Hi does anyone experience this. My keyone smells like burnt plastic while charging especially when the top left back of the phone gets hot.
    09-06-17 12:20 AM
    I don't generally smell my phone while it's charging but no, I can say that has never happened here. Are you using the supplied cable? Does the device get hot or does it only remain warm?
    09-06-17 12:31 AM
    Granted my KeyOne gets hotter in boost mode (quick), but I haven't smelled anything burning. Do you have a case on it?

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 12:34 AM
    Granted my KeyOne gets hotter in boost mode (quick), but I haven't smelled anything burning. Do you have a case on it?

Posted via CB10
    No case at all 😬😬😬😬 I like my keyone nude. Keyone looks good when its naked
    09-06-17 12:36 AM
    I don't generally smell my phone while it's charging but no, I can say that has never happened here. Are you using the supplied cable? Does the device get hot or does it only remain warm?
    Im using the charger and cable from the keyone box. My keyone gets really hot especially when im using boost mode. I cant stand the smell. I'm afraid it might explode or what haha just like the note!
    09-06-17 12:36 AM
    Im using the charger and cable from the keyone box. My keyone gets really hot especially when im using boost mode. I cant stand the smell. I'm afraid it might explode or what haha just like the note!
    Well, if that's a genuine concern you have you might want to seek a replacement device. At this point, no one here can reall assess it, so better to look into an exchange if you feel something is amiss.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-17 12:39 AM
    No case at all 😬😬😬😬 I like my keyone nude. Keyone looks good when its naked
    Yes, it does look beautiful naked. I am simply too OCD to do so. I have a minimal clear case right now, but if there was an OtterBox like case, I'd be on it like white on rice! I do have the dual case, too, but have been reluctant to be switching back and forth considering the reported screen issues (mine is a launch day device). I have a nightmare at least once a week where my screen becomes detached (hope I don't jinx myself speaking of it).

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 12:40 AM
    Yes, it does look beautiful naked. I am simply too OCD to do so. I have a minimal clear case right now, but if there was an OtterBox like case, I'd be on it like white on rice! I do have the dual case, too, but have been reluctant to be switching back and forth considering the reported screen issues (mine is a launch day device). I have a nightmare at least once a week where my screen becomes detached (hope I don't jinx myself speaking of it).

Posted via CB10
    Uh oh is there a way we can check whether its a first batch or nah?

I bought mine 2 days ago from bestbuy
    09-06-17 12:42 AM
    There is a way, but it will trigger (according to most reports) the DTEK app to report there is a change in the OS and give it a 'poor' rating. Depends on what is important to you. I would like to think, considering your purchase is only two days out, that you'd be in the clear.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-17 12:46 AM
    I must add, if I had never read the possible negatives about this device, that it was the best BlackBerry I've had since the 9700.

There were some that drooled over the beauty of my Priv, but never so many have acknowledged the awesomeness of my keyboard since '08.

A friend of mine lost it when she saw mine. Said she had heard about, but bought a new Android device out of necessity 6 months ago, but is keeping an eye on feedback and prices. The photos simply do not do the device justice and she loves and misses her keyboard.

My 12 year old son wants one because he is frustrated by typing on a slab. As much as I love him, I have a hard time justifying the price. He has said he will be okay with a Priv, but to be fair to my two sons, it must be less than $200. Also, there is no case that is as protective as the one he has on his Motorola. To their credit, both my children have managed to sport functioning, uncracked smartphones longer than my coworkers! What does that say?

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-17 12:54 AM
    Yikers burnt plastic smell= warranty advance exchange!!!
    09-06-17 05:12 AM
    You might want to try another charger just in case yours is bad. Any usb-c charger should work although charging might be slower.
    09-06-17 12:41 PM