KEYone is awesome phone. People can say what they want about its performance but it is undeniably truth that once you pop that beauty it WILL get attention from people.

Just in the last two days people asked me what phone is this ?

So yesterday the guy was like what phone is this. So I told the guy blackberry with android.

Today another person asked me how I like KEYone because his friend got one and she likes it a lot. The guy was like other blackberry phones were not that good but this one seems like people like a lot.

I did show him some of the phone features. (I always start with 52 shortcuts lol).

I told him how wonderful typing on physical keyboard is. How you can use it to scroll we pages, delete words etc etc etc.

The guy was like I agree I do not type well on virtual keyboard and he pops out shiny Samsung galaxy s8. Lol.

He is like I live in downtown at Toronto and all these guys in financial districts are using blackberry.

Anyhow I just wanted to say this story because KEYone is one gorgeous looking phone.

I do not think phones like iPhone or Samsung creates same reaction. Because KEYone is one beautiful looking phone !
    duncan86 likes this.
    09-26-17 06:48 PM
    I work within a sea of iPhones. I've had the KEYone for two weeks now, and the reaction I get when people see my phone is, "How old is that phone?".
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-17 07:21 PM
    It just has gotten a few odd looks every now and then. People don't seem to really care, unless they have nostalgia for BlackBerry of yesteryear. regardless, it is a workhorse for sure.
    09-26-17 08:23 PM
    KEYone is awesome phone. People can say what they want about its performance but it is undeniably truth that once you pop that beauty it WILL get attention from people.

Just in the last two days people asked me what phone is this ?

So yesterday the guy was like what phone is this. So I told the guy blackberry with android.

Today another person asked me how I like KEYone because his friend got one and she likes it a lot. The guy was like other blackberry phones were not that good but this one seems like people like a lot.

I did show him some of the phone features. (I always start with 52 shortcuts lol).

I told him how wonderful typing on physical keyboard is. How you can use it to scroll we pages, delete words etc etc etc.

The guy was like I agree I do not type well on virtual keyboard and he pops out shiny Samsung galaxy s8. Lol.

He is like I live in downtown at Toronto and all these guys in financial districts are using blackberry.

Anyhow I just wanted to say this story because KEYone is one gorgeous looking phone.

I do not think phones like iPhone or Samsung creates same reaction. Because KEYone is one beautiful looking phone !
    I usually get a, "is that a BlackBerry?," or, "what phone is that?" Followed by me, "yes, but they run android now," or, "It's a BlackBerry, one of the newer ones that run android though". (Basically to dumb it down for some people, lol).

However, after that, people will just disregard what I say and be like, "lol, you still use a BlackBerry." So, moral of the story is I get more negative attention than positive with the KEYone. I do get the odd few that ask a few more questions than others. When they show interest, I educate them more.
    RoseBud68 and skinnymike1 like this.
    09-26-17 09:53 PM
    I usually get a, "is that a BlackBerry?," or, "what phone is that?" Followed by me, "yes, but they run android now," or, "It's a BlackBerry, one of the newer ones that run android though". (Basically to dumb it down for some people, lol).

However, after that, people will just disregard what I say and be like, "lol, you still use a BlackBerry." So, moral of the story is I get more negative attention than positive with the KEYone. I do get the odd few that ask a few more questions than others. When they show interest, I educate them more.
    Spot on right there. ^^^
    Used my phone to pay at the local supermart the other day (First time since using a Blackberry with NFC) when the folks behind me say "Hey what Phones is that". I was like (as i hold the phone up facing them while i use the key to scroll back and forth between screens) "you mean this phone, its only made for the few that love KEYs instead of glass"....
    09-26-17 10:25 PM
    So far I did not have any negative comments. Quiet opposite actually
    09-26-17 11:27 PM
    The slab form factor has taken over the smartphone world to such an extent that many people can't even fathom anything remotely different.
    Go BB
    Go KEYone
    FTW!!!
    bitek, FF22 and anon(1723145) like this.
    09-27-17 12:51 AM
    So today I was with a realtor friend and her dad. They are a father daughter team. I was showing my KEYᵒⁿᵉ to them and they thought their iPhones were pretty good stuff. I showed the scrolling and it got some positive comments. But other than that it was iPhone all the way. Then I drove somewhere with the daughter and on the way back, in the mid afternoon, I glanced at my battery usage. "8 hours off the charger and my battery is at 83%," I said. "Oh, .....(pause) ...my battery is probably at about 2%." she answered. "Yeah, I get good battery life," I said.
    It was not heavy usage day for me but not for her either. Usually the battery life really impresses people, because poor battery life is an underlying pain point that people have to deal with.
    Last edited by Sigewif; 09-27-17 at 01:28 AM.
    09-27-17 01:17 AM
    conformity, that's what matters most to them.
    09-27-17 01:32 AM
    It's the PKB. Like it or not, PKB"s are viewed as "old tech."
    skinnymike1 and anon(8679041) like this.
    09-27-17 02:57 AM
    So today I was with a realtor friend and her dad. They are a father daughter team. I was showing my KEYᵒⁿᵉ to them and they thought their iPhones were pretty good stuff. I showed the scrolling and it got some positive comments. But other than that it was iPhone all the way. Then I drove somewhere with the daughter and on the way back, in the mid afternoon, I glanced at my battery usage. "8 hours off the charger and my battery is at 83%," I said. "Oh, .....(pause) ...my battery is probably at about 2%." she answered. "Yeah, I get good battery life," I said.
    It was not heavy usage day for me but not for her either. Usually the battery life really impresses people, because poor battery life is an underlying pain point that people have to deal with.
    I don't know how the hell you managed to get that battery life...17% used up in 8 hours lol you must not touch the phone alot. Not hating but I kinda struggle to get through 2 full days with mine with battery saving mode on, and most tips applied.
    09-27-17 03:44 AM

Hint...pure jealousy mixed with curiosity. . The fact that they even make a comment means a lot. If this was any other phone they would not say anything.

