Dude stop harassing him. He's the best YouTube reviewer!
    Sarcasm I hope. He is terrible. He doesn't have anything but superficial knowledge of a smartphone.
    justinbailey81 likes this.
    06-17-17 08:04 PM
    This is phone isn't for the reviewer. This phone is very worth the money and is very productive.
    hoytbowhunter and ColinsCity like this.
    06-19-17 02:17 PM
    He loved the speaker though, which I believe is not that great.
    That's the moment in his review when I had to go a double take and look at me KeyOne and realise that this phone is for me and not for him.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-19-17 02:41 PM
    I might have considered the k1 but reading only cb pieces & referenced items i will not...
    06-20-17 05:57 PM
    Yeah. He seemed like a pretty irrational guy who didnt know how to get the most of the device and kept using the popup virtual keyboard instead of giving the qwerty a real chance.

He didn't acknowledge the main reason I and many others own qwerty BlackBerry's either. Shortcuts.

He just seemed to ignore all the productivity features and thinks the only reason to buy the keyone is security.

And he's wrong about the speaker. It's not bad, and plenty good enough but it's a disappointment compared to the passport. Bring back BlackBerry sound. The front facing speaker on the priv looked like it was going to go next level.
    You should see the comments he left on my reply on his video when I said that I bought the Priv to replace my iPhone 6 and I love using it more than the iPhone 6, he called me an ***** multiple times and then told me I knew nothing about technology and that I worked at wallmart haha, he can't handle the fact people still like to use BlackBerry phone's, I have barely used the on screen keyboard on my Priv since I bought it in February. In the first few minutes he put emphasis on his voice saying Do Not Buy This Phone, I think the viewing public are very stupid when it comes to phone reviews because if you're viewing a phone with a physical keyboard and it's not a phone you would ever consider using you don't need it or want it or have a use for it, people love whining about the physical keyboard in the Priv and KeyONE and totally miss the point that it's there for us physical keyboard lovers and users who just cannot get used to the on screen keyboard. These people totally forget that we are not all the same and we all have different needs for phones, some people are all media consumption, some are all business, others maybe a mix of both, the Priv and KeyONE can do both, I love my Priv and after seeing all the negative reviews online I still bought it, I was expecting a slow phone but I thought to myself it's worth it if I can use a physical keyboard to use the social media apps to have better interactions with people and I was genuinely surprised that it was just as fast as my iPhone 6, I didn't notice a lag, I really don't know what people do with the phones to make it cause lag, but I don't get the lag issues and I use my Priv constantly all day long.
    06-20-17 06:01 PM
    Lags on phones isn't anything new. Back when I used an iPhone 5, it would lag as well! Maybe it's because I currently use a Classic, but I feel like I don't use many apps. And even if I did, I'm one of those OCD people who have to close every app once I'm done using it... it won't sit idly open eating away at my battery and my data.
    Yes, i'm the exact same, I always close the apps, the apps have push notifications for a reason, the apps don't need to be in the background draining battery and data and slowing down the phone, I know apple said it didn't affect their devices and you could leave all the apps run but when I did it made the phone slower and battery die quicker. My Priv barely lags, when I'm at home I don't notice it because I use WiFi, when out and traveling and I'm in a 2G area I notice a lag but it's usually a network based issue, older phones work better in 2G/EDGE areas, I noticed because I use a Bold 9900 too.
    PALoeza likes this.
    06-20-17 06:06 PM
    does anyone know what weather widget he is using there?
    06-20-17 06:09 PM
    Most mobiles have fixed batteries.
    Every single iPhone has a fixed battery, not one reviewer has ever complained about this, I've seen some praise it because they don't have "ugly battery doors that pop off", the non removable battery in my Priv doesn't bother me, the battery lasts for the length of time I need it.
    rx8er likes this.
    06-20-17 06:10 PM
    Wow you are not the only one? I screenshotted the comments he sent me too on my laptop, he is an irrational person, I didn't even call him out in the first comment I just said how I replaced my iPhone 6 with a Priv and how much I love using my Priv, I even did an app test which these tech guys love so much and found my Priv to open the apps 1 second faster than my iPhone 6 and my Priv only has 3GB of free storage left. He kept calling me stupid and an ***** and that I didn't know anything about technology or business, he has probably deleted his comments to me and my posts but he is an ***** who gets easily triggered like a teenager it's so funny, I thought I was having a conversation with a Twitter troll rather than a phone reviewer, most phone reviewers don't even comment to the criticism and they have less fans than he does, he is so unprofessional, he must forget we all have screenshot options these days.
    06-20-17 06:15 PM
    a blackberry hood reviewer. sup homes!?
    06-20-17 07:07 PM
    I like a lot of Floss's reviews. He structures his reviews well and covers interesting points. I understand he has a different opinion of the KeyONE then I do. I really like my KeyONE. He doesn't as he has gotten use to using virtual keywords. I don't think his review of the KeyONE is necessarily bad, it's simply not for him. All in all, I really like his videos. As for me, I'm loving every minute of my KeyONE.
    06-21-17 12:35 PM
    I don't mind the opinionated review — it's his personal style, after all, and he makes good points. The one thing that bothers me watching that video is that he keeps dropping, nay!, throwing the phone on the table :P

