Ok first of all, those whom will search what I've posted, I'm pretty uncertain of the keyone.
    That said I just swapped sims from my solid trusty passport to this keyone I'm typing this on and for the 3 days of use with specific mentions of work, I wanted to share my observations.
    Not admittedly it's a lighter week due to Columbus day for what I do for a living, but I just wanted to see how the K1 works in a real test with my actual Sim, as opposed to the mintsim I was testing.
    I say I was testing as if it sounds like I'm tech support or an admin. In way yes as I am a sole proprietor.
    That aside there are many things I can see to like: the battery is strong and long lasting; the speed is pretty zippy -- fast if not faster than the passport; the apps work flawlessly, as I'd expect with up to date run times and the few I do use are able to work pretty well.
    My annoyances are that the phone seems to quick to launch the browser. Probably my fat fingers, but that's what I observe.
    The email is not a smooth. Forget that hub is not the same, duh I know. But the notifications are not as efficient.
    On 10 yes they are all in one place and a banner shoots across saying what the massage is. That banner notification seems not to arrive all the time. Yes you can swipe down. But it feels like a 2-3 step process to get to messages and responses.
    The hub is also a little to sensitive in selecting multiple messages to Mark as read. More often than not I have to deselect as either they launch the browser (requiring a minimize and go back) or just restarting.
    That said my Passport doesn't buzz as frequently despite getting messages. So the keyone at the moment seems to be more on point with that.
    Typing, I like the wider keyboard and that the numbers are onscreen as well as the punctuation on the passport. Yes I know about the symbol menu for the keyone. I even asked about it here in this forum. But shouldn't the first sym menu be numbers and usual punctuation? This system of what it calls up first seems ill thought out.
    I like that can get apps that run smoother, but since I use this for work, my basic supposition is till the same: this is more for entertainment as a us to response to the iPhone and a light work skin thrust on it.
    My opinion of Google control or invasion is that in this age take it or leave it. You can have all the nifty features of a smart phone or not.
    The screen is sharp and appears brighter.
    Getting back to the battery, it does seem to last longer than my Passport. My Passport gets 2 days on the weekend with less calls and emails and 12-16 hours daily, which is just enough to get back home. And that's the passport on power save mode.
    I miss the stereo speakers, but that's not needed that much. I just like that the passport is louder and more rich sounding.
    The stress of waiting for the screen to possibly fall out is not a strong vote of confidence. So I guess we'll see.
    Accessories I wear a holster and the ones that are out there are cheap I'll sized crap or the way overpriced blackberry one. Anyone have any ideas? Yes I like the swivel holster.
    Cradles are also not ideal as they are close but don't fit all that well.
    I'd also like a link equivalent at least as to texts since I'm at my desk for email.
    It's fine just no as smooth for what I need.
    I guess I'll post more as I go on but that's my initial impressions.
    olee2222 and anon(8679041) like this.
    10-11-17 06:53 AM
    Ok first of all, those whom will search what I've posted, I'm pretty uncertain of the keyone.
    That said I just swapped sims from my solid trusty passport to this keyone I'm typing this on and for the 3 days of use with specific mentions of work, I wanted to share my observations.
    Not admittedly it's a lighter week due to Columbus day for what I do for a living, but I just wanted to see how the K1 works in a real test with my actual Sim, as opposed to the mintsim I was testing.
    I say I was testing as if it sounds like I'm tech support or an admin. In way yes as I am a sole proprietor.
    That aside there are many things I can see to like: the battery is strong and long lasting; the speed is pretty zippy -- fast if not faster than the passport; the apps work flawlessly, as I'd expect with up to date run times and the few I do use are able to work pretty well.
    My annoyances are that the phone seems to quick to launch the browser. Probably my fat fingers, but that's what I observe.
    The email is not a smooth. Forget that hub is not the same, duh I know. But the notifications are not as efficient.
    On 10 yes they are all in one place and a banner shoots across saying what the massage is. That banner notification seems not to arrive all the time. Yes you can swipe down. But it feels like a 2-3 step process to get to messages and responses.
    The hub is also a little to sensitive in selecting multiple messages to Mark as read. More often than not I have to deselect as either they launch the browser (requiring a minimize and go back) or just restarting.
    That said my Passport doesn't buzz as frequently despite getting messages. So the keyone at the moment seems to be more on point with that.
    Typing, I like the wider keyboard and that the numbers are onscreen as well as the punctuation on the passport. Yes I know about the symbol menu for the keyone. I even asked about it here in this forum. But shouldn't the first sym menu be numbers and usual punctuation? This system of what it calls up first seems ill thought out.
    I like that can get apps that run smoother, but since I use this for work, my basic supposition is till the same: this is more for entertainment as a us to response to the iPhone and a light work skin thrust on it.
    My opinion of Google control or invasion is that in this age take it or leave it. You can have all the nifty features of a smart phone or not.
    The screen is sharp and appears brighter.
    Getting back to the battery, it does seem to last longer than my Passport. My Passport gets 2 days on the weekend with less calls and emails and 12-16 hours daily, which is just enough to get back home. And that's the passport on power save mode.
    I miss the stereo speakers, but that's not needed that much. I just like that the passport is louder and more rich sounding.
    The stress of waiting for the screen to possibly fall out is not a strong vote of confidence. So I guess we'll see.
    Accessories I wear a holster and the ones that are out there are cheap I'll sized crap or the way overpriced blackberry one. Anyone have any ideas? Yes I like the swivel holster.
    Cradles are also not ideal as they are close but don't fit all that well.
    I'd also like a link equivalent at least as to texts since I'm at my desk for email.
    It's fine just no as smooth for what I need.
    I guess I'll post more as I go on but that's my initial impressions.
    Give yourself 30 days away from BB10. That was hardest part for me. It took about 30 days for habits and fingers to adjust. It's better than regular Android.
    duncan86 likes this.
    10-11-17 07:02 AM
    There's no doubting that BB10 had/has amazing potential. But I felt like I was always jumping through hoops. With the KEYone, you eventually get used to android. The more I used android, the more I found new hidden features that BB10 could not do. It's a highly customizable OS. Overall it's a shame BB10 didn't have app support, but I'm completely satisfied with android now.
    RMCCI, duncan86, sesp9 and 3 others like this.
    10-11-17 02:03 PM
    I keep my Passport charged and haven't done the transfer. just a Sim switch. I picked up the PP and the screen and ease of use make this a difficult choice.
    I also like that I can sorta run two things at one. yes the keyone has the split screen, but it's just not the same.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    10-11-17 09:02 PM
    I keep my Passport charged and haven't done the transfer. just a Sim switch. I picked up the PP and the screen and ease of use make this a difficult choice.
    I also like that I can sorta run two things at one. yes the keyone has the split screen, but it's just not the same.
    It's not ease of use, it's what you're used to. Make transfer and put BB10 devices where you can't get to when you get frustrated. It will take about 30 days to retrain yourself and BlackBerry Android is closer to BB10 than regular Android.

