time. Not just the waiting game, but also reconfiguring the phone to the way it was.
    For the record, from the time I emailed BB support to the time I got my replacement (not repair) device was only 10 days. So actually not that bad at all
    02-23-18 06:21 PM
    it literally took 4 days to send in and get a replacement.
    02-23-18 07:01 PM
    I'd feel better if TCL simply put a two year warranty on the screen. Period.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-18 07:02 PM
    I'd feel better if TCL simply put a two year warranty on the screen. Period.
    How about lifetime? It's their manufacturing defect, they should always be responsible for it.
    vlknack likes this.
    02-24-18 02:26 PM
    How about lifetime? It's their manufacturing defect, they should always be responsible for it.
    Agreed and I would definitely argue that if it happened to me
    02-25-18 02:54 AM
    Im not the original owner . I live in Brasil and bought a UK-device from a local selller., so no replacemant.
    The Tape for me is ok tough. I do not even notice and feel it , and it is much more pleasant then seeing the screen starting to lift.
    02-26-18 08:04 AM
    okay it's happening to me now. And the worst part is that TCL won't entertain replacements down here in India. Is there any DIY solution to this problem? NO! No elastic bands sh*t please.
    03-01-18 03:00 AM
    okay it's happening to me now. And the worst part is that TCL won't entertain replacements down here in India. Is there any DIY solution to this problem? NO! No elastic bands sh*t please.
    Is yours one that was produced for the Indian market?
    03-01-18 03:21 AM
    Is yours one that was produced for the Indian market?
    Nope. Silver KEYᴼᴺᴱ - UK.
    03-01-18 04:08 AM
    Reattaching the screen is a simple job for any cell phone repair shop. To avoid the hassle of returning the phone to BlackBerry, this is what I did.

I bought my KEYone in June, and my screen started to lift in January. Yes, I understand that my warranty was invalidated.
    shahriyar likes this.
    03-01-18 05:04 AM
    will try to do that. thanks
    03-01-18 11:18 AM
    Reattaching the screen is a simple job for any cell phone repair shop. To avoid the hassle of returning the phone to BlackBerry, this is what I did.

I bought my KEYone in June, and my screen started to lift in January. Yes, I understand that my warranty was invalidated.
    It should not be invalid , I bought mine in April and my screen lifted in Jan

I had the -2 UK model, one of the first adaptors
    03-01-18 01:31 PM
    If you do open a case with BlackBerry Mobile, they will then arrange for you to ship it to them supposedly for repairs. However, as I found out yesterday, the phone is shipped to a "holding center" in IL and held there until "there are enough phones that need repair there" which are then shipped to MN for repair THEN you'll get your repaired phone back in 5-7 days! Not only was the quality of the phone bad enough that the screens detach but also their solution to it adds insult to injury! My phone has been at the holding center since 2/28 and customer service is like a deer in headlights when asked how much longer it'll be there! This may very well be my last BlackBerry!
    03-18-18 01:29 AM
    This happen to me last week when I landed in Puerto Rico for a 5 day business Venture. My phone fell from the table at dinner the same night i got in. I had the KeyOne since June 4th 2017. I have owned about 10 BB and i was very disappointed as the screen popped out and stopped working. what a real disappointment!!!!.
    All my partners have the iphone X or iphone 8 plus quite honestly it was embarrassing. I always carry a back up phone which was the iphone 8 which got me thru the 5 days and i have finally decided to get the iphone X . I think BB mobile needs to do a better job with the phone i know this was a known issue but as a businessman this terribly sucks as we need reliable tools that work. I always felt like the KeyOne was slightly behind with minor issues (Bluetooth car connection, laggy etc). well until they fix and make a stout phone that work and is reliable i have thrown the towel and moving to the iphone X....
    I will always miss the true and stout BB..
    03-18-18 01:57 PM
    Curse BBMo! That's what i did and bought Note 8
    shannonkish likes this.
    03-18-18 03:22 PM
    Two words, duct tape...

Nothing like a $700 phone with duct tape holding the screen on.
    Wrong. Hondo works better
    03-18-18 07:12 PM
43 12