My screen fell out of my new Keyone, haven't had it 2 weeks. I don't see adhesive, I don't see glue spots. I have no idea what was holding it in. Not sure if I should find an adhesive or what. Amazon says I have until the end of the month to return it. I'm in Texas where it's hot and muggy, shouldn't cause a screen to come off. It's in the case. I love the phone, haven't even started to learn it. As they are out of stock, I don't wanna be without the phone. I will never live this down, I have bragged and bragged to everyone, now this.....
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-07-17 11:10 PM
    Sorry for your bad experience. My suggestion is for you to return it and never buy another KeyOne until there is confirmation from BlackBerry Mobile that the issue has been resolved.

Do not go by those that say they have no issues on theirs cause it would seem at some point the problem comes up. It would also seem like the company doesn't know how to deal with the matter, they should have come up with a redress by now since they have "acknowledged" that there may be a problem with the screen coming off.

Poor public relations from both TCL and BlackBerry Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    chain13 and anon(8679041) like this.
    07-07-17 11:29 PM
    I can't live without it. I can't. I won't. I LOVE this phone. I'll wrap a Rubber band around it. I don't want to return it as they don't have any in stock at Amazon. I'd pictures if I knew how.
    07-07-17 11:34 PM
    Someone post the workaround using 3M tape in another thread, good luck
    knibbeone likes this.
    07-07-17 11:38 PM
    I can't live without it. I can't. I won't. I LOVE this phone. I'll wrap a Rubber band around it. I don't want to return it as they don't have any in stock at Amazon. I'd pictures if I knew how.
    Attached Thumbnails My screen fell out-14994885916681360377291.jpg   My screen fell out-img_20170707_233056.jpg   My screen fell out-img_20170707_233049.jpg  
    WT44 likes this.
    07-07-17 11:43 PM
    Gonna go find the thread, ty
    07-07-17 11:44 PM
    My screen fell out of my new Keyone, haven't had it 2 weeks. I don't see adhesive, I don't see glue spots. I have no idea what was holding it in. Not sure if I should find an adhesive or what. Amazon says I have until the end of the month to return it. I'm in Texas where it's hot and muggy, shouldn't cause a screen to come off. It's in the case. I love the phone, haven't even started to learn it. As they are out of stock, I don't wanna be without the phone. I will never live this down, I have bragged and bragged to everyone, now this.....
    Hi what's the temperature (Degrees Celsius) like where you live?

The screen lifts seem to be related to heated temperatures, just curious what the threshold roughly is?
    07-08-17 12:47 AM
    96° over 80% humidity earlier today when it came apart. I am in Central TX.
    07-08-17 12:57 AM
    96° over 80% humidity earlier today when it came apart. I am in Central TX.
    Wow that's really hot. Was the phone in direct sunlight for this to happen or was it sheltered and it still came off?
    07-08-17 01:02 AM
    In it's case in my shirt pocket. I wasn't outside more than an hour at a time.
    07-08-17 01:04 AM
    Gonna go find the thread, ty
    Contact TCL/BBMobile. It sounds as if they are now cross-shipping a new unit before you return the broken one. They will require a credit card hold, as it were, to guarantee you ship the broken unit back. At least, there's one or two comments that is how they are now dealing with the problem.

Good luck and sorry to hear.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-08-17 01:07 AM
    Hi what's the temperature (Degrees Celsius) like where you live?

The screen lifts seem to be related to heated temperatures, just curious what the threshold roughly is?
    I don't think it's related. I had mine down in Acapulco - very warm and extremely humid. I've also left it in direct sunlight for hours. No screen lift whatsoever.
    07-08-17 01:09 AM
    i've put you in the list. Hope you got a replacement unit soon!

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12949448
    ce71 likes this.
    07-08-17 01:12 AM
    I don't think it's related. I had mine down in Acapulco - very warm and extremely humid. I've also left it in direct sunlight for hours. No screen lift whatsoever.
    I really don't know, I've just seen so many people report it's also really hot where they live when it happened. It's worth considering it to be a possibility
    07-08-17 01:48 AM
    i've put you in the list. Hope you got a replacement unit soon!

https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post12949448
    Hey man, do you have a rough estimate number on how many people on the forums claimed their screen fell out?

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 01:49 AM
    Hey man, do you have a rough estimate number on how many people on the forums claimed their screen fell out?

Posted via CB10
    There are plus minus 72 reported cases in the list, that I noticed so far..

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 03:57 AM
    There are plus minus 72 reported cases in the list, that I noticed so far..

Posted via CB10
    Okay thanks. So those are 72 on the forums.. let just throw random numbers around. Let's assume 300 total buyers have experienced this horrendous tragedy. Let's assume roughly 3,000 units have been sold. Well 300 is but 10% of total units.. I'm not too worried.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-17 04:01 AM
    Okay thanks. So those are 72 on the forums.. let just throw random numbers around. Let's assume 300 total buyers have experienced this horrendous tragedy. Let's assume roughly 3,000 units have been sold. Well 300 is but 10% of total units.. I'm not too worried.

Posted via CB10
    umm i believe in a manufacturing process, 10% is considered bad in six sigma lol...
    07-08-17 06:16 AM
    umm i believe in a manufacturing process, 10% is considered bad in six sigma lol...
    I agree. In the manufacture process Six Sigma states 10% is bad, yes.

But I'm not a manufacturer, I'm a consumer of what they produce, and statistically I'm not worried. I'm assuming the ratio is even larger of defective units/flawless units.
    07-08-17 06:41 AM
    I have to imagine there are more than 3k units out there. They could have assembled that many by hand! I wish we knew the extent of the problem but given that TCL Comm is not a public company we will probably never know.
    Barbareren likes this.
    07-08-17 07:37 AM
    That is a horrible design. What did BlackBerry think was going to keep the screen in ?
    07-08-17 07:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    10% is an AWFUL ratio, my guess is it's even higher than that. Samsung issued a full recall when they had a 6% failure rate on the Note 7. An OEM needs to do this to support their product.

I am not even touching this product now with a ten foot pole until it's resolved, and by the sound of it, TCL and Blackberry Mobile are glad to sell you defective hardware and keep replacing it, rather than just admit a problem/defect and fix it.

A sad, sad state of affairs here, if these devices would have been made in-house by Blackberry this would never have happened.
    07-08-17 07:47 AM
    Anybody tried a few drops of epoxy or Gorilla Glue or something similar to hold the screen?
    07-08-17 10:47 AM
    I really don't know, I've just seen so many people report it's also really hot where they live when it happened. It's worth considering it to be a possibility
    Who really knows. Both of my original US launch KEYones from Amazon are holding up like Champs. I can't imagine anyone else living in a place hotter than where I am. (Arizona)
    07-08-17 11:30 AM
    I going to indonesia and it warm there in jakarta and afraid my screen will get loose. I go to one big party with lots of business people and if my BlackBerry falls apart it will be bad. Some of these people also know famous people or being on school with Obama. O dear and I all so have a wedding party in Singapore a week later.

Still my device is still without any case or protection and I have it in my front pocket when I walk, Bicking or sitting and still no problems. So too me it seems no problem , but reading that heat could pop out the screen worries me. Maybe take a spare device with me . I allready told so many people the device is great . Still the Passport rocks with BOS10 ,where the KEYone is rolling with android os
    07-08-17 11:59 AM
40 12