You guys hijacked my fun positive for BlackBerry thread
    02-28-17 02:11 PM
    You guys hijacked my fun positive for BlackBerry thread
    Isn't that's most of CrackBerry's threads? Like some guys going into the Android threads derailing it with some BB10 mourning crap?
    02-28-17 02:34 PM
    Isn't that's most of CrackBerry's threads? Like some guys going into the Android threads derailing it with some BB10 mourning crap?
    When is 10.3.4 coming?

Like that ^
    ppeters914 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    02-28-17 02:52 PM
    He asked me if I saw the new BlackBerry and if I was going to buy one. I said ya, I think so and he replied with "good, or I'd have to buy one" hahaha which is odd cuz he's never owned a BlackBerry phone. He has a Samsung S7 Edge that he got recently and samsung previous and iphone and some sort of chocolate slider phone I think?

Hahaha I dunno it was just weird to hear someone who's not a BlackBerry person say the phone looks cool and they want one.

I think ppl are finally done with the slabs and phablets.
    It's getting quite a bit of press, it was on CBS morning show yesterday. As long as it runs great out of the gate, BB might be surprised at the new BB buyers!
    02-28-17 02:52 PM
    When is 10.3.4 coming?

Like that ^
    Hahahaha exactly
    02-28-17 02:56 PM
    I think the K1 will have lots of takers. A version without physical keys is next. Even if it replicates build quality of the K1 (which looks very good) it should come in cheaper because of the absence of a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    You already have a PKB-less KEYone; it's called the DTEK60.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-28-17 03:01 PM
    You already have a PKB-less KEYone; it's called the DTEK60.
    I think he means with the silver top and dimensions maybe? Wouldn't be called a KEY anything cuz it has none sooooo, ya get the DTEK anyone hahahah

No ones ever happy with what they have. It's always oh what's next and better?
    02-28-17 04:43 PM
    I think he means with the silver top and dimensions maybe? Wouldn't be called a KEY anything cuz it has none sooooo, ya get the DTEK anyone hahahah

Human greed and desire is what drives society forward. Economics, advances in technology, everything.
    02-28-17 04:50 PM
    I just meant that as they do give people breaks. 30 wasn't meant as an exact figure. With that said, either way US carrier pricing is peanuts compared to here. That's 110 you pay for 4 lines is what I pay a month for one line. Mind you that is unlimited data.
    Um, doesn't this translate to $110 for 4 lines + $80 ($20/line access fee) = $190/month?
    02-28-17 04:51 PM
    Keyone is definitely better looking than Priv. It is a beautiful phone
    02-28-17 04:56 PM

Perhaps, but I've never bought a device purely based on styling; only what it can do for me. Take the PKB off and what do you have basically, if not stylistically? A DTEK60.

In fact, although I'm reluctant to jump in to the Android pool just yet, I'd rather have a DTEK60 than a KEYone despite the fact I much prefer a PKB to a VKB.
    02-28-17 04:59 PM
    Exactly this. It's not like the US where you get like $30 off your bill with your own phone. Carriers don't really do much for byod to them here in Canada.
    Telus just took my loyalty $80, with a $15 tablet addon and discounted it to $61 + $5 off contract now that my contract is done. So instead of $95, I'm at $66. Not sure what I would get yet if I bought a phone on contract again (I don't plan too), but I doubt I'm getting the K1 at that price.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 05:35 PM
    That's with 3 GB data for my Passport SE and DTEK50 tablet (I just use data on it)

Posted via CB10
    02-28-17 05:37 PM
    Um, doesn't this translate to $110 for 4 lines + $80 ($20/line access fee) = $190/month?
    Yes you are correct. I didn't take the activation into account. With that said, cost in the US are still much much lower.
    02-28-17 06:58 PM
    Human greed and desire is what drives society forward. Economics, advances in technology, everything.
    I get that. There's a point where no one is happy in the present n miss a lot because they think better is coming. Is what I was getting at
    02-28-17 07:37 PM
    Hahaha I dunno it was just weird to hear someone who's not a BlackBerry person say the phone looks cool and they want one.
    I must say that is kinda impressive. I have yet to hear that on a non-BlackBerry person, well most of the time all I hear is "I would love to have a BlackBerry.. as a backup phone."
    03-01-17 07:58 AM
    Hopefully there are many individuals out there such as your brother who feel the same way. I think that we are at a time where everyone is becoming tired of everything seemingly being the same. The reality, at least to me, is that phones generally give you the same experience. The nuances between phones are so incremental. They generally provide you with the same thing. This is where I feel the KEYone, with its PKB, is different.
    DolemiteDONS likes this.
    03-01-17 08:06 AM
    I think the K1 will have lots of takers. A version without physical keys is next. Even if it replicates build quality of the K1 (which looks very good) it should come in cheaper because of the absence of a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I bet that the keyboard adds between 5 to 10 dollars in manufacturing cost. PKB folks maybe willing to pay more for the device because no one else makes a PKB

