Wow! Well done dude! That must have been amazing.

I bet he ran down to the nearest electronics store and bought a K1. Waiting for his thread now about how he met a guy who showed him his 52 shortcuts in is BB

You gave him the CB URL, right?
    Funny because he had S8. Somehow he did not like it much. Otherwise he would not be asking about keyone. He actually started conversation not me.
    09-27-17 10:46 PM
    The KEYone is certainly a looker, that's for sure. I just hate that sometimes mine becomes unusable because it gets so bogged down. I have a thousand and one apps open on my iPhone 7 Plus as well as my Pixel XL, but I only run a few apps at a time on my BlackBerry and it's finicky as hell.
    09-27-17 11:01 PM
    I'm using a Passport as a daily driver right now. You'd be amazed at how many people freak out over it. They think it's a new phone and when I tell them it's 2 years old (or so) they're amazed.
    Same here with my Passport, over 2 years and still goes well, people get interested and ask too. Had to check a Keyone yesterday just to plan for the demise of WhatsApp for BB10. Spend a full hour getting familiar with android, looks full of customization options that will require some time to learn. The phone itself is gorgeous, found the keyboard as good as the BB Classic one. Here in Japan Blackberry phones are head turners, all the time.
    09-27-17 11:40 PM
    I think the decline started from the bold series, not long after iPhone came out. Blackberry were still releasing smaller phones and didn't market properly. They didn't counter what iPhone showed at conferences and the BlackBerry App store didn't compete with apple's.
    The first iPhone came out in 07, and it sucked. I used one as a transition phone and I would have been lucky to have 2 hours SOT. No camera at all, no apps yet, slow AF internet... just sucky for the price they were selling it at.

It wasn't until the iPhone 4S I think, that alot of people started dropping their berries for those slabs (4S had very mediocre battery life as well).

Had BB moved to Android instead of BB10, maybe history would have been written differently
    09-28-17 01:03 AM
    Folks often do a double take when they see my Keyone, and it's started a few conversations. People are always impressed, with the camera, the shortcuts ect.
    09-28-17 02:07 AM
    conformity, that's what matters most to them.
    Yeah, those conformists with their iPhones and Androids......... Oh no wait.....
    09-28-17 02:41 PM
    Someone called my Keyone phone the tech equivalent of putting a zebra head on a giraffe's body and then giving it duck feet. I think it looks sleek, but beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, especially a glass-slab lover.
    09-28-17 05:18 PM
    Someone called my Keyone phone the tech equivalent of putting a zebra head on a giraffe's body and then giving it duck feet. I think it looks sleek, but beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, especially a glass-slab lover.
    Wow, that person is errrmmm, strange.

The K1 is certainly a looker, in fact most mid to top end Androids this year look great, it's just some odd ones like what has leaked for the Pixels that may look a tad bit odd.

I think the HTC U11 or U Ultra may be the best looking with that Glossy Blue they come in.
    09-28-17 05:42 PM
    I don't know how the hell you managed to get that battery life...17% used up in 8 hours lol you must not touch the phone alot. Not hating but I kinda struggle to get through 2 full days with mine with battery saving mode on, and most tips applied.
    I get 7 days by using it for 15-30 minutes a day.
    09-28-17 06:11 PM
    I see, so in the battery stats, phone idle percentage is higher than screen
    09-29-17 12:52 AM
    I see, so in the battery stats, phone idle percentage is higher than screen
    Yep. 3 days from my last change and I have:
    -67% of battery left
    -Phone idle consumed 11%
    -Voice calls 6%
    -Screen 4%
    -Cell standby 3%
    09-29-17 06:01 AM
    Yep. 3 days from my last change and I have:
    -67% of battery left
    -Phone idle consumed 11%
    -Voice calls 6%
    -Screen 4%
    -Cell standby 3%
    If BB implemented the Ultra Power Saving Mode like on the Galaxies, (basically phone, sms, whatsapp, clock only) with your usage you would get like 2 weeks of use before charging lol
    09-29-17 06:05 AM
    Was this person high?
    09-29-17 09:19 AM
    No. Just a dopey, insecure 20-something who thought he was clever.
    09-29-17 11:21 AM
    The one thing i will say about the keyone is that it looks like a retro device. And im not talking about the keyboard, it just looks old in its styling.

