So what my thread title says. I got it on contract from Carphone Warehouse (UK) in July 2017 on contract and the contract will finish in 2019 March. The recent, home buttons etc light up but nothing on display since it's falling apart, hanging by a thread. Oh and I woke up this morning to see it had come off by itself, forgot to mention that.

My question is: Do i contact CPW or Blackberry themselves to fix it?? If so, what number do i ring? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance too all replies.

- Fes
    10-24-18 10:29 AM
    Contact info is at blackberrymobile.com
    Call the appropriate Hotline for your region, should be covered still since was a known issue from the first batch
    10-24-18 10:34 AM
    Contact info is at blackberrymobile.com
    Call the appropriate Hotline for your region, should be covered still since was a known issue from the first batch
    Thank you!

OK, will do and thank you. I see, that's good to hear.
    10-24-18 11:53 AM
    Thank you!

OK, will do and thank you. I see, that's good to hear.
    OK, so I rang them and they took down my details and sent me email with information to send the phone off. So fingers crossed they fix it free of charge.
    10-24-18 12:50 PM
    OK, so I rang them and they took down my details and sent me email with information to send the phone off. So fingers crossed they fix it free of charge.
    Same thing finally happened to my KEYone two days ago. I was one of the "lucky ones" that was able to get it from Amazon last May. From reading these forums, I knew it was just a matter of "when" , not if it fell out or separated. Anyhow, even though it's beyond the warranty period, Blackberry rep stated they were aware of the known issue on the early models. So, after the phone call and a few emails, and a hold of $440.00 on my credit card, a replacement should be here on Monday. My KEYone model is BBB100-1, PRD 63116-001
    FF22 likes this.
    10-24-18 11:15 PM
    So what my thread title says. I got it on contract from Carphone Warehouse (UK) in July 2017 on contract and the contract will finish in 2019 March. The recent, home buttons etc light up but nothing on display since it's falling apart, hanging by a thread. Oh and I woke up this morning to see it had come off by itself, forgot to mention that.

My question is: Do i contact CPW or Blackberry themselves to fix it?? If so, what number do i ring? PLEASE HELP!

Thanks in advance too all replies.

- Fes
    CPW. That's who your contract is with. In UK, it's up to the retailer to sort out the problem and you have a good case for saying that the fault was present at time of sale.
    10-25-18 06:19 AM
    Same thing finally happened to my KEYone two days ago. I was one of the "lucky ones" that was able to get it from Amazon last May. From reading these forums, I knew it was just a matter of "when" , not if it fell out or separated. Anyhow, even though it's beyond the warranty period, Blackberry rep stated they were aware of the known issue on the early models. So, after the phone call and a few emails, and a hold of $440.00 on my credit card, a replacement should be here on Monday. My KEYone model is BBB100-1, PRD 63116-001
    Oh, that's bad! I can picture how you felt! Same here, I was happy that mine never fell out and after 1 and a half year it falls out lol. I see. When you say, "and a hold of $440.00 on my credit card" do you mean had to pay for a new one? Sorry if I sound stupid, just really upset about my phone lol and I'm sending it off today so good luck to me. Ah, mine is the BB100-2, don't know what the PRD is or where with my phone? So since mine is the 2nd model, will they still fix it then?
    10-25-18 07:17 AM
    CPW. That's who your contract is with. In UK, it's up to the retailer to sort out the problem and you have a good case for saying that the fault was present at time of sale.
    Oh, well I contacted Blackberry because of the 1st reply I got in this thread and they said to send it to them via instructions in an email like how Sony do it. And since I have til next year when the contract finishes, they should do it for free right?
    10-25-18 07:19 AM
    Oh, that's bad! I can picture how you felt! Same here, I was happy that mine never fell out and after 1 and a half year it falls out lol. I see. When you say, "and a hold of $440.00 on my credit card" do you mean had to pay for a new one? Sorry if I sound stupid, just really upset about my phone lol and I'm sending it off today so good luck to me. Ah, mine is the BB100-2, don't know what the PRD is or where with my phone? So since mine is the 2nd model, will they still fix it then?
    They put a credit card hold in case they don't get a device back. If they do, the hold is released.
    10-25-18 08:40 AM
    Oh, well I contacted Blackberry because of the 1st reply I got in this thread and they said to send it to them via instructions in an email like how Sony do it. And since I have til next year when the contract finishes, they should do it for free right?
    With an issue like this, you would have to go through BBMo. If you went through CPW, they may just make you wait without a phone until you get the fixed/replaced device back. Because it's a factory defect, BBMo may fix it for free. They technically don't have to since you had through the first year of ownership, but from my understanding they're honoring any display fixes for this defect for now. When that'll end, I'm not sure.

