I'm in the Los Angeles area and I bought a keyone from the UK way back last June. I thought I had been one of the lucky ones to get a phone without the screen lifting, but as of 5 minutes ago I just realized the bottom left corner of the screen is lifting up. I can definitely see light bleeding from under it and if I wanted to I could probably stick my fingernail under there and lift the whole thing up. Is it too late to get a replacement? Who do I contact about this? I'd assume BlackBerry directly? I'm on att but I don't think that matters since I bought this phone unlocked. Thanks for the help!
    02-12-18 11:09 PM
    I'm in the Los Angeles area and I bought a keyone from the UK way back last June. I thought I had been one of the lucky ones to get a phone without the screen lifting, but as of 5 minutes ago I just realized the bottom left corner of the screen is lifting up. I can definitely see light bleeding from under it and if I wanted to I could probably stick my fingernail under there and lift the whole thing up. Is it too late to get a replacement? Who do I contact about this? I'd assume BlackBerry directly? I'm on att but I don't think that matters since I bought this phone unlocked. Thanks for the help!
    Start here https://www.blackberrymobile.com/sup...tline-service/
    Contact BlackBerry Mobile directly.. That sucks
    Pluto is a planet likes this.
    02-12-18 11:17 PM
    Start here https://www.blackberrymobile.com/sup...tline-service/
    Pluto is a planet likes this.
    02-12-18 11:20 PM
    Two words, duct tape...

Nothing like a $700 phone with duct tape holding the screen on.
    Pluto is a planet and andy957 like this.
    02-12-18 11:34 PM
    Awesome thanks. This is what I was looking for
    Carjackd likes this.
    02-13-18 12:12 AM
    Two words, duct tape...

Jokes a part.. Use NOW the duct tape to hold the screen in position. The phone is still usable but if the screen detaches the risk is that it is going to break the connection cable at at that point by bye phone..
    02-13-18 01:15 AM
    Elasticated bands are a K1's friend :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-13-18 01:32 AM
    Lol duct tape? Rubber bands? Wtf no!

Find some thin clear tape (ideally something like 5mm width) so that way it's not too noticeable, and apply a layer going across the top of the screen, around where the status bar is, make sure the band goes around the sides of the phone, and do the same down at the bottom across the nav keys.
    02-13-18 03:41 AM
    Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm in a bad remake of an episode of the Twilight Zone. Who puts themselves through this, for a device that they spent hard earned, or borrowed, money on? Tape... on a new device that should work as expected, out of the box? Does it take the battery blowing someone's head off, before what's suggested in this thread is deems unacceptable? I seriously just don't get it.
    02-13-18 04:56 AM
    Yea I'm not going to tape my freaking phone haha that's ridiculous guys sorry. If I can't get a replacement I'll have to just move onto a pixel 2 or something.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-13-18 02:01 PM
    Yea I'm not going to tape my freaking phone haha that's ridiculous guys sorry. If I can't get a replacement I'll have to just move onto a pixel 2 or something.
    I just went through the process myself, San Francisco :

- Definitely tape it. (clear scotch tape works perfectly fine, touch will work over the tape)
    As others said, it'll be fully dead if the screen separates and cable breaks.
    - Backup the phone immediately. Again if cable breaks you've lost it all.
    - Contact them and set up replacement.
    - They'll warn that if you have other problems with the phone then you should send for repair not replacement. In case of repair they won't lend you another device.
    - Factory-reseting the device is a good idea before sending it
    - I ended up sending for repair, and they ended up sending me another device (was pretty quick). Be ready to switch devices.
    anon(9188202) and FF22 like this.
    02-13-18 02:11 PM
    was the black edition or the grey one?
    02-14-18 12:33 PM
    Two words, duct tape...

