Pretty much, he's like "if you whip this thing out, you ain't shuttin' them down." LIke really, who cares? If someone has such a sad life that the specs of the phone is all he can be proud of, sorry but that looks worse for him than it does for you. To actually care about how you would compare with your peers, really, find an actual skill to make yourself feel pride for crying out loud...
    If you want to see something really sad check out one of his "Sunday night savagery" videos where he gets drunk in a dark room for like 4 hours and talks to his YouTube comments (mostly flirting with imaginary ladies as well)
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 10:03 PM
    He was doing that just to compare the opening speeds...
    Thats like complaining about the phone needing to be woken up after it goes to sleep. Pointless.
    06-14-17 10:18 PM
    I don't even turn my screen on
    That's funny! Hey, just keep the phone turned off. That way, zero lag!
    palewhiteninja likes this.
    06-14-17 10:40 PM
    If Marques Brownlee and Floss ever threw down against eachother, my money is on Marques.

Especially in hand to hand combat, there's no question he's got superior reach. I'm pretty sure he plays lacrosse, too.

Floss would be scrambling, trying to find a TASER app on his phone but he would leave his brightness all the way up and have a dead battery. Marques would juke; fake him out - and BAM! Left hook.

The crowd goes wild and everyone gets a free style ring

Posted via CB10
    Mr Mobile would outmanoeuvre them both.

Thats why he's called Mr Mobile.

Manners Maketh.
    06-14-17 10:57 PM
    You're making a big mistake by using your phones like that. They're designed to switch from one already open app to another. It's listed here as one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

Ok so I am suppose to close the app ever? Lol. I am just pointing out why keyboard short cuts are slower than actual clicking app.
    06-14-17 11:02 PM
    I stopped watching the video after the first 3 minutes simply because one cannot express his personal opinion on how a phone should be or what a phone should have.
    Review the phone as it is not as you wish it to be. Everything has + and - but at the end of the day it depends on the buyer if he wants x device or he wants x status on social media because he has the latest and the best.
    Exactly, guy was ripping it apart wtf! All we've seen is how the keyone destroys the priv. And new Samsung, so what's this guy on . The screen I just went to bell and looked at one last weekend and I'd say it's not bad at all...
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 11:50 PM
    It was a reasonable review but I just don't find any lag. Mind you I don't have 1 0 social apps running as I he does and a different launcher.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-15-17 12:42 AM
    Ok so I am suppose to close the app ever? Lol. I am just pointing out why keyboard short cuts are slower than actual clicking app.
    Again: Its not a shortcut if you only use the keyboard to launch an app.

A shortcut is using one press to go 2-4 steps within an app or skipping a step to launch an app. Eg. Speed dial, Email or text a specific person, go to the remember, section of the notes app, go to the traffic data section of google maps, launch driving mode in google maps, activate nfc within your banking app etc.
    Last edited by mikeydodds; 06-15-17 at 05:35 AM.
    specialized888 likes this.
    06-15-17 12:55 AM
    That's the stuff I WOULD want to hear and know.

How could I make an informative purchase without knowing what else is out there or what it's missing from other products in the same price range and category.
    So when youtube was non existent and even when it exited but it wasn't full of know it all ppl, how did you purchase anything? Am I to believe that you didn't purchase at all because someone was't expression his personal opinion about something?
    Ppl are so dependent on internet today that you can rarely find someone who can actually make a decision without watching all the reviews possible and reading the entire internet.
    06-15-17 04:02 AM
    Ppl are so dependent on internet today that you can rarely find someone who can actually make a decision without watching all the reviews possible and reading the entire internet.
    Fake news is definitely getting out of hand. You tube is nowhere near as good as it used to be. Neither is google.
    hoytbowhunter and ColinsCity like this.
    06-15-17 05:39 AM
    Yes, everything is fake. It's fake about all the keyone problems. It's fake it has no problems.
    palewhiteninja and hjc73734 like this.
    06-15-17 06:11 AM

A shortcut is using one press to go 2-4 steps within an app or skipping a step to launch an app. Eg. Speed dial, Email or text a specific person, go to the remember, section of the notes app, go to the traffic data section of google maps, launch driving mode in google maps, activate nfc within your banking app etc.
    So can you please enlighten us on what it should be called when we refer to launching apps using the keyboard after setting the option called "Keyboard shortcuts." Because saying "I really like my launching-an-app-using-a-keyboard-press-or-longpress is just too long. Thanks...
    palewhiteninja likes this.
    06-15-17 07:09 AM