Posted via CB10
    zman12000 likes this.
    03-01-17 08:09 AM
    I think you're really only talking about Wind (Freedom) here. Public Mobile was bought by Telus and uses the Telus network. Mobilicity was bought by Rogers and basically no longer exists as a brand. All other flanker brands just use one of the Big 3 networks.
    My experience is that Koodo actually has better coverage than Rogers. But I'm ditching my personal Koodo line and will take that number in to be my work number which is Rogers. I have to make some savings. If Rogers gives me one dollar of grief over this change I'll pay them off and go Telus; Rogers is on strike 3 for me.
    03-01-17 09:11 AM
    I bet that the keyboard adds between 5 to 10 dollars in manufacturing cost. PKB folks maybe willing to pay more for the device because no one else makes a PKB

Posted via CB10
    Capacitive keyboard with integrated fingerprint scanner? Also factoring in research and development costs since it's not simply glueing some screen bought from some manufacturer?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-01-17 11:19 AM
    Capacitive keyboard with integrated fingerprint scanner? Also factoring in research and development costs since it's not simply glueing some screen bought from some manufacturer?

I am assuming that the costs of the scanner would be the same as on a slab phone. Yes there would be some R and D costs but they should be amortized over all of the sales of that device and even some future devices.

Yes there are marginal costs and R and D but not so much that a PKB phone would cost a lot more than other simple phones. The mark up on flagship phones are much higher than on the lower cost phones.
    03-01-17 11:30 AM
    Just an FYI I'm liking your guys posts, but for some reason lately they aren't showing up? At least I can't see what was liked or thanked
    03-01-17 12:47 PM
    I am assuming that the costs of the scanner would be the same as on a slab phone. Yes there would be some R and D costs but they should be amortized over all of the sales of that device and even some future devices.

Yes there are marginal costs and R and D but not so much that a PKB phone would cost a lot more than other simple phones. The mark up on flagship phones are much higher than on the lower cost phones.
    Actually R&D usually factors a considerable amount into product costs for consumers... If you don't charge more for something you spent money on r&d for than something you don't need to, then who in their right mind would ever put any money into r&d, ever?

03-01-17 12:51 PM
    Actually R&D usually factors a considerable amount into product costs for consumers... If you don't charge more for something you spent money on r&d for than something you don't need to, then who in their right mind would ever put any money into r&d, ever?

Generally , I agree. Apple and Samsung spend huge amounts that they recoup with higher prices.

We are referring to the KEYone here. Some or if not most of the R and D was spent by BlackBerry and not TLC. ( speculation) . Regardless, we are talking mainly about additional costs related to a PKB vs a VKB. The costs are not nothing but they are probably not responsible for the high purchase price. I suspect that the main factor are lower sales volumes resulting in higher costs per unit.

I think that as an introductory model, BlackBerry Mobile ought to offer inducements and a lower price.
    03-01-17 04:16 PM
    He asked me if I saw the new BlackBerry and if I was going to buy one. I said ya, I think so and he replied with "good, or I'd have to buy one" hahaha which is odd cuz he's never owned a BlackBerry phone. He has a Samsung S7 Edge that he got recently and samsung previous and iphone and some sort of chocolate slider phone I think?

I think ppl are finally done with the slabs and phablets.
    Clearly not enough to buy one regardless if their brother will buy one or not.
    I'm sorry but are you like Siamese twins, why would one not want to buy something solely because one's brother already gets one. Doesn't make any sense to me. This is one of the reasons why BB sales are poor. People find them "cool" and what not but in the end don't put their money on the table.

Same thing happened with the Priv. If I got a dollar every time someone said how "cool" my phone is, that they miss their BB's and that they will get one too, I'd have 1k in my pocket right now. In the end, all those people did not purchase.

Honestly, it's all jabber and locker room talk which will lead to nowhere.
    03-01-17 04:39 PM
50 12