With the failure of BBMobile to successfully release this phone I'm amazed how things are panning out. Steves tweets are a lie, about how they didn't anticipate this much interest so are making sure stock meets the demand, lol Jesus man we aren't that gullible.

I believe the units they produced had a major defect. The defect is the uneven backlit keyboard. All the reviews I watched had the uneven lighting on the keyboard. Yes I know they were "pre production" units but I feel like they had to halt production and fix this disastrous problem.

In the meantime Steve had to give us some type of new info regarding this misguided release. So the BBMobile team came up with the half assed stock must meet the demand gig.

Really man? Let me get this straight, you're going to disappoint ALL the people by making them have a theoretically similar "stock-out" instead of SOME? Logically this makes no sense and is shut down with a quick conclusion.

Same song and dance. What a shame. We have all the right to be upset. We waited two months with no updates just for them to "update" us with a half *** lie and we still have no idea when this device is coming. Stevey said some time in May? That's synonymous with he has no idea.

Okay I'm done pouting.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 09:31 PM
    It's ok. Here's a hug, take a deep breath.

It sucks but it is what it is. After waiting and waiting for soo long, another few weeks isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure the K1 is going to be a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    skinnymike1, SDTRMG, BLu and 4 others like this.
    04-01-17 09:36 PM
    It's ok. Here's a hug, take a deep breath.

It sucks but it is what it is. After waiting and waiting for soo long, another few weeks isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I'm sure the K1 is going to be a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    Take a note of how the airlines do it. They tell you the flight is 15 minutes late, then they update you about half an hour later that's the flight is another half an hour late and before you know it you've waited 4 hours.

These are true and tested methods at managing delays and they're running this underhanded playbook (pun) on the most loyal BlackBerry faithful.

Shame on TCL and BlackBerry!
    skinnymike1 and bigedschukar like this.
    04-01-17 09:43 PM
    Of course waiting a few weeks isn't that bad, that's not the point.

The point is how they've utterly failed to communicate and market this phone. These things matter when you release a new product. Nobody is waiting for this phone besides BlackBerry fans, all we want is updates. Give us a release date, it's really not that hard. And thanks for the hug and advice to breathe deep, greatly appreciated my fellow friend

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    04-01-17 09:47 PM
    Take a note of how the airlines do it. They tell you the flight is 15 minutes late, then they update you about half an hour later that's the flight is another half an hour late and before you know it you've waited 4 hours.

These are true and tested methods at managing delays and they're running this underhanded playbook (pun) on the most loyal BlackBerry faithful.

Shame on TCL and BlackBerry!
    If you want to use airlines as a comparison, after they tell you you're flight is delayed for 4 hours, they eventually inform you that the flight is now canceled.
    04-01-17 09:51 PM
    I think a mod should change this thread title to 'Our speculation' in place of a one man's theory so all can put their guesses here. It will be more fun to watch.

Posted from my  Passport
    04-01-17 09:53 PM
    No way to know if true or not, but I think they would have just shipped them with the uneven backlight. Look at the Priv's initial issues. It is possible they are having production issues as this company has never produced physical keyboard phones before. Makes me wary of ordering right away, but probably still will.
    04-01-17 09:53 PM
    With the failure of BBMobile to successfully release this phone
    No such failure has occurred.

You're talking hyperbole. Why?
    04-01-17 10:00 PM

The point is how they've utterly failed to communicate and market this phone. These things matter when you release a new product. Nobody is waiting for this phone besides BlackBerry fans, all we want is updates. Give us a release date, it's really not that hard. And thanks for the hug and advice to breathe deep, greatly appreciated my fellow friend

Posted via CB10
    I definitely got your point and I agree with you 100%.

I am also 100% not surprised that a)this rollout is flubbed b)communication non existent c)updates are nowhere to be seen d)marketing has a cloaking device e) release dates are super secret

It sucks. This is what blackberry has been for quite a long time now. Let's be honest, us few on CB are the only humans interested in the K1. Noone outside of these forums could give a flying **** about any BlackBerry phone.

I'm here and you're here for the same reason, we love BlackBerry phones. Hopefully when the K1 is available it works 100% flawlessly. That's pretty much all we can hope.

*more Internet hugs for BlackBerry brothers and sisters!!

Posted via CB10
    Flatman and FF22 like this.
    04-01-17 10:05 PM
    If the issue was going to be inventory levels, they should've just taken a page from Nintendo's playbook: release it anyway. Let it sell out, and keep selling out when new shipments come in. Do victory laps while crowing about phones flying off the shelves faster than supply can keep up.

