Time to get a KEYone then one built after 10th of July, or even better, LE Black Edition. Then you can safely go through a heavy usage day without worrying about battery. Mine does 2 days with light/medium use (no heavy gaming, little youtube) with power saving mode and having done most battery tips.
    Had an S7 exynos before and not looking back. Only thing I miss about it is the water resistance. That's it.
    I'm a Phablet guy, I had a S7 Edge to, thoroughly enjoyed it but having come from a Note 4 all I wanted was my SPen and large screen back.

I plug my phone's in at night when I go to bed, so I am fine to charge daily.

Now if a phone can't get through the day without needing a top up then I have a huge problem with it.

I am intrigued by the K1, having owned a Q10 along a Galaxy S4, but I know myself, if I got the K1 along my Note8, I'd use the K1 for a week then run back to my Note8.
    09-30-17 05:39 PM
    There is nothing retro about KEYone. This is like saying PC is retro because it has and iPad does not.
    No-one is suggesting it is a true retro device. It does have a dated look about it though.
    09-30-17 05:46 PM
    I'm a Phablet guy, I had a S7 Edge to, thoroughly enjoyed it but having come from a Note 4 all I wanted was my SPen and large screen back.

Now if a phone can't get through the day without needing a top up then I have a huge problem with it.

I am intrigued by the K1, having owned a Q10 along a Galaxy S4, but I know myself, if I got the K1 along my Note8, I'd use the K1 for a week then run back to my Note8.
    If the Note 8 with it's 3300 mAh battery can get you through a busy day, then yeah no need for the K1. But it would still make an awesome backup/secondary/SHTF/Emergency device. I'm probably myself gonna panic buy at least a few more K1's in the next year or so as future of PKB is undetermined.

Note 4 seems like a nice phone to have on the side as well. S Pen + removable large capacity battery. Does it have Nougat or Marshmallow?
    09-30-17 05:47 PM
    If the Note 8 with it's 3300 mAh battery can get you through a busy day, then yeah no need for the K1. But it would still make an awesome backup/secondary/SHTF/Emergency device. I'm probably myself gonna panic buy at least a few more K1's in the next year or so as future of PKB is undetermined.

Note 4 seems like a nice phone to have on the side as well. S Pen + removable large capacity battery. Does it have Nougat or Marshmallow?
    We still haven't received K1 here in South Africa, so even if I wanted to get it as a secondary device I can't, unless I buy it outright internationally, and that brings with it dealing with all kinds of inconveniences if anything goes wrong.

Note4 is on Marshmallow, but it's still receiving Security Updates. I may just load a Custom Android Oreo ROM on it or the S7 Edge, one of them is going to be my experimental device at some point. Think the Note 4 will be the experimental device as it is older and I already have a SPen phone that is my daily driver.
    09-30-17 05:53 PM
    We still haven't received K1 here in South Africa, so even if I wanted to get it as a secondary device I can't, unless I buy it outright internationally, and that brings with it dealing with all kinds of inconveniences if anything goes wrong.

Note4 is on Marshmallow, but it's still receiving Security Updates. I may just load a Custom Android Oreo ROM on it or the S7 Edge, one of them is going to be my experimental device at some point. Think the Note 4 will be the experimental device as it is older and I already have a SPen phone that is my daily driver.
    I had to take the risk with an international K1 (at least I should be covered for screen lift lol) cause I'm in France and hate the AZERTY keyboard that they have here but I see what you mean.
    09-30-17 05:58 PM
    I had to take the risk with an international K1 (at least I should be covered for screen lift lol) cause I'm in France and hate the AZERTY keyboard that they have here but I see what you mean.
    It would be easier for you. I am talking in terms of logistics. South Africa geographically is one of the worst located countries, we are far away from everything so if I have to ship out a phone or ship one in, it takes a long time and customs can be difficult. It's just no worth all the stress.

I've seen a whole lot of horror stories from people buying OnePlus and Pixel devices and shipping them down here.

Even the Google employees I deal with here use iPhones and Galaxys, lol.
    09-30-17 06:03 PM

I had a S2, then a Note 2, Passport, Note 4 and now a KeyOne. I loved the KB scrolling on my passport and love the battery life. My wife has an S7 and love her camera quality, but can't think of charging (when, where, how) all the time! I still have my Note 4 but don't miss the S-Pen. I have a Surface Pro and take meeting notes in it!
    bitek likes this.
    09-30-17 06:29 PM
    People freak out about the fingerprint reader and keyboard scrolling features - known rag Wired calls it mid-2000s tech but everyone I've shown it to reacts like I've brought some sort of future technology into the present.

These people are called minimalists, which in my opinion is just brutalism with better PR.
    So, 2050 or around there? (g)
    09-30-17 06:56 PM
    I had a S2, then a Note 2, Passport, Note 4 and now a KeyOne. I loved the KB scrolling on my passport and love the battery life. My wife has an S7 and love her camera quality, but can't think of charging (when, where, how) all the time! I still have my Note 4 but don't miss the S-Pen. I have a Surface Pro and take meeting notes in it!
    Surface Pro is amazing. I'm not such a fan of carrying tablet's around when my phone can do most of what I need while I am mobile.

I have an iPad Air 2, but I keep it mostly to stay in touch with iOS, I like going between the 2 OSs sometimes.
    09-30-17 08:06 PM
    Surface Pro is amazing. I'm not such a fan of carrying tablet's around when my phone can do most of what I need while I am mobile.

