Every review should have a personal opinion to it, otherwise we'd just get what each phone has, and not how the phone worked for that particular person. To me that would be an enormous waste of time because without personal opinion it's basically just reading a spec sheet. You might not agree with the opinion given, but it's still valuable hearing how someone feels about a particular device.
    The problem arises when people review things they don't bother to learn or get used to.
    chefcenko likes this.
    06-14-17 07:14 AM
    That contradicts many opinions opinions on here. That's like saying, which you have said before, that the Priv has no lag, which it most certainly does.
    I never said they Priv doesn't have lag?! Never did I say that, now it does better by clearing cache but the Priv lags as bad as much 5x.. So where your getting I said that is false. As for the KEYone I don't have any lag at all. My wife also owns the V20 and has asked my the KEYone is smoother then hers, she's now waiting on a KEYone and going to put her v20 away.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 07:14 AM
    But either way the reviewer has his opinions and whatever he likes is up to him, it's his money. As for my I'll stick to my 🔑1
    06-14-17 07:18 AM
    I was eagerly anticipating his review as well and while I knew there would be things that he 'didn't like' I have to say I am a bit disappointed to hear him make a few points about the KEYone. I fall into the 'business user' demographic he talks about but I utilise a lot of social media as a marketing tool. I found that going from the Note 5 to the DTEK60 ended up agitating me after a few months because even multi tasking with that phone I noticed considerable lag. I guess I've joined the 'wish they included a better processor and more ram (I gladly would've paid more for it)' brigade.

🤔😧
    06-14-17 07:32 AM
    I was eagerly anticipating his review as well and while I knew there would be things that he 'didn't like' I have to say I am a bit disappointed to hear him make a few points about the KEYone. I fall into the 'business user' demographic he talks about but I utilise a lot of social media as a marketing tool. I found that going from the Note 5 to the DTEK60 ended up agitating me after a few months because even multi tasking with that phone I noticed considerable lag. I guess I've joined the 'wish they included a better processor and more ram (I gladly would've paid more for it)' brigade.

🤔😧
    The SD625 is great, don't let this review turn you away, the KEYone is great. I wish all my phones were SD625 now because it's so much more productive.
    06-14-17 07:56 AM
    The SD625 is great, don't let this review turn you away, the KEYone is great. I wish all my phones were SD625 now because it's so much more productive.
    What do you make of this 'lag factor' that people keep talking about? It sucks that here in Australia we don't have any ability to test them out. I would've been better at ease if I was able to determine myself. As I said, was a bit burnt by the DTEK
    Last edited by Anel Kapur; 06-14-17 at 08:18 AM.
    06-14-17 07:59 AM
    The 625 is a decent processor and the 3gb of RAM does OK too. I have a moto Z play droid with the same. I hardly notice lag but yes I do at times especially if I leave a bunch of apps open. It hardly bothers me but I can see where it would someone who is not use to seeing it.

I tried a Samsung S7 before I got this phone. I thought that phone had a lot of lag.
    06-14-17 09:33 AM
    ...A review is always going to be based on some personal opinion of what that reviewer thinks of the device they are reviewing. ...
    A phone isn't an inherently subjective topic such as fictional novel or movie where we expect a review to be mostly opinion.

An electronic device such as a phone has measurable and directly comparable features and is normally reviewed with more objectivity as "an act of carefully looking at or examining the quality or condition of something or someone, an examination or inspection."

Then there's the difference between information and entertainment.
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-14-17 09:51 AM
    A phone isn't an inherently subjective topic such as fictional novel or movie where we expect a review to be mostly opinion.

An electronic device such as a phone has measurable and directly comparable features and is normally reviewed with more objectivity as "an act of carefully looking at or examining the quality or condition of something or someone, an examination or inspection."
    So it should be put up against other phones in measurable test?
    06-14-17 09:57 AM
    I love the review. it's his opinion. I think his main issue (not his only issue btw) is that he just doesn't want to use a pkb. Given that there is honestly zero rationale for buyng this phone unless a pkb is a priority, it seems obvious that his review would be overall a negative one.
    TGR1 likes this.
    06-14-17 11:37 AM
    I love the review. it's his opinion. I think his main issue (not his only issue btw) is that he just doesn't want to use a pkb. Given that there is honestly zero rationale for buyng this phone unless a pkb is a priority, it seems obvious that his review would be overall a negative one.
    That and battery life but there are other phones with great battery life.
    06-14-17 11:42 AM
    Lags on phones isn't anything new. Back when I used an iPhone 5, it would lag as well! Maybe it's because I currently use a Classic, but I feel like I don't use many apps. And even if I did, I'm one of those OCD people who have to close every app once I'm done using it... it won't sit idly open eating away at my battery and my data.
    ColinsCity likes this.
    06-14-17 11:59 AM
    What I wouldn't want to hear is:
    1. the reception could be improved because my x phone had better signal and I had more bars and bla bla bla
    2. the camera lacks IOS and for me that is a big big minus since this phone was 600 $
    3. compared to the old BB the keyboard wells low quality and the keys feel like they are from cheap plastic
    That's the stuff I WOULD want to hear and know.

