Well,
    I just picked up my new KEYone about 2 hours ago and just getting around to opening the box! I thought I would share my thoughts (unbiased as possible) as I go through the set up and my opinion ( for those interested) on the device. A brief overview first:
    - I use my phone for business, personal and the odd game.
    - apps mostly used : office, messenger, calendar, phone, contacts, email ( 5 accounts), Facebook pages, twitter, banking
    - I've used all phones from iPhones --> HTC--> Samsung galaxy/note --> BB. The BEST phone I ever had was the passport. Currently using DTEK50.

Here we go .....

The immediate feel of the KO (KEYone) is amazing! the build feel solid and well put together like the passport ! it instantly makes you WANT to use it which is a nice thing. the keys I have to admit I was worried about BUT in the few minutes I have been setting it up they really are great. Not as good as the passport but very very nice. I can see the need for a case as i find it a little slippery and recall i dropped my passport a couple of times because of this but very nice feel.

Display
    I don't buy phones to watch movies and game other then the odd time so super high resolution doesn't really matter too much to me. Compared to the DTEK50 I am using ( which is fine for me) I have the KO set at about 80% brightness and it is fine IMO.

setup:
    simple, set up from backup, cloud, device etc. device to device didn't work for me though.

Speed
    I've seen no problems here but will see when all the apps are loaded and running. The finger print reader is FAST !!! Again, this is not an iPhone 7 or S8 with super high specs so don't expect that performance. It is a fast phone with no lag thus far. If you want as super fast phone to save those milliseconds then look for the S8 / iPhone flagship devices but 99% of the people this is fast enough IMO.

I will post more when I have time to play with the KO more
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-31-17 12:57 PM
    Enjoy your blackberry. Your gonna luv it.
    mbpstar likes this.
    05-31-17 12:59 PM
    PART 2

So the KO is fully set up now:
    99 apps installed
    14.83 of 32 gb used

speed : after installing all the apps and setting them up I left about 30 of them open and not one did is see a reduction in speed or performance! Some apps like banking had a massage saying to use a device that was compatible with the apps screen size but it worked as normal .

Build: again it is really nice, for me it is a great adaption of the passport in a slimmer /taller design. The keys move well and found i was typing faster then on my virtual kb on the dtek50 immediately.
    It seems to me that a bumper case would be called for to help protect the screen, not sure if a screen protector is needed with gorilla glass4 though. The screen does show a lot of fingerprint smudges.

Overall for me this is a great device where I CAN DO EVERYTHING and moreso enjoy doing it on the device. I think there will be a lot of happy BB users again with this device.
    05-31-17 08:10 PM
    Great little review. I agree with all of your observations. Just finished setting mine up. It's a glorious day!
    Attached Thumbnails My First Review - KEYone-img_20170531_181057.jpg  
    bps88 likes this.
    05-31-17 08:13 PM
    Is that a bumper case you have on your KO ? where did you buy it? I might have a look on amazon now for a clear one.
    05-31-17 08:50 PM
    Is that a bumper case you have on your KO ? where did you buy it? I might have a look on amazon now for a clear one.
    They are. Did indeed get them from Amazon. They're made by a company called "CoverOn".
    05-31-17 09:35 PM
    PART 2

So the KO is fully set up now:
    99 apps installed
    14.83 of 32 gb used

speed : after installing all the apps and setting them up I left about 30 of them open and not one did is see a reduction in speed or performance! Some apps like banking had a massage saying to use a device that was compatible with the apps screen size but it worked as normal .

Build: again it is really nice, for me it is a great adaption of the passport in a slimmer /taller design. The keys move well and found i was typing faster then on my virtual kb on the dtek50 immediately.
    It seems to me that a bumper case would be called for to help protect the screen, not sure if a screen protector is needed with gorilla glass4 though. The screen does show a lot of fingerprint smudges.

Overall for me this is a great device where I CAN DO EVERYTHING and moreso enjoy doing it on the device. I think there will be a lot of happy BB users again with this device.
    Thanks. I am moving from a Passport so your observations are very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 11:30 PM
    I might have to factory reset mine. I have 57 apps installed and my K1 came to a crawl even with no apps open. I went into the device to see the RAM usage and it was at 90%.
    06-01-17 04:16 AM
    Thanks. I am moving from a Passport so your observations are very helpful.

Posted via CB10
    Being an ex-passport user I think you will be happy with the KO. the keypad is not too small and is responsive and similar to the passport. Essentially take the passport change the dimensions, put the latest android OS and VOILA passport running android! LOL
    06-01-17 08:12 AM
    Thanks for sharing your review of the K1.
    06-01-17 08:15 AM
    I might have to factory reset mine. I have 57 apps installed and my K1 came to a crawl even with no apps open. I went into the device to see the RAM usage and it was at 90%.

yikes! I purposely left as many apps open as I could (which I never do), just to see the performance of the KO. Again ,24 hours into it I've seen no issues. I would check the permissions for the app to be running in the background, maybe you don't need all the system resources being used up by this?
    06-01-17 08:15 AM
    Thanks, and post a review on Amazon as well to help the decision of potential buyers... for when they have stock... lmao.
    06-01-17 08:47 AM