Use red duct tape, than you have a rare keyone
    anon(9188202) and Mecca EL like this.
    02-14-18 03:23 PM
    Buy a new Non - BlackBerry device
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-15-18 01:51 PM
    Reading this thread makes me feel like I'm in a bad remake of an episode of the Twilight Zone. Who puts themselves through this, for a device that they spent hard earned, or borrowed, money on? Tape... on a new device that should work as expected, out of the box? Does it take the battery blowing someone's head off, before what's suggested in this thread is deems unacceptable? I seriously just don't get it.
    I bought a new car once and it got a flat tire. Just left it on the side of the road and went and bought another one.

But really the KEYone is a very nice phone that initially had some production issues very early on and we're since rectified.
    02-15-18 02:47 PM
    I bought a new car once and it got a flat tire. Just left it on the side of the road and went and bought another one.

But really the KEYone is a very nice phone that initially had some production issues very early on and we're since rectified.
    New vehicles come with years worth of Road Side Assistance. On-Star is your friend.

OP, if you still have your device, take it and a laptop, or use a computer away from children, plug into USB and do a full ADB backup of your device. There are tons of tutorial on how to do this. When you receive your new device, you can push the full backup to the new KeyOne.
    02-15-18 03:18 PM
    Happened to my phone few months ago, I just put clear tape on the bottom. less than a year and this happens. Got me thinkin about future BB phones.
    02-15-18 04:37 PM
    I hear you, my brother! I got the Moto X4 on Google Fi for only $249. It has similar specs to the KeyOne (32gb/3gb RAM with micro SD slot) with a better processor for half the price, and I don't have to deal with the screen lift and all the other drama.

Been with Blackberry since 2007, but enough is enough. TCL/Blackberry Mobile are not serious. They can keep their madness.
    Last edited by GPuba; 02-15-18 at 06:28 PM.
    Mecca EL and anon(10218918) like this.
    02-15-18 05:32 PM
    You guys crack me up with the tape situation. Buy some 2MM LCD/screen tape, slowly pry the rest of the screen away and retape the entire thing. Mine hasn't come apart since I've done it. Be careful not to break the cable when doing all of this.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-15-18 09:32 PM
    New vehicles come with years worth of Road Side Assistance. On-Star is your friend.

OP, if you still have your device, take it and a laptop, or use a computer away from children, plug into USB and do a full ADB backup of your device. There are tons of tutorial on how to do this. When you receive your new device, you can push the full backup to the new KeyOne.
    I still have my device, Blackberry is still processing my request I guess. I thought about backing up, but I might just want to start fresh. I usually just back up my contacts and notes then start new. Besides if this is a hassle I'll just get a new phone. I really enjoy the keyone so I was disappointed by this issue.

It's the grey version btw. It's also made me tentative about future BB phones
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-16-18 03:28 PM
    I still have my device, Blackberry is still processing my request I guess. I thought about backing up, but I might just want to start fresh. I usually just back up my contacts and notes then start new. Besides if this is a hassle I'll just get a new phone. I really enjoy the keyone so I was disappointed by this issue.

Don't let the screen lift issue scare you off. The KEYone is the first BlackBerry-branded device with a screen lift issue since...well, since the Passport. 😂
    Mecca EL and FF22 like this.
    02-16-18 03:40 PM
    at a reputable repair shop, a tech can loosen the screen preserving the ribbon cable and apply 3M double stick adhesive tape to reinstall the screen... otherwise, you'll get a refurb unit back from BlackBerry which may not be the UK model if that's what you want.
    andy957 likes this.
    02-16-18 03:49 PM
    Don't let the screen lift issue scare you off. The KEYone is the first BlackBerry-branded device with a screen lift issue since...well, since the Passport. 😂
    I agree... I have had a Passport, Priv, and KEYᵒⁿᵉ none having any hardware issues at all...
    02-16-18 03:52 PM

I admired the KeyOne, when I went to the NYC event. I think Kevin dropped one of the dummy units, and it held together just fine.

I'd say let them make it up to you. A replacement black 4/64 unit should say "we eff'ed up, and we want to make it up to you" nicely?
    02-16-18 06:34 PM
    Awesome thanks. This is what I was looking for
    No worries
    02-16-18 10:28 PM
43 12