I have an iPad Air 2, but I keep it mostly to stay in touch with iOS, I like going between the 2 OSs sometimes.
    Quick question for you do you get many apps that you cannot remove on your Samsung. We have galaxy s3 and it is disturbing to see apps like clipboard that come preloaded and cannot be removed only disabled. Out of 16gb of "storage" only 5 is available because the rest is junk that cannot be removed. It is older phone so I am wondering if Samsung keeps doing same thing.

This is what really turns me off about Samsung is all that extra junk you get and it just eats storage and . That is why I like pure android. KEYone Does not come with garbage software pre-installed.
    10-01-17 12:53 PM
    Quick question for you do you get many apps that you cannot remove on your Samsung. We have galaxy s3 and it is disturbing to see apps like clipboard that come preloaded and cannot be removed only disabled. Out of 16gb of "storage" only 5 is available because the rest is junk that cannot be removed. It is older phone so I am wondering if Samsung keeps doing same thing.

This is what really turns me off about Samsung is all that extra junk you get and it just eats storage and . That is why I like pure android. KEYone Does not come with garbage software pre-installed.
    Yep, lots of Samsung apps preinstalled, they barely use any battery or storage. Phone came with around 51GB of storage available of 64GB.

Disabling them can actually make things bad.
    10-01-17 12:58 PM
    Yep, lots of Samsung apps preinstalled, they barely use any battery or storage. Phone came with around 51GB of storage available of 64GB.

Disabling them can actually make things bad.
    I am not talking about Samsung apps. I mean apps like Flipboard or TripAdvisor. It is so stupid of Samsung to preload these kind of apps on 16gb phone and disallow it to be removed. Only disabled. Stuff like that with turns me away big times.
    10-01-17 01:04 PM
    KEYone is awesome phone. People can say what they want about its performance but it is undeniably truth that once you pop that beauty it WILL get attention from people.

Just in the last two days people asked me what phone is this ?

So yesterday the guy was like what phone is this. So I told the guy blackberry with android.

Today another person asked me how I like KEYone because his friend got one and she likes it a lot. The guy was like other blackberry phones were not that good but this one seems like people like a lot.

I did show him some of the phone features. (I always start with 52 shortcuts lol).

I told him how wonderful typing on physical keyboard is. How you can use it to scroll we pages, delete words etc etc etc.

The guy was like I agree I do not type well on virtual keyboard and he pops out shiny Samsung galaxy s8. Lol.

He is like I live in downtown at Toronto and all these guys in financial districts are using blackberry.

Anyhow I just wanted to say this story because KEYone is one gorgeous looking phone.

I do not think phones like iPhone or Samsung creates same reaction. Because KEYone is one beautiful looking phone !
    Seen posts like this about every single blackberry device launched since the Z10...

I heard there is another full touch by TCL coming soon, is that going to be the best blackberry ever made too? Lol
    10-01-17 01:08 PM
    Seen posts like this about every single blackberry device launched since the Z10...

I heard there is another full touch by TCL coming soon, is that going to be the best blackberry ever made too? Lol
    The difference being that overall consensus is that keyone is best BlackBerry to date. Not just from BlackBerry users but from online reviewers. It is big difference
    10-01-17 01:11 PM
    I am not talking about Samsung apps. I mean apps like Flipboard or TripAdvisor. It is so stupid of Samsung to preload these kind of apps on 16gb phone and disallow it to be removed. Only disabled. Stuff like that with turns me away big times.
    No. The only preinstalled apps Samsung do these days are Microsoft apps, so the phone came with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive built-in.

They no longer put TripAdvisor, Flipboard etc... In the phone, they stay in the Galaxy App Store

Back when I had the Galaxy S3 I got the 32GB variant as that's what my network sold. It had around 26GB free memory.
    10-01-17 01:11 PM
    No. The only preinstalled apps Samsung do these days are Microsoft apps, so the phone came with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive built-in.

They no longer put TripAdvisor, Flipboard etc... In the phone, they stay in the Galaxy App Store

Back when I had the Galaxy S3 I got the 32GB variant as that's what my network sold. It had around 26GB free memory.
    As long as Microsoft apps can be removed ..
    10-01-17 01:13 PM
    As long as Microsoft apps can be removed ..
    Nope, only Disabled. Samsung and Microsoft have a deal, as these apps are optimised for Samsung DeX.
    10-01-17 01:14 PM
    The difference being that overall consensus is that keyone is best BlackBerry to date. Not just from BlackBerry users but from online reviewers. It is big difference
    I'm pretty sure this isn't considered the best blackberry to date, but perhaps in recent memory and that doesn't say much.

There seems to be inconsistent ram management and reception problems.
    10-01-17 01:16 PM
    I'm pretty sure this isn't considered the best blackberry to date, but perhaps in recent memory and that doesn't say much.

There seems to be inconsistent ram management and reception problems.
    This is first time I hear this. I do not have reception problems. Is the same as it was on PRIV. I am not sure what you mean by ram Management. I do not have apps crashing or anything like that.

It is considered the best android blackberry to date.

I like it a lot. I got priv, I did not buy DTEK 50 or 60 and KEYone is way better than priv.

I think blackberry could only outdo keyone by bring phone like passport with android. I never owned passport but I think it is great phone.
    10-01-17 01:20 PM
69 123