krazyatom likes this.
    06-14-17 12:00 AM
    Are the white shoes on deck?
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-14-17 12:01 AM
    what lag is he talking about ?
    06-14-17 12:07 AM
    what lag is he talking about ?
    When you use flagships from every manufacturer, it's easy to see the lag the Keyone has.
    06-14-17 12:16 AM
    The lag is there if you don't clear off the the recent apps or reboot for a few days. Also it depends on what apps you have installed.

However his opinion isn't bad. The phone is not for everyone and has some flaws. A little more RAM and better processor would have made it more appealing.
    06-14-17 12:28 AM
    I stopped watching the video after the first 3 minutes simply because one cannot express his personal opinion on how a phone should be or what a phone should have.
    Review the phone as it is not as you wish it to be. Everything has + and - but at the end of the day it depends on the buyer if he wants x device or he wants x status on social media because he has the latest and the best.
    06-14-17 04:22 AM
    I don't mind the opinionated review — it's his personal style, after all, and he makes good points. The one thing that bothers me watching that video is that he keeps dropping, nay!, throwing the phone on the table :P

Do people really treat their phones like that? Lordy. I guess that's why my devices last longer than most people's.

BTW, using both the PKB and the on-screen keyboard is an aberration, Floss! (Profiles, dude. Profiles!)
    06-14-17 05:06 AM
    He loved the speaker though, which I believe is not that great.
    chefcenko likes this.
    06-14-17 05:09 AM
    I stopped watching the video after the first 3 minutes simply because one cannot express his personal opinion on how a phone should be or what a phone should have.
    Review the phone as it is not as you wish it to be. Everything has + and - but at the end of the day it depends on the buyer if he wants x device or he wants x status on social media because he has the latest and the best.
    Yeah I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. A review is always going to be based on some personal opinion of what that reviewer thinks of the device they are reviewing. That's why its called a review.
    phuoc, hjc73734 and TGR1 like this.
    06-14-17 05:10 AM
    Good review. Obviously he has used a lot of phones and it isn't for him. It isn't a top of the line phone but neither is mine and that's OK. Sounds like he likes and wants the latest and greatest. Everyone has their own priorities.
    stevepar likes this.
    06-14-17 05:38 AM
    I have my brightness set down to zero! I don't know how he manages at 100!! and screen mode warm I jumping from different resolutions, screen tech, can be hard on my eyes but I find this display to be very bright too bright even!
    06-14-17 05:58 AM
    I disagree. I want a reviewer to list their pros and cons as a review is their opinion on a device. I don't want a "review" that is just a hype piece.
    kbz1960, phuoc and TGR1 like this.
    06-14-17 06:13 AM
    Spot on!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-17 06:15 AM
    Yeah I'm sorry but this doesn't make any sense to me. A review is always going to be based on some personal opinion of what that reviewer thinks of the device they are reviewing. That's why its called a review.
    Well that is the problem isn't it, somewhere along the way, doing a review and actually reviewing the phone became the reviewers personal opinions, suggestions and expectations (and because it's over internet everyone is a critic and has something to say)

A proper review should be (from my point of view):
    1. buy the phone and use it for at least 2 weeks as your main phone
    2. try to use what the phone has as pluses compared to other phones aside from the rest of the features
    3. draw a conclusion based on your usage and point your experience with the phone
    4. don't add any bull**** comments that, this could have been better and that could have been better, just tell the ppl that watch your experience with the phone, nothing more nor less

When you do a review you do it on facts and on what the product has not on what it should have because other products in the same range have it, not all ppl have the same life style so while some view an IP68 certification as a must, others really don't care about it.
    There is another problem, everyone that watches a review expects to see what they are interested to know and what they want to find out, so each person has different expectations related to reviews BUT a proper and professional review will do just that review the product without additional comments and feelings of the user. If I'm a super fan of Asus I can review a product in such a way that most viewers will want that product because it's the best, while the truth being far from it (this also works the other way around, you can make a negative review while the product is actually good).
    mrisad likes this.
    06-14-17 06:30 AM
    I disagree. I want a reviewer to list their pros and cons as a review is their opinion on a device. I don't want a "review" that is just a hype piece.
    So basically you will end up buying a device based on the reviewers opinions not based on the actually device. Again the problem here is the end user, because most end users are a bit dumb technology wise (they don't know and understand the difference between a rooted device and unrooted device, this was just an example) and they can't draw their on conclusion based on a review that does just that, reviews a product.
    For example if I watch a review of a phone and the person that does the review says that the phone supports only 64GB cards I don't expect to hear his personal opinion that if you want more space than you shouldn't get the phone, it's obvious that if you need more space the phone will not do.
    06-14-17 06:41 AM
    The lag is there if you don't clear off the the recent apps or reboot for a few days. Also it depends on what apps you have installed.