I had one I bought from Amazon, a first-batch K1, and the display fell off too. It happened within a month of ownership, though. I ended up returning it since I wouldn't be able to get a corrected K1 for another month.
    10-25-18 10:35 AM
    The hold on my credit card is for two reasons according to the BB rep; (1) to determine if it was my fault the screen came unglued due to my negligence, like if I dropped it and (2) is in case their is water damage that caused it. In my case, of course, neither of these apply. Once they determine neither of these apply and get the phone back, then they will release/return the hostage of $440.00 on my credit card. As for your case, I've never dealt with CPW but they should replace it seeing how it's a known issue and you're still under contract. If not, then I would go through BB, just keep in mind of the $440.00 hold on your cc though. Good luck on whatever route you choose though.
    10-25-18 11:22 AM
    They put a credit card hold in case they don't get a device back. If they do, the hold is released.
    Oh, I see. Well I was lucky and they didn't do this in my case. They have already fixed the phone and is on it's way to me, currently delayed but should be here tomorrow. They said to let them know when I have received it and if it is working fine. If it is fixed, the screen shouldn't come off now right? Because they know what the problem is and perhaps found a way to hold it down firmly?
    10-30-18 10:56 AM
    With an issue like this, you would have to go through BBMo. If you went through CPW, they may just make you wait without a phone until you get the fixed/replaced device back. Because it's a factory defect, BBMo may fix it for free. They technically don't have to since you had through the first year of ownership, but from my understanding they're honoring any display fixes for this defect for now. When that'll end, I'm not sure.

I had one I bought from Amazon, a first-batch K1, and the display fell off too. It happened within a month of ownership, though. I ended up returning it since I wouldn't be able to get a corrected K1 for another month.
    I don't mean to sound stupid lol but is BBMo the Blackberry Marketing Operations? Because it's the 1st time I have seen that abbreviation. Well, they have done it for free, now I have to wait til tomorrow to see if it is fixed properly. It only took like 3 days or so for them to receive, fix it and send it back to me, so colour me impressed lol. Sony usually took about a week or so. I see, well that's nice of them, yay Blackberry for customer support! lol. I see.

Why a month?? Because they didn't have any K1s that were fine and had to make another batch? So, you bought another one or?

On another note, if it is fixed, the screen shouldn't come off now right? Because they know what the problem is and perhaps found a way to hold it down firmly?
    10-30-18 11:00 AM
    The hold on my credit card is for two reasons according to the BB rep; (1) to determine if it was my fault the screen came unglued due to my negligence, like if I dropped it and (2) is in case their is water damage that caused it. In my case, of course, neither of these apply. Once they determine neither of these apply and get the phone back, then they will release/return the hostage of $440.00 on my credit card. As for your case, I've never dealt with CPW but they should replace it seeing how it's a known issue and you're still under contract. If not, then I would go through BB, just keep in mind of the $440.00 hold on your cc though. Good luck on whatever route you choose though.
    Oh i see but thank God that didn't happen to me. Well from what I've heard from their own mouths, they take time to assess the phone, then contact you and depending how much damage is to your phone, whether your insurance (Geek Squad, which I never take, waste of money for me lol) covers it or not and if it doesn't, they won't fix it, which I don't know if that's stupid or what? They should have some sort of care for the customers right? But anyways, I had a Sony Xperia Z5 chrome and a few times the headjack wouldn't pick up my earphones and Sony kept repairing it for free. Maybe it was a common fault with the chrome versions of the phone, idk but they took care of their customers. Not to mention I got ripped off once from CPW and couldn't do anything about it but that's another story lol. And thank you, I went with BB repair service.
    10-30-18 11:06 AM
    I don't mean to sound stupid lol but is BBMo the Blackberry Marketing Operations? Because it's the 1st time I have seen that abbreviation. Well, they have done it for free, now I have to wait til tomorrow to see if it is fixed properly. It only took like 3 days or so for them to receive, fix it and send it back to me, so colour me impressed lol. Sony usually took about a week or so. I see, well that's nice of them, yay Blackberry for customer support! lol. I see.

Why a month?? Because they didn't have any K1s that were fine and had to make another batch? So, you bought another one or?

On another note, if it is fixed, the screen shouldn't come off now right? Because they know what the problem is and perhaps found a way to hold it down firmly?
    BBMo is abbreviated for BlackBerry Mobile. We'd use BBM, but that's taken by BlackBerry Messages. :P

BBMo is what the phones are made under now, instead of being branded as TCL.