By your definition using the keyboard to launch an app is a shortcut, because it's taking multiple steps to open the app
    06-15-17 10:03 AM
    So when youtube was non existent and even when it exited but it wasn't full of know it all ppl, how did you purchase anything? Am I to believe that you didn't purchase at all because someone was't expression his personal opinion about something?
    How do I purchase anything ? Really you're assuming too much. Obviously I don't base my purchase on ONE YouTube reviewer who throws his phone around a deck. But having his personal opinion does matter and is a valid form of reviewing.

I used magazine reviews. Product reviews on TV. You know other media resources were available.

Have you ever read a car review from a professional car publication such as Car and Driver or MotorTrend? They date back to the stone ages of pre-YouTube. There's persoanl opinions thrown in everywhere. Each editor gave their own feed back on what they liked and didn't like. Consumer Reports magazine would rate household and electronic items and have comparisons to other products in it's price range and lists it's performance relative to others.

Nothing wrong with that.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-15-17 12:18 PM
    As I've posted on a few other threads, my worries about lag -- the flaw that makes the Priv almost unusable -- are the main thing preventing me from going for the K1. This review doesn't make me feel any better.
    06-15-17 12:58 PM
    As I've posted on a few other threads, my worries about lag -- the flaw that makes the Priv almost unusable -- are the main thing preventing me from going for the K1. This review doesn't make me feel any better.
    If you disable bb suite apps, it will be faster. Keyone hardware is fine.
    06-15-17 01:00 PM
    If you disable bb suite apps, it will be faster. Keyone hardware is fine.
    Good to know, but buying a BB phone and disabling the BB apps.... ?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-15-17 01:02 PM
    I don't have one but I wouldn't think the lag would be horrible. I have a phone with same internals but no bb stuff and it's fine most of the time.
    06-15-17 01:06 PM
    The PRIV has the same internals and the lag is beyond horrible. The K1 has 7.0 and other software tweaks which allegedly minimize the problem. But buying a phone meant to be your daily driver for 2 years, which even at launch appears laggy to many users, is pretty risky.
    06-15-17 01:11 PM
    Good to know, but buying a BB phone and disabling the BB apps.... ?
    Unfortunately, snapdragon 625 has limitations. K1 is faster than Priv even though single core is weaker than snapdragon 808. I have 3 other phone with snapdragon 625 and they're definitely faster than k1 because there is no bb suites.
    06-15-17 01:16 PM
    By your definition using the keyboard to launch an app is a shortcut, because it's taking multiple steps to open the app
    A shortcut needs to be shorter than doing something the normal way.

Count steps.
    06-15-17 03:09 PM
    You must have stopped watching somewhere in the beginning because he LOVED the speaker, and he did mention the keyboard shortcuts as one of the best things about the phone.
    He didn't use a keyboard shortcut when he demonstrated what a keyboard shortcut was. He just launched an app.
    He also said he'd owned all the BlackBerry's but doesn't seem to have published any bb10 videos. Came across as a liar to me.

What he said about the speaker was incorrect also.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-15-17 03:14 PM
    He didn't use a keyboard shortcut when he demonstrated what a keyboard shortcut was. He just launched an app.
    He also said he'd owned all the BlackBerry's but doesn't seem to have published any bb10 videos. Came across as a liar to me.

What he said about the speaker was incorrect also.
    You can find really old blackberry reviews he had like 8 years ago lol.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-15-17 03:48 PM
    You can find really old blackberry reviews he had like 8 years ago lol.
    Yep, he also said he loves swype keyboards but didn't seem to realise it works on the qwerty. Strangely very well on the keyone (when compared to the priv)
    He clearly has nfi.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-15-17 04:01 PM
    Yep, he also said he loves swype keyboards but didn't seem to realise it works on the qwerty. Strangely very well on the keyone (when compared to the priv)
    He clearly has nfi.
    He got used to slab phone for so long and he got big hands. Basically, he moved on. PKB is not just for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-15-17 04:11 PM
152 ... 23456 ...