I learned this when I switched from BBOS to BB10, then again from BB10 to BBAndroid. Good luck and it's worth it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-11-17 09:30 PM
    Blackberry Leap or Blackberry Priv swivel holsters from BlackBerry fit the KeyOne perfectly and can be had for cheap prices. The Leap looks better though in my opinion but the Priv's allows you (after a few days of stretching) to slide in a KeyOne with a Ringke Fusion case.
    10-11-17 09:42 PM
    Just like a lot of you here, I'm trying to give myself time to get used to Android, coming from a BlackBerry Classic. I'm in about week two now and I'm slowly getting used to Android, but nothing at all comes as close to the smoothness of BlackBerry Flow!
    10-11-17 09:51 PM
    I made the switch to Android a year ago now. Once you get through the transition, there's no looking back.

Having all the apps you need, OS updates, and future options makes a big difference.
    10-11-17 10:07 PM
    I too owned the BlackBerry Passport before switching to the BlackBerry Priv. Even though that device originally had Android LOLLIPOP, I managed to adjust. Then things got better with Marshmallow.

With Nougat on my KEYone, I'm really quite pleased.

Listening to many folks who come from BB10 to Android, I'd say the primary issue is adjusting to a new OS. BB10 was great in its own right, but the KEYone with Nougat also has great qualities and even more potential with a looming Oreo update. Hang in there.

