Hey, all. Just a quick update:

My beloved BlackBerry KEYone is having a direct boost to my personal bottom line, such that I'll likely be able to pay for the phone with the extra money I'm earning this month with a freelance gig on the side I recently stumbled upon.

So I got my BBK1 at the end of July, and with the enhanced productivity I have, thanks in large part to that fabulous physical keyboard, and to a lesser extent, the ability to jump between apps and copy and paste, I'm able to write up at least one story every day for a blog I'm being paid to supply content for.

So by the end of the month, at my current pace, I will have earned enough to reimburse myself for the expense of my new phone. How awesome is that?!?!

Now, I love this phone so much even without the capability to drum up some extra cash money on the side. But to be able to use this device AND earn money to boot??? Dang! I'm down! (I might have to purchase a second one, just for backup. -- wink)

Thank you, BlackBerry and TCL!
    09-15-17 09:23 AM
    Glad you feel more productive with it!
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    09-15-17 09:34 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I have been measuring my mobile productivity in dollar terms since starting my own consulting firm in 2009. In my case, it's more complicated because I can't assign a specific dollar value to each individual task I complete on my phone.

What I do, however, is categorize my tasks by business function (advertising, sales, delivery, etc.). Then I can average the revenue produced by each category and divide by number of tasks completed and the time expended. In use these metrics to set my working hours and what % on the time I can spend on different activities.

Back in 2015 I think, I spent 8 weeks using an Android Lollipop device as a daily driver, and I estimated that the loss in productivity over my Z10 was going to cost me several thousand dollars a year.

This was primarily due to the lack of Hub functionality, which prevented me from responding to sales opportunities and customer requests with the same consistent speed as I could with BB10. (For example, based on my experience, a response to a sales inquiry within 5 minutes is 20% more valuable, in terms of average revenue produced, than a response that takes between 5 and 30 minutes.)

I'm about to switch over to the KEYone as my daily driver, sometime next week, and I'm very hopeful that my productivity will be the same or better than with my Z10 , but the numbers will tell the story.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    09-15-17 10:02 AM
    awesome love to hear real life use experiences!!!! thanks!
    Vaughn Mises likes this.
    09-15-17 10:19 AM
    Thanks for sharing. I have been measuring my mobile productivity in dollar terms since starting my own consulting firm in 2009. In my case, it's more complicated because I can't assign a specific dollar value to each individual task I complete on my phone.

What I do, however, is categorize my tasks by business function (advertising, sales, delivery, etc.). Then I can average the revenue produced by each category and divide by number of tasks completed and the time expended. In use these metrics to set my working hours and what % on the time I can spend on different activities.

Back in 2015 I think, I spent 8 weeks using an Android Lollipop device as a daily driver, and I estimated that the loss in productivity over my Z10 was going to cost me several thousand dollars a year.

This was primarily due to the lack of Hub functionality, which prevented me from responding to sales opportunities and customer requests with the same consistent speed as I could with BB10. (For example, based on my experience, a response to a sales inquiry within 5 minutes is 20% more valuable, in terms of average revenue produced, than a response that takes between 5 and 30 minutes.)

I'm about to switch over to the KEYone as my daily driver, sometime next week, and I'm very hopeful that my productivity will be the same or better than with my Z10 , but the numbers will tell the story.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    That's great that you do that detailed an analysis. Obviously, makes a lots of sense (and cents!).
    09-15-17 10:35 AM