I have received my KeyOne and the charger had 3 prongs and needed an adapter to have it fit my household outlet. The adapter in white color and look cheap.

This is the second KeyOne I have received from Amazon Canada, the first one came with defect headphone jack and it won't detect the plug in headphone and I returned it and have this. Tell me do you want a phone that "will only charge with an adapter?" I definitely return this one too, due to the bulky and inconvenience of it, plus my little boy already have attention to it size and started to play with it, I don't think I will take any chance. Thanks and have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 11:54 AM
    I am now back to my Passport, no longer be able to used my old BBM id on the Passport, I have to swipe the phone for a new BBM id, all my Paid apps are lost, thanks to BlackBerry for this..shiiit.

I'll wait for a the next bigger pkb phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 12:02 PM
    I have received my KeyOne and the charger had 3 prongs and needed an adapter to have it fit my household outlet. The adapter in white color and look cheap.

This is the second KeyOne I have received from Amazon Canada, the first one came with defect headphone jack and it won't detect the plug in headphone and I returned it and have this. Tell me do you want a phone that "will only charge with an adapter?" I definitely return this one too, due to the bulky and inconvenience of it, plus my little boy already have attention to it size and started to play with it, I don't think I will take any chance. Thanks and have a nice day.

Posted via CB10
    A travel store or MEC might have an adapter so that Europeans could use their chargers in Canada. I suggest you call BB Mobile at their support number and tell them you just need the proper adapter and don't want a whole new phone! Or just buy a charger from Amazon. What's that store... General Tire???
    11-23-17 12:11 PM
    I had this same problem and my black KEYone came from a seller that provided an adapter, but not the right one (!)

so I bought BlackBerry charger with the quick charge capability on Amazon for $14.

problem solved.
    11-23-17 04:46 PM
    Really no one that does not have a bunch of wall chargers??
    The Black K1 is not sold in the USA that is why you got that goofy plug I got one from the ebay seller also if it has two prongs to stick in the outlet you can still use it it will take a use plug to plug into that euro plug try it i did and it charges
    11-23-17 06:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Check your box and the device model in Settings.

If it's BBB100-2, the seller sold you an European device as a Canadian. It's missing LTE bands AND you won't get warranty, just send it back.

You probably bought one not sold by Amazon themselves.
    11-23-17 08:50 PM
    I wish I can post the photo, for some reason I can't post any pic in the forum even I did set the permission.

I had ordered my Phone through Amazon Canada, the first one it full filled by Amazon, the replacement (suppose to be full fill by Amazon too) but it WAS NOT, end up have a small note in a box saying it came from FIRSTRONIC. On the box said model BBB 100-1, Prd-63116-044 but in side the box with different charger with 3 prongs (2 metal flat prongs and one black plastic), out

side in a zip plastic bag included a separate white color travel adapter. I think amazon out of stock and they just has to full filled the order so the just order it from a third party seller to fill my order. I have to return it to amazon, because my little boy loves and get attracting to this dual color huge charger combination, I just can't take the change, it just I can't figure out how to return it? How am I return an item that already return one and I haven't hear/received anything from amazon yet. Thanks guy and have a good day.

Posted via CB10
    11-23-17 09:24 PM
    A charger with three big prongs is for the UK. One with two round prongs is for Europe but can easily be used with a travel adapter.

If you want to buy from Amazon directly, the item must say it is both Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon.
    11-23-17 09:42 PM
    A charger with three big prongs is for the UK. One with two round prongs is for Europe but can easily be used with a travel adapter.

If you want to buy from Amazon directly, the item must say it is both Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon.
    Actually this is an APAC/US model from Hong Kong, which also uses the BS1363a plug.
    11-24-17 06:33 AM
    Just use your BB10 charger. Playbook 1.8A charger should work like a charm.
    11-24-17 07:16 AM
    Just use your BB10 charger. Playbook 1.8A charger should work like a charm.
    The bigger issue on hand here is that he got a unit with no warranty, when it was sold as one that does.
    11-24-17 08:39 AM
    The bigger issue on hand here is that he got a unit with no warranty, when it was sold as one that does.
    I didn't even knowing about this warranty issue, how can Amazon doing this at all? The first KeyOne I bought and it did mention than I fulfilled by Amazon but I had a defective unit and therefore I have returned for a replacement unit. The package arrived with Amazon tape sealed as usual, but inside the box the phone box place in a big ziplog bag and the travel adapter lay inside the ziplog bag. I was surprised that there was a small note in the package that thanks to the "Firstronic customers", so it must be from FIRSTRONIC whatever, the note actually said "it came with a power conversation for North American user!" so it is so obvious, it is not for the North American market.

I think if I can't get the warranty, I definitely return it today. Thanks very much gentleman and have yourself a great weekend.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-17 10:51 AM
    I placed my order on Amazon as well. Was brought there after clicking the link from BBM website.

My device came with the same European charger in the box with a separate white adapter in the package.