However his opinion isn't bad. The phone is not for everyone and has some flaws. A little more RAM and better processor would have made it more appealing.
    A better processor would have made it a paper weight by 3pm.
    06-14-17 06:42 AM
    Well that is the problem isn't it, somewhere along the way, doing a review and actually reviewing the phone became the reviewers personal opinions, suggestions and expectations (and because it's over internet everyone is a critic and has something to say)

A proper review should be (from my point of view):
    1. buy the phone and use it for at least 2 weeks as your main phone
    2. try to use what the phone has as pluses compared to other phones aside from the rest of the features
    3. draw a conclusion based on your usage and point your experience with the phone
    4. don't add any bull**** comments that, this could have been better and that could have been better, just tell the ppl that watch your experience with the phone, nothing more nor less

When you do a review you do it on facts and on what the product has not on what it should have because other products in the same range have it, not all ppl have the same life style so while some view an IP68 certification as a must, others really don't care about it.
    There is another problem, everyone that watches a review expects to see what they are interested to know and what they want to find out, so each person has different expectations related to reviews BUT a proper and professional review will do just that review the product without additional comments and feelings of the user. If I'm a super fan of Asus I can review a product in such a way that most viewers will want that product because it's the best, while the truth being far from it (this also works the other way around, you can make a negative review while the product is actually good).
    What good is a review if it doesn't have the reviewers personal opinion? You might as well just read a specs sheet of the phone? Based on your expectations of a review we'd only hear:

It has a keyboard
    It has a camera
    It runs Android

Similar to a movie review. It's not a description of what it is, but how the film made the other person feel or their opinion on it. Other wise we'd be reading the same thing over and over for each review.

Every review should have a personal opinion to it, otherwise we'd just get what each phone has, and not how the phone worked for that particular person. To me that would be an enormous waste of time because without personal opinion it's basically just reading a spec sheet. You might not agree with the opinion given, but it's still valuable hearing how someone feels about a particular device.
    hjc73734 and TGR1 like this.
    06-14-17 06:46 AM
    A better processor would have made it a paper weight by 3pm.
    Nope they could use 835 instead of last year's 825. They waited, could have easily done that.

But extra RAM would be very welcome.
    06-14-17 06:47 AM
    He's right. The phone isn't for everyone and it's a good to great phone for those the love a PKB and don't need the best screen, processor and 10gb of RAM.

Sure reviewers are bias to their own opinions. I'd rather hear that than someone who is a fanboy of whatever products and finds not fault whatsoever in it.
    06-14-17 06:50 AM
    What good is a review if it doesn't have the reviewers personal opinion? You might as well just read a specs sheet of the phone? Based on your expectations of a review we'd only hear:

It has a keyboard
    It has a camera
    It runs Android

Similar to a movie review. It's not a description of what it is, but how the film made the other person feel or their opinion on it. Other wise we'd be reading the same thing over and over for each review.

Every review should have a personal opinion to it, otherwise we'd just get what each phone has, and not how the phone worked for that particular person. To me that would be an enormous waste of time because without personal opinion it's basically just reading a spec sheet. You might not agree with the opinion given, but it's still valuable hearing how someone feels about a particular device.
    Based on my expectation you'd hear that:
    1. the reception in the past weeks was good and I had data coverage wherever I went but the signal wasn't as strong as my previous phone
    2. the camera does good low light pictures but there is no IOS and you have to be really still to have god shots
    3. the keyboard feels cramped and the keys are mushy and not very responsive

What I wouldn't want to hear is:
    1. the reception could be improved because my x phone had better signal and I had more bars and bla bla bla
    2. the camera lacks IOS and for me that is a big big minus since this phone was 600 $
    3. compared to the old BB the keyboard wells low quality and the keys feel like they are from cheap plastic

Each person is entitled to his own opinion and I feel like this discussion could go on for pages and ages, simply because we are writing and not talking and you have a strong opinion about what you expect from reviews and I have one as well.
    To be honest your comparison of phone reviews and movie reviews is like a comparison between an apple and a bucket of paint, they have nothing to do with each other.
    Either way all reviews are done in this matter so it really doesn't matter what I think since most ppl like this kind of reviews.
    06-14-17 06:56 AM
    When you use flagships from every manufacturer, it's easy to see the lag the Keyone has.
    I own several flagships, the LG G5 v20 G6 and the Nexus 5x and 6P Samsung S5,6,7 and the KEYone is smoother then them all, the KEYone doesn't have any lag so this video is total bs..
    DolemiteDONS and rx8er like this.
    06-14-17 06:58 AM
    Yeah. He seemed like a pretty irrational guy who didnt know how to get the most of the device and kept using the popup virtual keyboard instead of giving the qwerty a real chance.

He didn't acknowledge the main reason I and many others own qwerty BlackBerry's either. Shortcuts.

He just seemed to ignore all the productivity features and thinks the only reason to buy the keyone is security.

And he's wrong about the speaker. It's not bad, and plenty good enough but it's a disappointment compared to the passport. Bring back BlackBerry sound. The front facing speaker on the priv looked like it was going to go next level.
    tmoore3496 likes this.
    06-14-17 07:10 AM
    I own several flagships, the LG G5 v20 G6 and the Nexus 5x and 6P Samsung S5,6,7 and the KEYone is smoother then them all, the KEYone doesn't have any lag so this video is total bs..
    That contradicts many opinions opinions on here. That's like saying, which you have said before, that the Priv has no lag, which it most certainly does.
    That was an awesome review. I like the communicator bit oo, hilarious!
    But as to the device, seems I'm keeping my Passport for as long as I can.
    It's interesting to hear the same issues time and time again.
    More interesting is that for all the slamming on that table the screen didn't pop out.
    The reviewers main point was what we all have said in the past, go top of the line, but again, BB sounds like it gave into its conservative side.

Posted via CB10
152 123 ...