I feel a gb more would have been nice but this experience is better than my previous device the PRIV. The Keyone is special I find it rather snappy even after using my S8+ which is very nice I still go to this device. Why? keyone is just better I pick this device and first even with other options around me. People are going to complain no matter what I say. This phone rocks Dude.
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    06-14-17 05:28 PM
    My interpretation is people who try and use this device like flagship all touches will have problems. There are many features on the keyone that other devices don't have. The keyboards programmable shortcuts, the hub and the productivity tab are the main ones. Qwerty navigation in BlackBerry apps and the keyboard browser speeds things up also.

Users will only see the benefits if they learn how to take advantage of BlackBerry software features.

I personally find other devices too slow. Way too slow. But thats because I'm used to the hub, know how to set it up properly and use shortcuts A lot of shortcuts.

I find it laughable when other people refer to other devices as faster. Perhaps even a little sad.

Touchy subject for me I guess. I don't want to use other devices unless they add BlackBerry productivity features and most of those features don't work without a keyboard. So after all of the bad decisions BlackBerry has made in the last decade i'm stuck hoping this device sells well enough to keep BlackBerry's in the game.

Flossys review is misleading and uninformative in my opinion. As are most of them. Because not many people know how to get the most out of BlackBerry's.

Partly BlackBerry's fault.
    Somehow keyboard short cut has delay. App opens quicker if you press by hand.
    06-14-17 05:31 PM
    I have 3 other phone with snapdragon 625 and they're generally faster than keyone with hub. I am pretty sure if you disable all blackberry software it will be faster.
    Yeah it does seem like a software issue but I guess then my point remains.. Why is it that a BB device can't seem to run the BB suite of apps without some other issue flaring up. It's kind of disappointing. And as i said I've used the suite on other non BB phones without an issue so this is bizarre to me.
    06-14-17 05:32 PM
    Me too...mine is set to zero
    I don't even turn my screen on
    brunibruni likes this.
    06-14-17 05:37 PM
    On that topic, have people noticed the hub lag he refers to? I've seen a few reviewers report that they disabled the hub to reduce general phone lag and Ram hogging. But in doing that what's the point of having a BB device then? :/ im running the hub suite on my mate 9 and haven't noticed anything so to hear that such a drastic measure is needed for a BB device is interesting.
    I feel the same way bro! I have the HUB active with location services on. So far lag is not noticeable as reported by some who use BlackBerry devices and disable it. I am a die hard BlackBerry user and wouldn't dream of it. Very disappointed in CB team that boast about not using it. Boast about disabling all the time. So far nothing like the PRIV. Keyone just motors on.
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    06-14-17 05:38 PM
    Yeah it does seem like a software issue but I guess then my point remains.. Why is it that a BB device can't seem to run the BB suite of apps without some other issue flaring up. It's kind of disappointing. And as i said I've used the suite on other non BB phones without an issue so this is bizarre to me.
    Bb suites works better with higher end devices. If you install bb suites to Oneplus 3T, it's extremely fast. Good example would be Samsung S8 is bit slower than other snapdragon 835 phones due to heavy Samsung software.
    06-14-17 05:41 PM
    On that topic, have people noticed the hub lag he refers to? I've seen a few reviewers report that they disabled the hub to reduce general phone lag and Ram hogging. But in doing that what's the point of having a BB device then? :/ im running the hub suite on my mate 9 and haven't noticed anything so to hear that such a drastic measure is needed for a BB device is interesting.
    Yep, first thing you gotta do when you get your Keyone is go ahead and put Swiftkey on it. Then Nova launcher and then CCleaner (for total ram optimisation). Then after you disable hub, gestures, screen brightness and all that junk, you should be good to go👍
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    06-14-17 05:49 PM
    Bb suites works better with higher end devices. If you install bb suites to Oneplus 3T, it's extremely fast. Good example would be Samsung S8 is bit slower than other snapdragon 835 phones due to heavy Samsung software.
    Yeah this is true. It's so buttery smooth on my Mate 9.
    06-14-17 05:52 PM
    Yep, first thing you gotta do when you get your Keyone is go ahead and put Swiftkey on it. Then Nova launcher and then CCleaner (for total ram optimisation). Then after you disable hub, gestures, screen brightness and all that junk, you should be good to go👍
    sounds reasonable 👍😂
    06-14-17 05:54 PM
    Interesting note, you can swype on the hardware keyboard if you want to trace type on the hardware keys.
    06-14-17 05:56 PM
    Launching an app isn't a shortcut. Going 2-3 steps within an app is (or using the convenience key or swipe gesture to skip going to the home screen). That said I don't encounter the delays you speak of. Unless the app is closed and the phone needs to reboot it.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 06:38 PM
    Launching an app isn't a shortcut. Going 2-3 steps within an app is (or using the convenience key or swipe gesture to skip going to the home screen). That said I don't encounter the delays you speak of. Unless the app is closed and the phone needs to reboot it.
    I assigned "i" as instagram but app opens quicker without keyboard short cut. Of course i killed the app before I compare the results. Anyone else?
    Anel Kapur likes this.
    06-14-17 06:43 PM
    I assigned "i" as instagram but app opens quicker without keyboard short cut. Of course i killed the app before I compare the results. Anyone else?
    That makes sense. I think it has something to do with why it only works in bb launcher

