07-20-17 02:16 PM
32 12
tools
    But the question is why do they disable the bottom row in vertical position? That is the most used orientation I would think, especially one handed.
    I'm not sure. Maybe they will fix it with software updates. I just tried to swipe on the last tow in the horizontal view and it doesn't want to work now.. Even more bizarre. The KEYᴼᴺᴱ keyboard has alot of room for growth, and I know it will only get better with updates. As of today, the Privs keyboard is better in my opinion than the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    07-06-17 01:42 AM
    The KEYᴼᴺᴱ keyboard has alot of room for growth, and I know it will only get better with updates. As of today, the Privs keyboard is better in my opinion than the KEYᴼᴺᴱ.
    For now they've shown a poor management and as a consequence, a feeling for their consumers that they don't care.
    Interesting would be to see where this will go.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12951794
    Last edited by joker333; 07-06-17 at 05:43 AM.
    07-06-17 04:38 AM
    This is interesting. Right away when I got the phone I noticed the bottom row did not have the capacitive sensors, but upon reading your post I turned the phone horizontal and what do you know, they do have sensors and work flawless when scrolling horizontally, very bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for verifying this. That pretty much means a return would be useless - could end up getting a phone with the same problem. This issue is not a deal breaker for me. Who knows? Maybe a software update will fix it someday.
    07-06-17 05:36 AM
    I was just reading through this thread, trying to duplicate your experience. I couldn't. The vertical swiping (up and down) is 100%.
    07-06-17 06:17 AM
    I was just reading through this thread, trying to duplicate your experience. I couldn't. The vertical swiping (up and down) is 100%.
    Were you using the most part of the surface of your thumb? (usually when using one hand and the phone lays on your fingers or palm)
    Or just the tip? (usually when holding the phone with one hand and swiping with the other one or if holding the phone still with the same hand while swiping (creates a distance between the finger and the keyboard))

If it's the first option then I'd believe it because when applying a larger surface to the keyboard, you trigger more sensors I guess and thus you get a better swiping.

But if you were swiping with your thumb tip and got this result then idk...

And actually there's one more thing to add to this: randomness. Sometimes yes, it works good but sometimes you'll encounter a situation similar to mine and others which agreed on this issue in this thread. I can't predict when it'll work fine and when not. I also can't understand what could cause it to work badly when it does. Just give it more time for testing.
    Last edited by joker333; 07-06-17 at 07:18 AM.
    07-06-17 06:55 AM
    I swipe with a small part of my thumb pad. But swiping with any finger is effective. I have the NA variant.
    07-06-17 07:20 AM
    This is very interesting information. I'm still on the Priv and have finally started to adapt to using the swipe features and try to enjoy them more than anguish over the loss of the trackpad. And I assumed that if I go that direction going to the KEYone can only make use the of swiping an even better experience.

For those of us using the Priv and waiting to try the KEYone, it would be enormously helpful if you can please try to make a note to update us if and when software updates do get these issues resolved.

Thanks!
    07-20-17 02:16 PM
32 12