Do people really treat their phones like that? Lordy. I guess that's why my devices last longer than most people's.

BTW, using both the PKB and the on-screen keyboard is an aberration, Floss! (Profiles, dude. Profiles!)
    Sorry to quote you, "Do people really treat their phones like that?........." On a positive note which there never seems to be too many posted on here, I'm glad that he threw the Keyone around. Why? Because the screen didn't fall out, which no doubt the haters won't be pleased about.... The distinct lack of posts on just that speaks volumes, oh and talking about volume, the speaker on my Keyone works a treat, as do the blue-tooth head phones that I use. Enjoy. :-)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:40 PM
    Sorry to quote you, "Do people really treat their phones like that?........." On a positive note which there never seems to be too many posted on here, I'm glad that he threw the Keyone around. Why? Because the screen didn't fall out, which no doubt the haters won't be pleased about.... The distinct lack of posts on just that speaks volumes, oh and talking about volume, the speaker on my Keyone works a treat, as do the blue-tooth head phones that I use. Enjoy. :-)
    Yea but he got a dud with the dim screen though.

That's important to note because Floss thinks that's how the keyone screen is but it's not, as users have reported their screens were bright and one user even exchanged his and noted a difference in this regard.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 12:48 PM
    The 625 is a decent processor and the 3gb of RAM does OK too. I have a moto Z play droid with the same. I hardly notice lag but yes I do at times especially if I leave a bunch of apps open. It hardly bothers me but I can see where it would someone who is not use to seeing it.

I tried a Samsung S7 before I got this phone. I thought that phone had a lot of lag.
    I second that anecdotal user experience with the Moto Z Play Droid. Quick and smooth 625 processor, though I wouldn't bog it down with too much multitasking, or ask it to handle VR applications. For the KEYᴼᴺᴱ mission, it seems ideal. When I saw Mr. Mobile's initial hands on, I agreed 100% that hardware package is a battery efficient workhorse. In fact I originally thought "If the KEYᴼᴺᴱ is this with a BlackBerry keyboard instead of a slab, it's going to be my driver for a long time."

I also agree the S7 with TouchWiz had more lag at times. Motorola gave a very clean version of Android on the Moto Zs. Am curious if BlackBerry "hardening" of the OS is cause for some lag.