Id like to see something a bit more modern looking. Even the passport looks more current
    09-30-17 06:22 AM
    The one thing i will say about the keyone is that it looks like a retro device. And im not talking about the keyboard, it just looks old in its styling.

Id like to see something a bit more modern looking. Even the passport looks more current
    It's the top of the phone that makes it look super outdated. If the top corners were rounded in a nice glossy black with the BB logo it would have looked alot better
    09-30-17 02:39 PM
    People freak out about the fingerprint reader and keyboard scrolling features - known rag Wired calls it mid-2000s tech but everyone I've shown it to reacts like I've brought some sort of future technology into the present.

These people are called minimalists, which in my opinion is just brutalism with better PR.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-30-17 03:54 PM
    I wish I was you. I am addicted to taking pics, WhatsApp, Social Media, reading news articles and listening to my music. My job also requires me to be on top of a lot of social media trends, my family used to make the joke that my phones go to sleep when I do.

No phone can make it past a full day with my heavy usage, not even a frugal little Sony Ericsson K850i, trust me, I tried
    09-30-17 04:18 PM

Hipsters love retro, I am actually surprised I not to have seen hipsters around the world snapping these K1s up, would go well with industrial design buildings, non-mainstream coffee shops, beareds and man-buns.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-30-17 04:23 PM
    I wish I was you. I am addicted to taking pics, WhatsApp, Social Media, reading news articles and listening to my music. My job also requires me to be on top of a lot of social media trends, my family used to make the joke that my phones go to sleep when I do.

No phone can make it past a full day with my heavy usage, not even a frugal little Sony Ericsson K850i, trust me, I tried
    haha interesting. Glad it serves you well.
    09-30-17 04:26 PM
    haha interesting. Glad it serves you well.
    I think at some point this month I'll try do that, use my phone for 15-30mins a day, and see how much more productive I can be on other things.

Would be an interesting experiment.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-30-17 04:29 PM
    Hipsters love retro, I am actually surprised I not to have seen hipsters around the world snapping these K1s up, would go well with industrial design buildings, non-mainstream coffee shops, beareds and man-buns.
    Tricky one. Bb might be niche nowadays but it used to be mainstream. Not sure how that fits in with their philosophy. Then again man buns were mainstream in medieval Japan so maybe it's about enough time passing. A possible fly in the ointment would be if they came to learn about Alicia keys stint as blackberry ceo.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-30-17 04:57 PM
    Tricky one. Bb might be niche nowadays but it used to be mainstream. Not sure how that fits in with their philosophy. Then again man buns were mainstream in medieval Japan so maybe it's about enough time passing. A possible fly in the ointment would be if they came to learn about Alicia keys stint as blackberry ceo.
    WRT Alicia Keys, she's now "woke" (or has that become too mainstream now? Urggh, can never keep up), and has a song with a video that challenges society and is all about that no make-up life now. Could play in BBs favour, but we are talking about hipsters.
    We will never understand them I guess, they are a strange bunch.
    09-30-17 05:17 PM
    Time to get a KEYone then one built after 10th of July, or even better, LE Black Edition. Then you can safely go through a heavy usage day without worrying about battery. Mine does 2 days with light/medium use (no heavy gaming, little youtube) with power saving mode and having done most battery tips.
    Had an S7 exynos before and not looking back. Only thing I miss about it is the water resistance. That's it.
    09-30-17 05:30 PM
    There is nothing retro about KEYone. This is like saying PC is retro because it has and iPad does not.
    09-30-17 05:35 PM
69 123