With my previous phones (Palm Pre and Blackberry Passport, and probably even before those can't remember) I used to use the dot in front of the folders technique so that the folders wouldn't come up in the photo previews but they would still be there when browsing with a file explorer. I just realised after a while using my Keyone that those files and folders do not seem to be there anymore, what happened to my files, does Android work differently and didn't recognise those .folders when I copied the contents from the Passport?
    I'm using Total Commander to explore files and I can't find them, I think I have those files saved somewhere else (hopefully!) but I wonder, where are they now on my Keyone, and if I do find them backed up somewhere how can I save them on the Keyone and not show up?
    Thanks
    02-10-18 02:41 AM
    They're hidden in the file explorer.

You can change the settings of the file explorer you're using to show hidden files.

Also if you want to hide certain media (like images and videos) you can place a file or folder with name .nomedia in the same folder.
    02-10-18 03:16 AM
    The "Show hidden files/folders" is already checked in Total Commander, yet I can't see any of my .files and .folders
    02-10-18 03:24 AM