 C L A S S I C • SQC100-3/10.3.3.2205 on Verizon
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-21-17 03:58 PM
    You obviously did not see other videos by flossy. He just throws down the phones like that lol. No phone was ever damaged by him during his reviews.
    06-21-17 04:15 PM
    You obviously did not see other videos by flossy. He just throws down the phones like that lol. No phone was ever damaged by him during his reviews.
    Correct, I've never watched his videos and why would I? I've got my KEYone based on my choice alone. My point again, just in case anyone missed it, was that his KEYone didn't fall apart given how he was handling it. Which must disappoint the haters. I'm not bothered if that's how he treats his other phones but at least he's consistent. Cheers.
    krazyatom and ColinsCity like this.
    06-21-17 05:02 PM
    always enjoy watching Flossy's reviews.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-21-17 05:55 PM

My review is opinionated as well. But not as entertaining, lol.
    krazyatom and ColinsCity like this.
    06-22-17 03:48 PM
    Heh. On OnePlus review he called KEYone a "lagberry" and switched his "business" phone from KEYone to ONePLus5.

There.

Lagberry

Posted via CB10
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-22-17 07:15 PM
    Heh. On OnePlus review he called KEYone a "lagberry" and switched his "business" phone from KEYone to ONePLus5.

There.

Lagberry

Posted via CB10
    I guess if you're really sitting there counting the milliseconds longer one phone takes to do something and that really bothers you, then hey, have fun with that slab. All I know is that even though an app loads 3 milliseconds faster on his phone, it's already loaded on mine while he's still scrolling through pages of app icons because of my keyboard shortcut...
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-22-17 07:50 PM
    Wow you are not the only one? I screenshotted the comments he sent me too on my laptop, he is an irrational person, I didn't even call him out in the first comment I just said how I replaced my iPhone 6 with a Priv and how much I love using my Priv, I even did an app test which these tech guys love so much and found my Priv to open the apps 1 second faster than my iPhone 6 and my Priv only has 3GB of free storage left. He kept calling me stupid and an ***** and that I didn't know anything about technology or business, he has probably deleted his comments to me and my posts but he is an ***** who gets easily triggered like a teenager it's so funny, I thought I was having a conversation with a Twitter troll rather than a phone reviewer, most phone reviewers don't even comment to the criticism and they have less fans than he does, he is so unprofessional, he must forget we all have screenshot options these days.
    Yes he tried to get nasty.. name calling, bragging, etc. I don't buy into that childish banter. I kept calling him out on his flip-flopping and lack of research on the device he used but instead of being a mature adult by saying something like "yeah it's just not for me but it might be exactly what some people need" and "wow you're right I didn't realize it could do that!" He just acted like a trashy teenager. I feel kinda sorry that a 40 year old man with a teenage daughter has such a low self image he needs to compensate by acting that way.
    06-22-17 07:52 PM
    I eliminated lag using developer settings.

Window animation scale set to .5
    Transition animation set to off
    Animation duration set to .5

Also avoid badly designed apps.

I like that reviewers style and he has potential but sadly he let's himself down with his frequent contradictions

Keyone is the best phone iv ever had
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-22-17 08:13 PM
    I eliminated lag using developer settings.

Window animation scale set to .5
    Transition animation set to off
    Animation duration set to .5

Also avoid badly designed apps.

I like that reviewers style and he has potential but sadly he let's himself down with his frequent contradictions

Keyone is the best phone iv ever had
    Out of curiosity, how does doing that affect the day to day use of the phone? I've never made any changes through developer options so I wouldn't have a clue. Does it make a considerable difference in terms of lag reduction (particularly with using the hub etc)?
    06-22-17 11:26 PM
    Out of curiosity, how does doing that affect the day to day use of the phone? I've never made any changes through developer options so I wouldn't have a clue. Does it make a considerable difference in terms of lag reduction (particularly with using the hub etc)?
    Quite honestly I don't think its a particularly laggy device anyway. No more than any other android deviced iv used. The changes just make moving around the phone a bit snappier. Give it a shot, u have nothing to lose.
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    06-23-17 02:20 AM
    Flossy is in the new Samsung S8 commercial airing in the U.S. No White Shoes though...
    06-24-17 11:40 PM
152 ... 4567