As for the month wait, it's because I had the issue in early July 2017, and the fixed phones weren't made available until August 2017. I returned my original K1 and bought an LG G6 for the same price (love it, but bad software support). I did end up buying a new K1 in December just to be sure it would be a fixed unit (and as a little Christmas present for myself).
    10-30-18 11:23 AM
    BBMo is abbreviated for BlackBerry Mobile. We'd use BBM, but that's taken by BlackBerry Messages. :P

BBMo is what the phones are made under now, instead of being branded as TCL.

As for the month wait, it's because I had the issue in early July 2017, and the fixed phones weren't made available until August 2017. I returned my original K1 and bought an LG G6 for the same price (love it, but bad software support). I did end up buying a new K1 in December just to be sure it would be a fixed unit (and as a little Christmas present for myself).
    Oh, thank you lol, haha true.

Ah, I see, thank you for letting me know.

I see but even though mine was bought in June 2017, how come it was the BB100-2 model? I thought this was the "second batch" that has the proper screen? Or is that to do with that GSM etc thing? I had a LG G Flex 2, they cool phones but after the KB on the BB K1, I don't want another phone except the Key2 LE in red lol. Ah right.

So i received "my phone" today. They said in the email they sent it back as "fixed" and to let them know it works fine. But the notes said that they reset "MY" settings and then it says they gave a new phone because the IMEI number is different. Why not just say it's another phone? :S. That's not exactly "fixed" is it :/.

Edit: On another note, this might be from the "fixed" batch so I should be glad lol.
    Last edited by Fes1988; 10-31-18 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Forgot to write something.
    psychofox13 likes this.
    10-31-18 11:19 AM
    Oh, thank you lol, haha true.

Ah, I see, thank you for letting me know.

I see but even though mine was bought in June 2017, how come it was the BB100-2 model? I thought this was the "second batch" that has the proper screen? Or is that to do with that GSM etc thing? I had a LG G Flex 2, they cool phones but after the KB on the BB K1, I don't want another phone except the Key2 LE in red lol. Ah right.

So i received "my phone" today. They said in the email they sent it back as "fixed" and to let them know it works fine. But the notes said that they reset "MY" settings and then it says they gave a new phone because the IMEI number is different. Why not just say it's another phone? :S. That's not exactly "fixed" is it :/.

Edit: On another note, this might be from the "fixed" batch so I should be glad lol.
    BBB100-2 is the European version of the K1. Mine is the BBB100-1 which is the US GSM model. The BBB100-3 is the US CDMA model. When it comes to what has the fixed screen and what doesn't, it has all to do with the build date. BBMo is on it when it comes to sending back K1's with the fixed screens, so the one you got should be good to go.

Just make sure it works with your carrier 100%. If it doesn't, then you need to contact BBMo regarding it. I have read that BBMo will sometimes replace your K1 with a different K1 by mistake, although they may have fixed this oversight since.
    10-31-18 11:48 AM
    I just had the exact same experience. A few observations.

I first called while in the EU with a US model and was politely and correctly told to wait until in the US for service so I get the correct model.

I did the Advanced Exchange for the $440 hold which never showed on my credit card at all. Shipment both ways free.

Very quick delivery of new appearing phone of same exact model with plastic peel-off sticks on screen, PKB, camera lens, flash.

Return Processed quickly with email alerts and good web acces to status.

The whole thing was effortless.

Since I purchased a Passport via digital river (misery beyond belief), and then Priv used, and now KEYᵒⁿᵉ (Amazon USA), this TCL repair has been a stand-off experience.
    10-31-18 12:24 PM
    BBB100-2 is the European version of the K1. Mine is the BBB100-1 which is the US GSM model. The BBB100-3 is the US CDMA model. When it comes to what has the fixed screen and what doesn't, it has all to do with the build date. BBMo is on it when it comes to sending back K1's with the fixed screens, so the one you got should be good to go.

Just make sure it works with your carrier 100%. If it doesn't, then you need to contact BBMo regarding it. I have read that BBMo will sometimes replace your K1 with a different K1 by mistake, although they may have fixed this oversight since.
    Oh right, thanks for the information. Is there a way I can find out the build date from the phone itself? Ah OK, that's good to hear, phew! lol.

Yeah, it works fine with my carrier, thanks. By mistake, that's scary but in my repair notes it said they gave a unit exchange so should be fine since it's the IMEI matches the one on the notes.

Btw, I don't know if this was a KB update or dictionary update but when I go and click in the text field, before writing anything, above my KB is some punctuations already, that didn't used to be there before. Do you know anything about this? Because when I was setting up my replacement phone, nothing was there and and then the input from the KB kept lagging and putting the special characters of the letters I was pressing or random letters. Then, when that stopped, there was them punctuations there. Any help would be appreciated? Because it's driving me insane lol.
    11-01-18 06:42 PM
    I just had the exact same experience. A few observations.

I first called while in the EU with a US model and was politely and correctly told to wait until in the US for service so I get the correct model.

