The silence from BlackBerry/TCL doesn't help matters either, I'm gonna hold out for a little while longer, there's nothing like returning a faulty unit once I get hold of one around here, if it breaks you own it period!
    07-08-17 12:06 PM
    My KEYone in its short time of ownership has been to Hong Kong, Indonesia and 2 weeks in spain

All hot countries, no problems at all , brilliant phone 👍
    Livermore and Barbareren like this.
    07-08-17 12:15 PM
    Samsung issued a full recall when they had a 6% failure rate on the Note 7. An OEM needs to do this to support their product.
    This is some screens coming off, not a fire hazard. We have no idea what the actual failure percentage is, though my suspicions are it's less than 1%.

BBMo is supporting their product and customers. The OP loves his phone, and should contact BBMo for replacement, as previously mentioned.
    07-08-17 01:02 PM
    Anybody tried a few drops of epoxy or Gorilla Glue or something similar to hold the screen?
    Someone mentioned using Superglue but others suggested that it is too rigid. They suggested a two sided tape intended to secure screens. Plus superglue would not allow it to be disassembled if access were required.
    07-08-17 04:52 PM
    Who really knows. Both of my original US launch KEYones from Amazon are holding up like Champs. I can't imagine anyone else living in a place hotter than where I am. (Arizona)
    Same. Pretty much 100+ every day for weeks now and mine are all still fine.
    john_v likes this.
    07-08-17 06:58 PM
    Someone mentioned using Superglue but others suggested that it is too rigid. They suggested a two sided tape intended to secure screens. Plus superglue would not allow it to be disassembled if access were required.
    While I don't suggest self repair...

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...3D332064342386

^^ Is the way to go.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-08-17 06:59 PM
    Nothing to do with heat. The first report was by TheQ on 26 May and he is in England. Pretty sure it wasn't that hot here then.
    As JerryRig demonstrated shortly after and then other unfortunate buyers have shown in their photos, it's down to insufficient adhesive, either by poor quality control or by skimping on the production process.
    The only consolation I suppose, is that it doesn't seem to be a design flaw.
    07-08-17 07:29 PM
    Remember guys.. forums usually consist of users who have problems with their device seeking help. Users with flawless devices usually don't post on forums about how great their device is, they go about their day using the phone.

I think CB forums need to realize this fact.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and MikeX74 like this.
    07-08-17 07:35 PM
    Okay thanks. So those are 72 on the forums.. let just throw random numbers around. Let's assume 300 total buyers have experienced this horrendous tragedy. Let's assume roughly 3,000 units have been sold. Well 300 is but 10% of total units.. I'm not too worried.

Posted via CB10
    LOL, do you really believe only 3,000 units have been sold? I think a rate of about 0.1-0.5% of faulty units is probably far more accurate (just a guesstimate).
    07-08-17 07:54 PM
    I have one of the original Amazon US launch Keyones, and my screen has just separated. I live where it's been triple digits for the past few weeks, but I work in an office and don't spend much time outside. Temperature didn't affect my phone. The adhesive just wasn't enough.

Luckily I'll be getting a replacement unit from Blackberry / TCL since it has been too long, and Amazon hasn't gotten the new stock to exchange it.

I'm glad they've recognized and fixed the issue. Can't wait for my new KeyOne!
    Pic of the screen separation below.

My screen fell out-20170708_174937.jpg
    Last edited by psychofox13; 07-08-17 at 10:26 PM.
    WT44 likes this.
    07-08-17 09:58 PM
    Maybe no one should buy another Keyone until we get an official statement from TCL on what serial numbers are affected and that the manufacturing process has been fixed. I know they read these Crackberry forums and the lack of sales might prompt them to gives us an update. It is ridiculous for someone to pay almost $600 for a device and then just have to wait until their screen falls out of the smartphone.
    WT44 likes this.
    07-08-17 10:08 PM
    yaaaaaaaaaikz poor keyone
    07-09-17 10:37 AM
    I am into Tuesday evening. Not a peep back from Blackberry, getting concerned....
    07-11-17 07:06 PM
    Today I finally received my replacement phone. It was a long drawn out, very unprofessional deal. It was like dealing with clueless amateurs. 28 days. If I didn't love a physical keyboard so much, I would have returned it and been done with it. Communication was absolutely horrible. When the process is done and you have to wait 2 days for a supervisor to call you and get your cc info before they ship the replacement. Save yourself the grief, ship it back to where you purchased it and buy another one. Trust me, it will be much easier and faster. The new company has a long way to go in customer service and learning communication skills.
    07-25-17 04:57 PM
    The problem is that no one knows the current number which is likely 10x the number reported here than 3x. Most people don't post.

But regardless, it is extremely likely that the number of defective phones is a much larger number. Many more will have the defect manifest in the coming weeks or months. Eventually all of the phones in the first batch could experience the problem. At the very best, it's the current number but we all know the number will continue to grow.

Again, i am asking for TCL to provide the serial number range from the first batch so those of us can make our own decisions rather than waiting until it happens and losing data or not being able to clean the phone before return. For me this is a business device essential for my business and not a weekend toy. I would gladly pay shipping to electively return the phone for proactive repair if it's from the first batch rather than live with the uncertainty.

I've been with BB since before the Curve but the manner in which this is being handled is totally unacceptable. My Amazon 30 warranty expires next week. Unless TCL comes clean before then i'm probably returning the phone and switching to a S8. Hate to lose the keyboard but need a phone in which i have confidence.
    07-25-17 08:08 PM
40 12