P.S. Any idea when your device was made? You may not even need to worry about the whole screen popping out thing...
    10-11-17 10:43 PM
    It was made in May. So it's a first batch machine. Hence my apprehension.
    10-12-17 06:09 AM
    It was made in May. So it's a first batch machine. Hence my apprehension.
    Ah. Ah. Your apprehension is well - founded. :-/
    10-12-17 07:11 AM
    Annoyance at the fact that text messaging doesn't have a return to send feature. Yes I dl'd textra, but that has its own issue as it doesn't smoothly integrate to the hub.
    I also noticed that the hub is slower to pick up email than my Passport.
    after yesterday's work day, the battery was similar to my Passport's but just charged faster.
    I also don't like how chrome does not actually close anything. Some people may find that handy, but I'd rather start from a fresh screen and not my last search. Then I see all my pages still there, however I closed the app. And I hate the word app. Maybe coming from a DEC Alpha has something to do with it.
    Last edited by Mattster723; 10-13-17 at 06:34 AM.
    10-13-17 06:14 AM
    I gave myself 60 days on a DTEK60 and I still couldn't wrap my head around Android, so back to my glitchy Passport I went, eventually firing the trusty Leap back up after the PP died on me. The first BlackBerry I used ran on OS4 and I took to it like a duck to water, I used various devices all the way up to OS7.1 without any issues of adaption/adoption. When BB10 was launched I was using my Z10 like a pro within a couple of days. Of course, there was some baked in BB goodness that was familiar but within 48 hours it was like it was the only OS I had ever used. I recently jumped at the opportunity to get an Alcatel Idol 4s, basically the chassis for the DTEK60 for next to nothing but it was the 4/64 Windows 10 version, I took to W10 really quickly too and find it's much more suited to a device other than a PC where I find it awkward.

So my question is, why should anyone have to work so hard to get the most out of an OS? I find Android fractured and illogical and even with the BB suite of built in apps (Hub for eg) it doesn't flow like a decent OS should as far as I'm concerned, and you have to learn 'tricks' and shortcuts to make it work productively. When I first started using BBOS and BB10 I never had to think or guess where anything was, it was always where it should have been. Of course, I'm not saying they were perfect, but they and W10 are light years ahead of any version of Android for user comfort.

I've investigated and tested both Ubuntu and Sailfish OS's and find them very similar in feel and logic to BB10 but it looks like neither are going to make any impact on the market, in fact, I *think* Ubuntu has ceased supporting its device OS. Shame, we really do need more choice than what we have.

Please excuse my rant, I'm not precious about BB10 and I know that if I want to continue my relationship with BlackBerry that it's inevitable I'll end up using an Android device but that doesn't stop me from believing that it's a very flawed OS and I shouldn't have to work so hard to make it work for me.

Rant over!
    10-13-17 07:19 AM
    I find iOS to be very easy to use. It reminds me of old BBOS for the menu boxes when running apps. I found Android to be not as reliable or as well integrated.