My version is a BBB100-1 though. And I have no issues with LTE bands as I am constantly holding an LTE+ signal.
    11-24-17 11:20 AM
    I didn't even knowing about this warranty issue, how can Amazon doing this at all? The first KeyOne I bought and it did mention than I fulfilled by Amazon but I had a defective unit and therefore I have returned for a replacement unit. The package arrived with Amazon tape sealed as usual, but inside the box the phone box place in a big ziplog bag and the travel adapter lay inside the ziplog bag. I was surprised that there was a small note in the package that thanks to the "Firstronic customers", so it must be from FIRSTRONIC whatever, the note actually said "it came with a power conversation for North American user!" so it is so obvious, it is not for the North American market.

I think if I can't get the warranty, I definitely return it today. Thanks very much gentleman and have yourself a great weekend.

Posted via CB10
    Amazon has a habit if taking reseller stock to fulfill their own orders. I would bring this to Amazon's attention, that the seller is listing gray market versions as official units to get them pulled.
    11-24-17 11:25 AM
    Three prongs is the UK and Ireland, and two prongs is mainland Europe. I've got an adapter to use the UK sourced phone in Barcelona.
    11-24-17 01:26 PM
    Three prongs is the UK and Ireland, and two prongs is mainland Europe. I've got an adapter to use the UK sourced phone in Barcelona.
    Many former British colonies also use BS1363a.
    11-24-17 01:48 PM
    Many former British colonies also use BS1363a.
    So, the USA, Canada, Malta, etc?
    pnfitz likes this.
    11-24-17 01:59 PM
    So, the USA, Canada, Malta, etc?
    Hong Kong. OP got a BBB100-1 that had the plug.
    11-24-17 03:13 PM
    Normally Amazon.ca indicates clearly that it's through a reseller. The problem is some resellers do not clearly indicate they are foreign.

I've complained about this to Amazon.ca before, and all they do is pass the complaint to the vendor who ends up being some rube who doesn't comprehend the concept of "foreign" .
    11-25-17 08:34 PM
    Normally Amazon.ca indicates clearly that it's through a reseller. The problem is some resellers do not clearly indicate they are foreign.

I've complained about this to Amazon.ca before, and all they do is pass the complaint to the vendor who ends up being some rube who doesn't comprehend the concept of "foreign" .
    They do, but in this case OP bought a "sold by Amazon", was defective and Amazon used reseller stock which was a gray market unit to replace
    11-30-17 08:45 AM
    I just got the same phone. Fulfilled by Firstronic through Amazon.ca. Or vice versa. In any event, it had the UK plug charger and a white adapter in a ziplock. Otherwise the phone was in perfect condition, in a BlackBerry sealed box, never opened. It works perfectly on Telus.

I have at least a dozen charger plugs all over the house, so the UK plug is sitting in my suitcase for when I might take a trip. Now that the cables plug into the chargers, it's really not a big deal and certainly no reason to return a phone. Just set it up and enjoy it!
    Zolti likes this.
    12-03-17 08:51 AM
    issue would be missing bands... if that send it back pronto...
    12-03-17 03:30 PM
    I just got the same phone. Fulfilled by Firstronic through Amazon.ca. Or vice versa. In any event, it had the UK plug charger and a white adapter in a ziplock. Otherwise the phone was in perfect condition, in a BlackBerry sealed box, never opened. It works perfectly on Telus.

I have at least a dozen charger plugs all over the house, so the UK plug is sitting in my suitcase for when I might take a trip. Now that the cables plug into the chargers, it's really not a big deal and certainly no reason to return a phone. Just set it up and enjoy it!
    Go to the About Device screen. Your model number probably says BBB100-2. Which means you are missing bands AND you will not get any warranty in Canada. If it says BBB100-1, you probably got one imported from Hong Kong, in which the second point still stands.

I would return it, and report the item to Amazon, because its description is wrong, it's not the "Canadian Version" like the title says.
    12-13-17 10:18 PM
    Go to the About Device screen. Your model number probably says BBB100-2. Which means you are missing bands AND you will not get any warranty in Canada.

I would return it, and report the item to Amazon, because its description is wrong, it's not the "Canadian Version" like the title says.
    No, it's BBB100-1

I haven't had any signal issues, it has better reception than my old Priv. Where would I find the list of bands, and how would I know if any are missing?

Good point about the warranty - I guess I'll jump off that bridge if and when I get to it.
    12-13-17 10:30 PM
    No, it's BBB100-1

I haven't had any signal issues, it has better reception than my old Priv. Where would I find the list of bands, and how would I know if any are missing?

Good point about the warranty - I guess I'll jump off that bridge if and when I get to it.
    Actually I updated my post before you saw it. BBB100-1 is also sold in Asia Pacific. Hong Kong also uses the same BS1363a "UK" plug, so yours is parallel imported from Hong Kong. So this version is identical to the Canadian version, hardware wise.

Problem is they put it under the "Canadian" listing to make it sound like you have warranty.
    12-13-17 10:33 PM