Admit it! None of us like to be attached to the electrical umbilical cord of data thrusting apps that a lot of Apps and Google come with on the Android powered BB devices, often with laborious fine print privacy policies and nimble accepting of data the hoards.

When I started with the KeyOne I was getting about a day of battery life per full charge.

This changed when I killed a lot of the background processes and data leakages from Google Maps, Google Assistant and all the social media hoards with Facebook apps being the worst.

However by ridding of these hoards, none of us want to limit our abilities to communicate through those apps.

So I replaced Google Maps with CoPilot for driving (downloads all map data so can use with just GPS only) and for walking and transit I use: City Mapper.

I also use Lite Messenger for Facebook (NOT Facebook Lite etc) and can do all messaging and facebook under one app that purports to take up 4mb of space and not use more than 100mb of memory; as well as never does any data business that is not your own business.

With this critical modification and other tweaks I am now able to achieve a full 3 24hr days of use of the KeyOne without ever charging it.

While still unable to achieve the battery of the old classic OS BB phones, I can say I am slightly happier not having to be at the the outlet as much as I need to use the "water closet" every day.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    01-05-19 01:03 PM
    Jason,

Best post I have seen this week! Very helpful and positive! I am going to try to incorporate some of what you said.

In the meantime, I actually get 2 days...almost 3 with the uninstalling of apps I never use and preventing the start up of several apps that I use from time to time. My biggest help was the Power Center app which made it possible to track energy hog apps and getting them under control.
    01-05-19 02:55 PM
    BlackBerry Power Center does not address background data processes. While I never load Google Maps, it does stuff in the background that I did not ask and consumes a lot of data and power. A lot of apps have a mind of their own and do stuff at the discretion of the developer's agreement to data collections.
    01-05-19 03:20 PM
    Admit it! None of us like to be attached to the electrical umbilical cord of data thrusting apps that a lot of Apps and Google come with on the Android powered BB devices, often with laborious fine print privacy policies and nimble accepting of data the hoards.

When I started with the KeyOne I was getting about a day of battery life per full charge.

This changed when I killed a lot of the background processes and data leakages from Google Maps, Google Assistant and all the social media hoards with Facebook apps being the worst.

However by ridding of these hoards, none of us want to limit our abilities to communicate through those apps.

So I replaced Google Maps with CoPilot for driving (downloads all map data so can use with just GPS only) and for walking and transit I use: City Mapper.

I also use Lite Messenger for Facebook (NOT Facebook Lite etc) and can do all messaging and facebook under one app that purports to take up 4mb of space and not use more than 100mb of memory; as well as never does any data business that is not your own business.

With this critical modification and other tweaks I am now able to achieve a full 3 24hr days of use of the KeyOne without ever charging it.

While still unable to achieve the battery of the old classic OS BB phones, I can say I am slightly happier not having to be at the the outlet as much as I need to use the "water closet" every day.
    Lite Messenger from which developer? The are about 8 of them. :-)

City Mapper requires Google Maps data, at least. I suspect this is an overlay to Google Maps itself
    Last edited by nevilleadaniels; 01-05-19 at 03:57 PM.
    01-05-19 03:33 PM
    on a full charge 2 days over the week-end 3 days for sure. usually charge when shaving & showering in the morning. So I don't always get a full charge.
    01-05-19 03:53 PM
    Lite Messenger by Magic Cooker!

Sorry, forgot that so many go by that name.
    01-05-19 03:55 PM
    Hi, I dissabled most of google I don't use, I use maps sometimes, no social apps (uninstalled), edge as web browser. I listen to tidal 1-3h daily, a lot of sms/email/signal, only a few minutes of phone calls.

I get 2 days without bettery saving with almost no gsm signal at work (no wifi connected at work)
    01-05-19 04:07 PM