Android can be customized that is true but it is also easy to screw up. My only real negative with iOS is the font size and the lack of a back button.
    10-13-17 07:36 AM
    Although I find iOS easy -- it is to a point. The lack of a unified inbox and the being tied to Apple for storage, as well as crap battery makes it not useful to me.
    This Android is a bit too customizable and I think to its detriment. The fact that you can change the phone dialer is neat, but there is a point where you just have say, "Shut up and make it work sparky." It's software engineering run amuck.
    10-13-17 11:37 AM
    Just like a lot of you here, I'm trying to give myself time to get used to Android, coming from a BlackBerry Classic. I'm in about week two now and I'm slowly getting used to Android, but nothing at all comes as close to the smoothness of BlackBerry Flow!
    Listen, habits are hard to break. I've been on Android with the Priv but then I got the KeyOne and I "touched" the keys and nothing happened. It took a few days to realize that I actually had to PRESS the darn keys!
    10-13-17 12:57 PM
    Used a Keyone for 2 months. Going back to my Passport. Once BB10 is officially dead, I guess our company will leave BB forever and forced to the iPhone. There is absolutely no way I am having our company go to android. What a useless and confusing OS compared to BB10. Its a complete mess.
    10-13-17 01:43 PM
    Used a Keyone for 2 months. Going back to my Passport. Once BB10 is officially dead, I guess our company will leave BB forever and forced to the iPhone. There is absolutely no way I am having our company go to android. What a useless and confusing OS compared to BB10. Its a complete mess.
    Come now, how so? I understand the mourning period one must go through abandoning a beloved operating system (same happened with me and webOS)... but Nougat is plenty easy to use and Android is far less disjointed than back in the day. The KEYone is a phenomenal device.
    FF22, BLu and sesp9 like this.
    10-13-17 10:47 PM
    so after a weekend of giving into the silly, I watched some videos (I miss the ability to skip adds on the BB10 apps), I used 95% of the battery and was impressed with the recharge.
    Using it for work with calls, texts and emails it just comes to getting use to it. So far so good. It's still not a smooth as 10, but it can get work done.
    I do like the tweakability and that the apps, the few that I use, are working.
    10-17-17 09:17 AM
    I've gone from a Passport to a Keyone; I'm starting my second week. I use the phone in the car a lot, so I put a high value on any hands-free feature. The Passport, using the BlackBerry Assistant, was awesome in conducting virtually any business on a hands-free basis. However, the Key one not so much. For instance, today I wanted to send a text message to a contact. With the Passport, I could have just said "text Bob Jones," and a text window would have opened up ready to be dictated into. With the Key one, half the time the phone googles whatever I have requested. Today, I told the Google Assistant to "open contacts," and it Googled that, forcing me to put on my reading glasses (while driving), and locate the contact I need on the phone.

I don't mind if a phone is trying to catch up with the technology, but it is frustrating when the later version has technology less useful than the prior version, both phones from the same company. I have another week in which I can return this phone, and at this point I am leaning to go back to the Passport. It is a disappointing phone, in my opinion.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    10-17-17 11:52 AM
    So far it's been doing its job for what I need. as I just posted elsewhere, I do miss the wider keyboard, but the GPS via Google maps was better in my opinion than BB10 maps. The file system is not as smooth, but for what I need I can get things done and the battery lasts my day. So until the screen pops, looks like I'm doing OK, but I keep my OG powered and synced for that reason!
    10-23-17 06:11 AM
    So here's two annoyance -- as I posted in 2 separate posts -- I cannot seem to attach PDFs or other files to texts and my plantronics 5200C is not allowing me to call from the phone book -- call office is turning into "I can show you my office from the internet."
    semime likes this.
    11-01-17 09:13 AM
    I've gone from a Passport to a Keyone; I'm starting my second week. I use the phone in the car a lot, so I put a high value on any hands-free feature. The Passport, using the BlackBerry Assistant, was awesome in conducting virtually any business on a hands-free basis. However, the Key one not so much. For instance, today I wanted to send a text message to a contact. With the Passport, I could have just said "text Bob Jones," and a text window would have opened up ready to be dictated into. With the Key one, half the time the phone googles whatever I have requested. Today, I told the Google Assistant to "open contacts," and it Googled that, forcing me to put on my reading glasses (while driving), and locate the contact I need on the phone.

I don't mind if a phone is trying to catch up with the technology, but it is frustrating when the later version has technology less useful than the prior version, both phones from the same company. I have another week in which I can return this phone, and at this point I am leaning to go back to the Passport. It is a disappointing phone, in my opinion.
    This is what your looking for, free, voice control music, text, email, map, it works but needs to be plugged into charger if your actively using while driving long trips but it Works! and it's free. >>>https://www.android.com/auto/
    11-01-17 07:35 PM
    This is what your looking for, free, voice control music, text, email, map, it works but needs to be plugged into charger if your actively using while driving long trips but it Works! and it's free. >>>https://www.android.com/auto/
    Thank you Racism for the tip. Too late, though - I returned the Key One and got a Moto Z Play, which I am pretty happy with so far. The voice assistant is comparable to the BB10 voice assistant, and the battery life is long like the Passport. I wish I was using the Passport II or something like that, but what can you do?
    11-01-17 08:38 PM
    BB10 was THE BEST but sadly lack off apps killed it

best phone I ever used by BlackBerry was the z10

if they made a new one with android apps and os10, I would bin my keyone
    TCM01 likes this.
    11-01-17 08:46 PM
39 12