I was given a brand new KEYONE on 08/09/18 in exchange for another KEYONE which I had purchased on 21/03/18 and had taken in for repair (under warranty). On or about 09/07/20 my current KEYONE showed absolutely no sign of life when I tried to turn it on in the morning...even though it had been working perfectly until I turned it off the previous night. Sent it to a repair shop in Kent. Have been informed that "your device was found to be Non-repairable because it needs to have the Printed Circuit Board replaced, operation which would cost more than the value of the device". The original KEYONE warranty is now expired and although the second one is still under warranty the repair shop are not prepared to fix it. If I were to spend £14 to get it back and then try to get it repaired elsewhere (and at approximately what cost if it can be repaired) or how much is it worth if sold for spares only? Your soonest responses will be much appreciated.
    08-05-20 07:17 AM
    I was given a brand new KEYONE on 08/09/18 in exchange for another KEYONE which I had purchased on 21/03/18 and had taken in for repair (under warranty). On or about 09/07/20 my current KEYONE showed absolutely no sign of life when I tried to turn it on in the morning...even though it had been working perfectly until I turned it off the previous night. Sent it to a repair shop in Kent. Have been informed that "your device was found to be Non-repairable because it needs to have the Printed Circuit Board replaced, operation which would cost more than the value of the device". The original KEYONE warranty is now expired and although the second one is still under warranty the repair shop are not prepared to fix it. If I were to spend £14 to get it back and then try to get it repaired elsewhere (and at approximately what cost if it can be repaired) or how much is it worth if sold for spares only? Your soonest responses will be much appreciated.
    Not sure how much I'd continue to invest in a 3 year old phone that hasn't seen a security patch in over a year.
    Troy Tiscareno and mf1982 like this.
    08-05-20 08:31 AM
    I see a lot of listings on eBay for KEYone's for "parts" due to a bad board.... $150. But a listing doesn't mean it's selling for that much. I also see some for $25 - $40. One has a bad digitize and they only want $15.

Being that we don't know what board is out it's hard to say what the cost would be. If the main board, you can't really buy those... other than as parts from salvaged phones.

If you find can find a phone for parts that the only issue is the screen and they'll let it go for $50 and then you change out the parts yourself... it might be worth it. You have to pay someone??? Shops here charge about $75 an hour so I'd figure a $75 - $100 labor bill.

Worth it, is something you'd have to decide.
    08-05-20 08:39 AM
    Not sure how much I'd continue to invest in a 3 year old phone that hasn't seen a security patch in over a year.
    To add to that, new spare parts are essentially non-existent, and TCL is only days away from ending repair support entirely. So, your options are: overpay a lot assuming you can still find a new-in-box old-stock phone to replace it, buy a used one for somewhat less money, try to buy a used damaged phone and hope the main board is still working, or, probably most sensibly, move on and buy a new-model phone from another manufacturer - something that's going to be supported far into the future, rather than a device whose support has already ended.
    08-07-20 07:06 PM
    If your Keyone is still under warranty and if the repair shop is an authorized TCL repair facility, then they aren't honoring the warranty. Since the repair costs more than the value of the device, shouldn't you receive a replacement? Ultimately the onus is on the manufacturer to honor the warranty.You could always take it to another repair shop for another opinion. It problem might not be the circuit board. it could be that the repair shop doesn't want to fix a 3rd year old phone that's been sadly discontinued.
    08-08-20 07:19 PM
    That’s probably because it’s no longer under warranty....
    08-11-20 06:55 AM
    Thank you for your response. This matter is currently still on-going. It is in the hands of those who I was referred to send it to and am expecting a further response this afternoon as there has been a mix-up with regard to the IMEI number...so there is still hope for me!
    08-11-20 07:45 AM
    Thanks everyone.....the matter is now sorted! My KEYONE is being repaired and will be returned to me fixed!! I am really happy about that as BLACKBERRY is the only mobile I use because of it's physical keyboard. This matter is now considered CLOSED!!
    08-11-20 10:54 AM
    Thanks everyone.....the matter is now sorted! My KEYONE is being repaired and will be returned to me fixed!! I am really happy about that as BLACKBERRY is the only mobile I use because of it's physical keyboard. This matter is now considered CLOSED!!
    That's great.... enjoy it.
    08-11-20 02:10 PM
    Well congrats are in order!!!!!
    08-11-20 02:12 PM