I got the K1 last Thursday (15.06.17), it's BBB100-2, build date 25.05.17 and I use it in EU.
    No issues with the screen yet and I don't care if I will have any issues as I have warranty so that's it with the screen lifting business.
    Overall the phone is above the Priv in every possible way, from build quality to how the OS is out of the box compared to how the OS was out of the box on Priv.
    So far lag and no random restarts or any other funny software business, all in all a good experience but keep in mind that I got the phone with no expectations, if it works and I like it + it suites my needs I will keep it, otherwise I will return it, well after the first hour I was convinced I would definitely keep it and after the first day (especially after I stared to use the shortcuts) I didn't want to go back to Priv, no way thank you.
    Everything the Priv has that are good or great or excellent (if there even are things you can consider at that level), are surpassed by the worst things the K1 has, from my point of view the K1 literately cleans the floor with the Priv.

I dislike a few changes that N came with compared to M but that is personal although I already got used to them and I find them more logical the way they are in N.
    The battery for my usage pattern is phenomenal (5h40m of SOT with 3 days and 15h or standby).
    Wifi link speed on 2.4 and 5 Ghz is way way lower than the Priv.
    So far no issues with the GSM signal and DATA.
    Call quality has been good on both ends so far and I like the screen much better than the Priv.
    Audio quality when listing to music seems to be the same as on the Priv and I listened with the same earphones and the same kind of music.
    Keyboard way way better than the Priv but not as rugged as on the Classic.

One very, very, very important thing I noticed is that after a certain period of time (don't know the exact time, apps from recent close by themselves or are closed by the OS). I don't know if this came with N or with the June update, after I got the phone I updated to June and only after that I noticed this behavior.
    If this is not embedded in N (and I don't think it is) that I can only assume that the June update also pushed a sort of quick fix for the memory issues ppl complained about, for example after using the phone the entire day and having apps run in the background and opened in recents section , in the morning I noticed that recents sections had apps opened only after I woke up and used the phone to see an email or stop the alarm, all the apps opened the day before have been closed. I really hope this is a quick fix until they properly resolve the problem.

I can say with a pretty high certainty that some issues that have been posted on the forum, are due to incorrect setup or to little knowledge and understanding of particular settings or changes.
    I do believe that there are software issues with some units that keep restarting or failing to update but those are pretty straight forward.

Tips:

1. I made a clean setup on the phone, no backups used, no google ****, no nothing and I had no issues what so ever so if any current of future users of the K1 have problems, you might consider going the old fashion way instead of transferring all data from one phone to another or using the backup (it takes a bit longer and it's not as convenient but it gets the job done the right way). This is what I always do when I get a new phone.

2. Unlock developer options and search for a setting called "Smallest width", by default it's set to 485 but I set mine to 530, what this does it make the entire content of the screen smaller, so for the ones that have hack eyes this will be a welcome change. Keep in mind that when you change this it will affect the text and button position in certain apps (for example if this is set to high, live 560 or 600 the text for all the options from the call screen, like dial-pad, mute, add call or speaker and hold will be cut off). Experiment with this and see what is the best setup for you and btw this lowers the text in all apps and it's much lower than the small option from the regular settings, also you can add 6 icons above the navigation bar instead of the default 4. I noticed that if this setting is to high there will be a considerable delay when opening the app drawer and if the setting is lower the delay disappears.
    If the drawer apps icon is not centered after you changed the width, restart the phone.

3. Turn off window and transition animation scale but keep animation duration scale to the minimum setting of .5x, if you turn this particular setting off then your charge only and boost mode animation will not appear and if you are connected to a PC, you will not be able to set transfer mode as when you tap on the charging system UI icon from the notification area, the charge only + boost mode and file transfer option will not appear.

UPDATE:

1. Open youtube
    2. Tap on the recent icon (the square)
    3. Tap on youtube and keep the finger on the screen until the app highlights and you get the "Drag here to use split screen" message at the top of the screen
    4. Drag youtube there
    5. Open any other app you wish in the other part of the screen, basically in split screen mode
    6. Enjoy multitasking (on a smaller part of the screen)
    7. You can make any window from the split screen smaller bi dragging the middle part
    8. Bonus tip, this also works completely in the background, meaning you can hit the home button (circle) and youtube will not stop
    9. In this mode youtube stops only when the screen is turned OFF

Spread the word, I'm sure other ppl want to use this + I'm pretty sure that a lot of ppl already know about this.

If you have any questions about the tips or anything mentioned in the post fell free to ask.
    Last edited by Scovik; 06-28-17 at 01:46 AM.
    xsmogx, rx8er, gqmovement and 4 others like this.
    06-23-17 05:17 AM
    Nice straight forward review and thanks for posting.
    06-23-17 05:35 AM
    I forgot to add that the productivity tab is a sad sad joke and absolutely useless. If you have setup a fingerprint you can't use it while the screen is locked witch makes sense. While the phone is unlocked there is no point to use it as it offers nothing what the regular apps don't already offer.
    sag7392 and Diana Melamet like this.
    06-23-17 09:52 AM
    I forgot to add that the productivity tab is a sad sad joke and absolutely useless. If you have setup a fingerprint you can't use it while the screen is locked witch makes sense. While the phone is unlocked there is no point to use it as it offers nothing what the regular apps don't already offer.
    I kind of agree. I think maybe if you use the calendar a lot to set tasks throughout the day it could come in handy, but I don't, so mine was always empty, it was always telling me to go on an adventure, lol. So I just turned mine off...
    06-23-17 10:13 AM
    I kind of agree. I think maybe if you use the calendar a lot to set tasks throughout the day it could come in handy, but I don't, so mine was always empty, it was always telling me to go on an adventure, lol. So I just turned mine off...
    Well, I'm in the same boat, I never used that tab on the Priv and I disabled it from day 2 and will never use it on the K1 as it is right now. I do see it useful for ppl that actually have calendar appointments. like you said, but I'm not one of them, so better not use it at all.
    06-23-17 04:46 PM
    Followed your tip on changing the smallest width setting. Anyway of moving the app drawer button on the blackberry launcher? With the smallest width set to 530, its the 3rd icon from left in a row of 7 therefore being off Center which bugs me.
    06-25-17 02:36 PM
    Followed your tip on changing the smallest width setting. Anyway of moving the app drawer button on the blackberry launcher? With the smallest width set to 530, its the 3rd icon from left in a row of 7 therefore being off Center which bugs me.
    Just restart the phone and it will center it'self, it won't bug you anymore.
    06-26-17 12:20 PM
    Apps are closing after a certain period of time because the memory is full on the phone and it has no choice but to do so.
    06-26-17 12:26 PM
    Just restart the phone and it will center it'self, it won't bug you anymore.
    Thanks, simple enough. Feel stupid now for not trying that first!
    06-26-17 04:49 PM
    I added another tip with multitasking and youtube.
    06-28-17 01:47 AM
    I added another tip with multitasking and youtube.
    Nice tip about YouTube. Thanks for that. Always like to learn new tricks.
    06-28-17 01:53 AM
    yup, the app closure is android "feature" where it always kills unused apps after some time in order to save memory.
    06-28-17 06:25 AM