I did the Advanced Exchange for the $440 hold which never showed on my credit card at all. Shipment both ways free.

Very quick delivery of new appearing phone of same exact model with plastic peel-off sticks on screen, PKB, camera lens, flash.

Return Processed quickly with email alerts and good web acces to status.

Since I purchased a Passport via digital river (misery beyond belief), and then Priv used, and now KEYᵒⁿᵉ (Amazon USA), this TCL repair has been a stand-off experience.
    The replacement they sent me had all the plastic peel offs on and the process was quick and web access. But the repair access wouldn't work on my phone for some reason. It kept saying "wrong password" but would work on my PC :S lol. They also emailed me today saying they had notification of me receiving it and is it working fine. Good customer service! Which reminds me, I need to reply back to them lol.
    11-01-18 06:45 PM

Effortless? For who! It surely wasn't painless for the dozens of posters who gave advice which you refused to follow for probably close to a month and then you surprise us by taking such advice and now you're crowing about how your process went fabulously. Maybe I'm just having a bad dream.
    11-01-18 07:34 PM
    Effortless? For who! It surely wasn't painless for the dozens of posters who gave advice which you refused to follow for probably close to a month and then you surprise us by taking such advice and now you're crowing about how your process went fabulously. Maybe I'm just having a bad dream.
    Nobody is nasty like you. I have already requested you leave me alone. So, finally, stop this ongoing harassment. It is unwanted and likely illegal. As a member of a protected class, your persistent contact in this manner may actually constitute a hate crime. At very least, it is disgraceful. Stop it.
    11-01-18 08:08 PM
    Nobody is nasty like you. I have already requested you leave me alone. So, finally, stop this ongoing harassment. It is unwanted and likely illegal. As a member of a protected class, your persistent contact in this manner may actually constitute a hate crime. At very least, it is disgraceful. Stop it.
    I was simply suggesting that perhaps a mention of all the forum members who offered their advice would be a nice gesture.
    11-01-18 08:16 PM
    The replacement they sent me had all the plastic peel offs on and the process was quick and web access. But the repair access wouldn't work on my phone for some reason. It kept saying "wrong password" but would work on my PC :S lol. They also emailed me today saying they had notification of me receiving it and is it working fine. Good customer service! Which reminds me, I need to reply back to them lol.
    I guess I was lucky. I kept fingers & toes crossed through the process. Have you tried a factory reset? I don't understand what your newly received phone is lacking, if the phone works fine, good. If you cannot see your repair on the phone, use the web presence. Log in and use the repair number. I suppose you wonder about the $440 thing. They don't supply good finality to that. They sent 2 emails, one closing the complaint and the second asking to take a poll about the servicing. Realize the customer service is called 360*** and it appears to be a subcontractor of TCL. To check about the $440, look at your credit card website and you'll see the charge never went through and, in my case, was never placed temporary hold either.
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 11-02-18 at 08:11 PM.
    11-02-18 12:43 PM
    I guess I was lucky. I kept fingers & toes crossed through the process. Have you tried a factory reset? I don't understand what your newly received phone is lacking, if the phone works fine, good. If you cannot see your repair on the phone, use the web presence. Log in and use the repair number. I suppose you wonder about the $440 thing. They don't supply good finality to that. They sent 2 emails, one closing the complaint and the second asking to take a poll about the servicing. Realize the customer service is called 360*** and it appears to be a subcontractor of TCL. To check about the $440, look at your credit card website and you'll see the charge never went through and, in my case, was never placed temporary hole either.
    True. No because it took me nearly a whole day and a bit to set my phone up so I didn't want to reset it and start all over again lol. But I told the person contacted me from BB and he suggested a few things and 1 of the suggestions was to clear data and cache and then it went back to normal. Even he thought it was strange too lol. Same but it's working fine now apart from another problem I just encountered but I will ask for help at the bottom of this reply. I tried the desktop version, does the same thing but it's OK, I don't mind using my PC but more phones more mobile. Yeah I did. Ah right. They sent me one asking if I received the phone and is it working fine and another to say my repair is open for another 5 days etc. Ah yeah, true lol. There was no charge on it, doesn't show, so I guess that never happened to me in this instance, ah OK.

So my other problem. I accidentaly deleted a contact and then added it back then just switched conatct views from 1 email to another and it went all "wonky" lol. Got duplicates and if I delete 1 duplicate it deletes the entire contact :S. So I want to know how to delete ALL the contacts from the contact section and bring them back from my email?

Oh, also, is there a way to backup the keyboard shortcuts? Becuase I still can't remember half of them lol and would be nice if you could?
    Last edited by Fes1988; 11-02-18 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something
    11-02-18 05:47 PM
27 12