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 07:07 PM
    I was looking forward to this review and it didn't disappoint. The KeyOne seems great from the twenty minutes or so I got to try it in Germany last month however I can't help but wonder if it would have been better for them to wait a few more months until they could release it with the Snapdragon 630 processor (~10% faster cpu/~20% faster gpu than the 625) and 4GB ram. Probably would have done a lot to get rid of any perceived lag people are experiencing.
    06-14-17 08:20 PM
    You're making a big mistake by using your phones like that. They're designed to switch from one already open app to another. It's listed here as one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 09:08 PM
    what lag is he talking about ?
    "You must be lyin'"
    06-14-17 09:11 PM
    When you use flagships from every manufacturer, it's easy to see the lag the Keyone has.
    So it only matters if you're sitting around comparing how many milliseconds things take to load. Damn, now this phone is unusable for me...
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 09:12 PM
    I don't mind the opinionated review — it's his personal style, after all, and he makes good points. The one thing that bothers me watching that video is that he keeps dropping, nay!, throwing the phone on the table :P

Do people really treat their phones like that? Lordy. I guess that's why my devices last longer than most people's.

BTW, using both the PKB and the on-screen keyboard is an aberration, Floss! (Profiles, dude. Profiles!)
    Does that guy strike you to be someone with finesse? Lol
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 09:13 PM
    Yeah. He seemed like a pretty irrational guy who didnt know how to get the most of the device and kept using the popup virtual keyboard instead of giving the qwerty a real chance.

He didn't acknowledge the main reason I and many others own qwerty BlackBerry's either. Shortcuts.

He just seemed to ignore all the productivity features and thinks the only reason to buy the keyone is security.

And he's wrong about the speaker. It's not bad, and plenty good enough but it's a disappointment compared to the passport. Bring back BlackBerry sound. The front facing speaker on the priv looked like it was going to go next level.
    You must have stopped watching somewhere in the beginning because he LOVED the speaker, and he did mention the keyboard shortcuts as one of the best things about the phone.
    06-14-17 09:18 PM
    I'm not getting that. Weird. Do you have an app that intercepts the keyboard input or anything like buttons remapper or something?
    06-14-17 09:26 PM
    I was looking forward to this review and it didn't disappoint. The KeyOne seems great from the twenty minutes or so I got to try it in Germany last month however I can't help but wonder if it would have been better for them to wait a few more months until they could release it with the Snapdragon 630 processor (~10% faster cpu/~20% faster gpu than the 625) and 4GB ram. Probably would have done a lot to get rid of any perceived lag people are experiencing.
    Wait a few more months??? Some people here on these forums would have lost their heads by then! Lol
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-17 09:30 PM
    You're making a big mistake by using your phones like that. They're designed to switch from one already open app to another. It's listed here as one of the biggest mistakes you can make.

He was doing that just to compare the opening speeds...
    06-14-17 09:31 PM
    I find him very entertaining but I can't take his reviews very seriously. He's like a teenager going after the shiniest flashiest thing that will make him look cool in front of his peers. Can't fault him for that though, that's his thing.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 09:41 PM
    I find him very entertaining but I can't take his reviews very seriously. He's like a teenager going after the shiniest flashiest thing that will make him look cool in front of his peers. Can't fault him for that though, that's his thing.
    Pretty much, he's like "if you whip this thing out, you ain't shuttin' them down." LIke really, who cares? If someone has such a sad life that the specs of the phone is all he can be proud of, sorry but that looks worse for him than it does for you. To actually care about how you would compare with your peers, really, find an actual skill to make yourself feel pride for crying out loud...
    Xmeatizmurderx and ColinsCity like this.
    06-14-17 09:46 PM
    If Marques Brownlee and Floss ever threw down against eachother, my money is on Marques.

Especially in hand to hand combat, there's no question he's got superior reach. I'm pretty sure he plays lacrosse, too.

Floss would be scrambling, trying to find a TASER app on his phone but he would leave his brightness all the way up and have a dead battery. Marques would juke; fake him out - and BAM! Left hook.

The crowd goes wild and everyone gets a free style ring

Posted via CB10
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 09:58 PM
152 12345 ...