How could I make an informative purchase without knowing what else is out there or what it's missing from other products in the same price range and category.
    06-14-17 12:15 PM
    What do you make of this 'lag factor' that people keep talking about? It sucks that here in Australia we don't have any ability to test them out. I would've been better at ease if I was able to determine myself. As I said, was a bit burnt by the DTEK
    Well I don't have any lag on the keyone so I honestly don't know what people's talking about I've got over a hundred something apps and it don't like whatsoever so I don't know if somebody has too many apps or what's going on but I don't have a problem
    06-14-17 12:46 PM
    I too was looking forward to Floss' review and was more worried about him sharing a screen-popping-off experience than anything else. Thankfully, he never had that problem and actually addressed it in the comments section when someone mentioned the JerryRigsEverything video. His response was that those type of durability tests aren't realistic.

As for his negative review, I'm actually okay with it because he didn't go out of his way to slam the BlackBerry brand. It simply boiled down to the fact that he's moved on from from the PKB and prefers typing on glass. You can also tell that he would still be willing to give a KEYtwo a shot if BB/TCL beefed up the specs significantly to compete with other flagship devices.

My only complaint with his review was the lack of White Shoes... except for the pics that he took with the camera!
    kbz1960 and specialized888 like this.
    06-14-17 12:58 PM
    I never said they Priv doesn't have lag?! Never did I say that, now it does better by clearing cache but the Priv lags as bad as much 5x.. So where your getting I said that is false. As for the KEYone I don't have any lag at all. My wife also owns the V20 and has asked my the KEYone is smoother then hers, she's now waiting on a KEYone and going to put her v20 away.
    I think he's comparing with faster phones like oneplus 3T. I too felt keyone was little slow for me. I wish it had snapdragon 835.
    06-14-17 01:04 PM

I had both dtek60 and Keyone. If dtek60 feels laggy, you're probably not going to enjoy Keyone. I personally like google pixel, oneplus 3T. They actually feels butter smooth!
    06-14-17 01:11 PM
    Fair review. Disappointed that White Shoes has the day off.
    krazyatom and specialized888 like this.
    06-14-17 01:59 PM
    I have my brightness set down to zero! I don't know how he manages at 100!! and screen mode warm I jumping from different resolutions, screen tech, can be hard on my eyes but I find this display to be very bright too bright even!
    Me too...mine is set to zero
    06-14-17 03:20 PM
    His points are valid, I disabled the productivity app and swipe up widgets and I do notice the lag although not much. I can imagine there be more lag with everything turned on.

The finger fatigue he talks about is also there and I have small hands however I still prefer it to the annoyances I feel when I type on glass. I guess some people don't get annoyed with on screen keyboards like I do.

All in all I love my keyone because of the keyboard, battery and all the shortcuts but coming from a Oneplus X with a snapdragon 801 the keyone is not any faster, it actually feels slower at times. The verdict remains that if a physical keyboard is not your priority then there are phones out there with better specs and better price.
    kbz1960 and Alain_A like this.
    06-14-17 03:56 PM
    On that topic, have people noticed the hub lag he refers to? I've seen a few reviewers report that they disabled the hub to reduce general phone lag and Ram hogging. But in doing that what's the point of having a BB device then? :/ im running the hub suite on my mate 9 and haven't noticed anything so to hear that such a drastic measure is needed for a BB device is interesting.
    06-14-17 05:05 PM
    On that topic, have people noticed the hub lag he refers to? I've seen a few reviewers report that they disabled the hub to reduce general phone lag and Ram hogging. But in doing that what's the point of having a BB device then? :/ im running the hub suite on my mate 9 and haven't noticed anything so to hear that such a drastic measure is needed for a BB device is interesting.
    I have 3 other phone with snapdragon 625 and they're generally faster than keyone with hub. I am pretty sure if you disable all blackberry software it will be faster.
    06-14-17 05:13 PM
    I'm not really clear what the reviewers have been referring to either. Maybe they have an extensive amount of accounts? Flossy sure seems to have quite a social media presence, perhaps that's the lag he's experiencing?

I agree, part of the BlackBerry experience is the Hub. Maybe these reviewers don't see a necessity for the Hub and anything that slows down a device is a negative?
    06-14-17 05:15 PM
    Good review.
    06-14-17 05:25 PM
    My interpretation is people who try and use this device like flagship all touches will have problems. There are many features on the keyone that other devices don't have. The keyboards programmable shortcuts, the hub and the productivity tab are the main ones. Qwerty navigation in BlackBerry apps and the keyboard browser speeds things up also.

Users will only see the benefits if they learn how to take advantage of BlackBerry software features.

I personally find other devices too slow. Way too slow. But thats because I'm used to the hub, know how to set it up properly and use shortcuts A lot of shortcuts.

I find it laughable when other people refer to other devices as faster. Perhaps even a little sad.

Touchy subject for me I guess. I don't want to use other devices unless they add BlackBerry productivity features and most of those features don't work without a keyboard. So after all of the bad decisions BlackBerry has made in the last decade i'm stuck hoping this device sells well enough to keep BlackBerry's in the game.

Flossys review is misleading and uninformative in my opinion. As are most of them. Because not many people know how to get the most out of BlackBerry's.

Partly BlackBerry's fault.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 05:25 PM
152 1234 ...