Of course, there's the chance it'd backfire on them...
    bigedschukar likes this.
    04-01-17 10:15 PM
    If you want to use airlines as a comparison, after they tell you you're flight is delayed for 4 hours, they eventually inform you that the flight is now canceled.
    ...4 hours ago
    sling likes this.
    04-01-17 10:17 PM
    If the issue was going to be inventory levels, they should've just taken a page from Nintendo's playbook: release it anyway. Let it sell out, and keep selling out when new shipments come in. Do victory laps while crowing about phones flying off the shelves faster than supply can keep up.

Of course, there's the chance it'd backfire on them...
    Exactly.. and this is why the whole anticipation/inventory statement is a farce.

We waited two months for them to tell us they have no clue when this phone will come out.. smfh

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 10:37 PM
    Remember when the Z10 came out first, and we had to wait weeks to get our keyboard on the Q10?

Posted via CB10
    davidinLA likes this.
    04-01-17 11:15 PM
    If the phone comes out in May with any hardware issue, "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad! I won't say who, just somebody!"

Posted via CB10
    yessuz likes this.
    04-01-17 11:21 PM
    If the phone comes out in May with any hardware issue, "Somebody gonna get a hurt real bad! I won't say who, just somebody!"

Posted via CB10
    Russeeeeeelll!

Posted via CB10
    yessuz likes this.
    04-02-17 12:55 AM
    I have it on good authority that the delay is actually because of the "Q" key having issues when pressed fourteen times consecutively.
    Flatman likes this.
    04-02-17 01:02 AM
    True information, fake information, everyone will keep complaining just the same.
    Nels likes this.
    04-02-17 03:01 AM
    I really do not understand, why people getting crazy about average device.
    Era of blackberry is finished, last masterpiece was Passport......

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    04-02-17 03:35 AM
    Or they tell you, the flight is 2 hours late, hand out some vouchers for the airport snack bars and there they tell you "No way your flight is only 2 hours late. Vouchers of 15€ are only handed out when the flight is AT LEAST 4 hours late.".

I really do not understand, why people getting crazy about average device.
    Era of blackberry is finished, last masterpiece was Passport......
    Because it's one of two devices on the market with a physical keyboard. And this one has the keyboard readily accessible at all times without the need to slide or flip something open.
    mrfreeze likes this.
    04-02-17 09:09 AM
    The theory is intriguing about a flaw as the cause of the delay. Couple of comments:

1) I personally don't think a backlight alone would be important enough.
    2) more significantly though, I don't conclude that any new or unusual or nefarious reason for the delay needs to be hypothesized. Why? Because this is a known and historically repeated pattern of BlackBerry, consistently disappointing delays, inexplicably slow releases, and frustrating lag times. Why bother to invoke something other than gross incompetence. The company is and has been run by buffoons and incompetents for many, many years. Way out of their league. And the market has spoken, putting them out of business.
    Narhim and Flatman like this.
    04-02-17 09:17 AM
    Not everybody is fond of keyboard, I have samsung s7 edge and passport and there is no big difference for me, both devices are convenient and suitable, operational wise I really love samsung....

Posted via CB10
    04-02-17 09:18 AM

The point is how they've utterly failed to communicate and market this phone. These things matter when you release a new product. Nobody is waiting for this phone besides BlackBerry fans, all we want is updates. Give us a release date, it's really not that hard. And thanks for the hug and advice to breathe deep, greatly appreciated my fellow frien

Posted via CB10
    This!
    Bad communication and marketing by BlackBerry.. Again
    04-02-17 12:23 PM
    My (dream) theory is they need an extra month to replace 3GB/32GB with 4GB/64GB so they can compete with the real flagships (without change of price).
    Empyrean and phuoc like this.
    04-02-17 12:28 PM
    With the failure of BBMobile to successfully release this phone I'm amazed how things are panning out. Steves tweets are a lie, about how they didn't anticipate this much interest so are making sure stock meets the demand, lol Jesus man we aren't that gullible.

I believe the units they produced had a major defect. The defect is the uneven backlit keyboard. All the reviews I watched had the uneven lighting on the keyboard. Yes I know they were "pre production" units but I feel like they had to halt production and fix this disastrous problem.

In the meantime Steve had to give us some type of new info regarding this misguided release. So the BBMobile team came up with the half assed stock must meet the demand gig.

Really man? Let me get this straight, you're going to disappoint ALL the people by making them have a theoretically similar "stock-out" instead of SOME? Logically this makes no sense and is shut down with a quick conclusion.

Same song and dance. What a shame. We have all the right to be upset. We waited two months with no updates just for them to "update" us with a half *** lie and we still have no idea when this device is coming. Stevey said some time in May? That's synonymous with he has no idea.

Okay I'm done pouting.

Posted via CB10
    Its your theory or judgement maylord ?
    04-02-17 12:31 PM

Posted via CB10
    Its not your theory, its conspiracy theory by judging pre production unit
    04-02-17 12:33 PM
55 123