Question:

Is my KeyOne keyboard faulty - ie. Should I replace it? Or is the capacitive sensitivity just not that good?

++++++
    Context:
    Just switched from the Passport to the KeyOne and I'm noticing that it isn't very responsive. I often have to swipe on the keyboard multiple times before it performs any gestures.

Erasing, flicking words and scrolling all suck. Is this how the phone normally is? Or is my phone faulty?
    11-16-17 03:05 PM
    I used to have a passport and the keyboards capacitive response was very good. the KeyOne doesnt appear to be very good
    11-16-17 08:46 PM
    if yours is working well. and mine isn't, does that mean I should replace?
    11-16-17 08:46 PM
    is my phone faulty?
    11-16-17 08:47 PM
    is my phone faulty?
    No it just sucks.
    11-16-17 08:48 PM
    Is this a known issue?! If so, why haven't I heard about this before.

You'd think people would've been trashing this phone's keyboard if one of the main features is garbage!

If it has been discussed at length, plz post a link to past forum threads.
    11-16-17 08:51 PM
    How long have you had the KEYᵒⁿᵉ? As with any PKB there is a learning curve as to sensitivity. Biggest issue I encountered was when swiping up words from the middle of the keyboard I would swipe up against the capacitive home button. Just took a bit of time and practise to solve that issue.
    11-16-17 09:05 PM
    No it just sucks.
    I can't understand how you continually get away with such Colossus of Intellect comments. Thanks for the help once again. IMHO
    11-16-17 09:07 PM
    I can't understand how you continually get away with such Colossus of Intellect comments. Thanks for the help once again. IMHO
    He's the most jaded butt hurt person in the forums. Just ignore him.
    11-16-17 09:11 PM
    Is this a known issue?! If so, why haven't I heard about this before.

You'd think people would've been trashing this phone's keyboard if one of the main features is garbage!

If it has been discussed at length, plz post a link to past forum threads.
    It does not sound right.

Have you checked for updates for the Keyboard app in the Play Store?

Have you rebooted? How the PowerOn button for 32 seconds ignoring any visual clues or vibrations.
    11-16-17 09:34 PM
    He's the most jaded butt hurt person in the forums. Just ignore him.
    I take offense to that. My butt does not hurt at all.

The keyone is just bad. And I don't like apologists.
    11-16-17 11:29 PM
    Brevity is the height of wit.
    11-16-17 11:30 PM
    I take offense to that. My butt does not hurt at all.

The keyone is just bad. And I don't like apologists.
    Find me a post where I am an apologist. I am as critical as the next guy. You are just an angry jaded person. You don't like it, great. You don't need to be in every thread crying about it.
    11-16-17 11:32 PM
    Question:

Is my KeyOne keyboard faulty - ie. Should I replace it? Or is the capacitive sensitivity just not that good?

++++++
    Context:
    Just switched from the Passport to the KeyOne and I'm noticing that it isn't very responsive. I often have to swipe on the keyboard multiple times before it performs any gestures.

Erasing, flicking words and scrolling all suck. Is this how the phone normally is? Or is my phone faulty?
    In my experience, it takes a while to get used to the response time. My KEYone is fine - sensitivity is where I'd expect it to be given the Android ecosystem. My Passport was (to my memory at least) a bit more responsive, but I have adapted to the Android KEYone experience and love it. As with all new devices, change may be expected.

Edit: And as far as I'm concerned, keyboard shortcuts are way faster than they used to be on my Priv.

I would suggest a restart/reboot or OS reload if you're having issues. Plus I noticed a Keyboard update yesterday in Google Play.
    Last edited by Sarek1701; 11-17-17 at 01:09 AM.
    11-17-17 12:57 AM
    the keyboard is a lot different than the one off the Passport and you really have to get used to it - I had a three days learning / adoption cycle and the i felt good with it - but then I went back to Passport for about a day and coming back puts me again into the adopting cycle - that's my experience!

what are you guys talking about exactly with the 32 seconds hold on/off button reboot - what does that do?
    11-17-17 05:51 AM
    Question:

Question 1: No & No.
    Question 2: Yes.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...olling-1130106
    Only scrolling in landscape mode gives a smooth experience. Pray for a keyboard software update.
    what are you guys talking about exactly with the 32 seconds hold on/off button reboot - what does that do?
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13073941
    11-17-17 08:59 AM
    No it just sucks.
    john is a AH maybe you just suck how about that
    11-17-17 08:19 PM
    Ditto the question. And do you start to hold the button for 32 seconds with the phone on or off?
    11-18-17 08:49 AM
    Ditto the question. And do you start to hold the button for 32 seconds with the phone on or off?
    I think you'd do it with the phone ON. Supposedly it acts like a battery pull - really restarting the phone completely but it does not wipe out any data.
    11-18-17 11:37 AM