You can have the greatest all touch phone and the people will ignore it.

People do not know what blackberry keyboard can do. They do not you can flick words with it, use it as a mouse, delete words with one gesture, program keys etc.

Some people are genuinely impressed.

I would argue that blackberry it is been innovating more than many other tech companies.

KEYone is a niche product but it is very cool looking niche product. I am happy to have it and show it to people.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-27-17 06:22 AM
    I don't know how the hell you managed to get that battery life...17% used up in 8 hours lol you must not touch the phone alot. Not hating but I kinda struggle to get through 2 full days with mine with battery saving mode on, and most tips applied.
    You need to manage background services for your apps. Myself I turned off all social media background services. That way I do not get annoying messages every five minutes and battery gets better as well.
    09-27-17 06:24 AM
    You need to manage background services for your apps. Myself I turned off all social media background services. That way I do not get annoying messages every five minutes and battery gets better as well.
    Done that too. Is it safe to disable background data and usage for Google Play Services app?
    09-27-17 06:26 AM
    Done that too. Is it safe to disable background data and usage for Google Play Services app?
    Yes it should be. I do disable any thing I do not need. Also there are apps like chrome for example which are very hard on the battery. But in general if you are lite , mid user you should be able to get close to two days of the battery. Heavy user should be able to get solid one day out of it.
    09-27-17 06:32 AM
    Yes it should be. I do disable any thing I do not need. Also there are apps like chrome for example which are very hard on the battery. But in general if you are lite , mid user you should be able to get close to two days of the battery. Heavy user should be able to get solid one day out of it.
    Google Apps, Chrome, BBM, Snapchat, Facebook & Messenger(official ones) are some very energy draining apps.

But then what's the point of having an Android BB if the user is gonna disable/uninstall literally everything that a BB Passport or Classic won't do. In that case, I can almost say get those devices instead.
    09-27-17 06:45 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Until such time as they start selling in much larger quantities, it will be viewed as a niche product...most are brainwashed to samsung or iphone....

Posted via CB10
    09-27-17 06:54 AM
    Until such time as they start selling in much larger quantities, it will be viewed as a niche product...most are brainwashed to samsung or iphone....

Posted via CB10
    For sure but it is nice to hear complements from people for a change. People who say it is "old tech" obviously do not know what the phone can do and how the keyboard is useful and ways it is superior to virtual keyboard. They need some education.

Physical keyword community will grow as long as BlackBerry keeps releasing phones which are as well received as KEYone.

Poor products Z10 and PRIV are the main reason many got turned away.

No need to compete with big guys. Just grow it's niche market community and it will keep growing
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-27-17 07:07 AM
    I do not disable apps you mentioned. I disabled apps that I do not use and they are installed on my phone and cannot be removed. For example Gmail or
    Google Apps, Chrome, BBM, Snapchat, Facebook & Messenger(official ones) are some very energy draining apps.

But then what's the point of having an Android BB if the user is gonna disable/uninstall literally everything that a BB Passport or Classic won't do. In that case, I can almost say get those devices instead.
    I do not disable apps you mentioned. I disabled apps that I do not use and they are installed on my phone and cannot be removed. For example Gmail or I do not disable apps you mentioned. I disabled apps that I do not use and they are installed on my phone and cannot be removed. For example Gmail. I also do not allow many apps to run background services. For example I do this with all social media apps. I do not need to have them to send me notification every 5 minutes. But once I need Facebook I just start it manually.

That way I have control over my phone better. OREO provides even more options to control apps on the phone.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-27-17 09:04 AM
    conformity, that's what matters most to them.
    Keep telling yourself that.
    09-27-17 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has it's share of mindless fanboys as well.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    09-27-17 04:04 PM
    Wow! Well done dude! 😂👌 That must have been amazing.

I bet he ran down to the nearest electronics store and bought a K1. Waiting for his thread now about how he met a guy who showed him his 52 shortcuts in is BB 😀

You gave him the CB URL, right?
    skinnymike1 and pale_face like this.
    09-27-17 05:18 PM
    these stories remind me when I still used the Passport as my daily driver. Just random people started talking to me about my phone haha. My PRIV is not much of an head tuner. Wish I had a KEYone...
    09-27-17 05:45 PM
    I think the decline started from the bold series, not long after iPhone came out. Blackberry were still releasing smaller phones and didn't market properly. They didn't counter what iPhone showed at conferences and the BlackBerry App store didn't compete with apple's.
    09-27-17 06:09 PM
    these stories remind me when I still used the Passport as my daily driver. Just random people started talking to me about my phone haha. My PRIV is not much of an head tuner. Wish I had a KEYone...
    I'm using a Passport as a daily driver right now. You'd be amazed at how many people freak out over it. They think it's a new phone and when I tell them it's 2 years old (or so) they're amazed.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-27-17 07:14 PM
69 123