10-11-17 08:08 AM
72 123
tools
    So I received my Keyone yesterday and while I love it I am a bit let down by the battery life.
    I am in a large metro area w great coverage, I don't have crazy accounts syncing and even use Facebook Lite.
    Generally when using the phone the moment I turn the screen on and use it for a short time it starts to drop.
    Any tips? Is this normal or am I just expecting too much?? Lol
    Attached Thumbnails My battery life isn't that stellar. Is this normal?-210.jpg  
    10-05-17 07:20 PM
    I can get two day before i have to plug it in at around 40%. Take a look at the Tips and trick to help you get the most of your KEYone.
    10-05-17 07:37 PM
    How much screen on time are you getting what apps do you have synching and how often.
    10-05-17 07:39 PM
    I have the same issue. It only took 2 hours the battery dropped from 100% to 90%. I only used it for reading news, some chrome browsing and app chat (not phone call). I merely can last 1 and half day without gaming, video and facebook, and this even include sleeping time. I have set most of the frequently used apps with normal level of power consumption, screen -30%, and adaptive brightness enabled.

By this morning, screen 2%, phone idle 1%, Android OS 1%, Android System 1% and a news app 1%. 1 hr and 56 mins, the battery has already dropped to 91%.

I cannot believe someone claims that they can last 4 days. Do they ever use the phone? My iPhone 6s+ can even last 4 days if I do not use it at all just by receiving all the emails and notifications but not reading them.
    Last edited by Fred Wu; 10-05-17 at 07:50 PM.
    Tom Smith13 likes this.
    10-05-17 07:40 PM
    This is my current SOT. I did have the Moto E4 Plus before this and a heavy day it would end in the low 80s high 70s.
    Attached Thumbnails My battery life isn't that stellar. Is this normal?-212.jpg  
    10-05-17 07:44 PM
    This is my current SOT. I did have the Moto E4 Plus before this and a heavy day it would end in the low 80s high 70s.
    What do you mean a heavy day?

For me, by the time I left for home from work, it usually dropped to 70%, and my use of phone just for non-phone call chat, reading news and some web browsing via chrome, nothing else.
    10-05-17 07:48 PM
    The battery usage screenshot is totally abnormal. Normally the screen would be the biggest user of battery. Since you only got the phone yesterday I'd suggest first trying a hard reset and if that doesn't fix things do a wipe and start fresh.
    10-05-17 09:08 PM
    Thanks. I'm doing a factory reset right now. I hope this works because I was so hyped after all the battery life claims lol
    10-05-17 10:47 PM
    that seems pretty decent to me? I can basically go a full day (20hrs) without a charge at all with heavy heavy use. so basically a day. my priv would be half that at best. its a definite 1.5 day phone with normal usage. full full day with heavy. thats top knotch these days.
    10-05-17 10:51 PM
    oh man I would love an "active" version of the keyone. one the size of a phone with a tpu case but thats built on and the battery is 4000ma
    10-05-17 10:52 PM
    you had your phone for 1 day or less even?

give it a week
    10-06-17 01:53 AM
    So after taking your advice of wiping the phone it appears to have helped tremendously! Thank you.
    There were a few other issues, like getting anything but 4g (not LTE) after various APN settings tries that were fixed as well. No clue why the first go around was so difficult!
    Attached Thumbnails My battery life isn't that stellar. Is this normal?-screenshot_20171006-020842.jpg  
    10-06-17 03:12 AM
    In general with heavy use if I get a full day 15 hours and have some battery left then I feel I get good battery life.
    Some look for more than a day but at sometime during the day you will have a charger to charge your device. I charge mine at night while I sleep also while I am driving and at work when I am at my desk.
    10-06-17 06:39 AM
    Battery life is subjective. These crazy claims of 3 or 4 days of battery life are nonsense. If that is being achieved then the phone isn't being used, at all. If you are getting a full day out of the phone and putting it on the charger at night with some juice left on it then the battery is totally normal. It will last a day with regular usage. Anything more than that is nonsense. It happens with every phone released in here. These wild battery claims are stated and there isn't a shred of truth behind them.
    cribble2k likes this.
    10-06-17 06:56 AM
    yes agreed. it definitely lasts longer than the priv and doesnt heat up nearly as much. id say almost 50% more real world usage than the priv. but 3-4 days is silly. my priv without a sim in it and no usage lasts 3-4 days now
    10-06-17 07:32 AM
    Coming from an iPhone, getting a full day with the KeyOne is awesome. I don't even keep a charger at work. So far after about a month, I have about 25-40% left on the battery when I go to sleep at night.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-17 09:35 AM
    also I noticed after a day or a two, a podcast app that was fine on my priv was causing tons of sleap wakes and eating alot of cpu. uninstalling that made a big difference.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-17 11:59 AM
    here is my typical usage with battery saver mode ON. I get 2 days on regular use, (video gaming, Bluetooth music, emails, youtube, web browsing) and I only charged it up to 90% yesterday morning.

If I did not do any video gaming I could squeeze out 3 days.

My battery life isn't that stellar. Is this normal?-screenshot_20171006-104018.jpg
    10-06-17 02:28 PM
    Battery life is subjective. These crazy claims of 3 or 4 days of battery life are nonsense. If that is being achieved then the phone isn't being used, at all. If you are getting a full day out of the phone and putting it on the charger at night with some juice left on it then the battery is totally normal. It will last a day with regular usage. Anything more than that is nonsense. It happens with every phone released in here. These wild battery claims are stated and there isn't a shred of truth behind them.
    Sure there is truth behind them. Everyone uses their devices differently. I regularly get 3-4 days on my Keyone with how I use my phone. Very very rarely do I need to plug it in before the 2 day mark.

I don't game, I don't use facebook, I don't use snapchat, or twitter, or any other social media that sucks battery life. I don't have google play services enabled, and I leave location services, bluetooth, and NFC off unless I need them.

Each night I'll go into developer tools and ensure there are no processes still running in the background unnecessarily, or perhaps processes/apps that activated them selves without permission.

So yes, with how I use my phone, I very regularly get 4 days of life out of it. Remember 32 hours of that is standby because we gotta sleep sometime.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-06-17 06:26 PM
    Sure there is truth behind them. Everyone uses their devices differently. I regularly get 3-4 days on my Keyone with how I use my phone. Very very rarely do I need to plug it in before the 2 day mark.

I don't game, I don't use facebook, I don't use snapchat, or twitter, or any other social media that sucks battery life. I don't have google play services enabled, and I leave location services, bluetooth, and NFC off unless I need them.

Each night I'll go into developer tools and ensure there are no processes still running in the background unnecessarily, or perhaps processes/apps that activated them selves without permission.

So yes, with how I use my phone, I very regularly get 4 days of life out of it. Remember 32 hours of that is standby because we gotta sleep sometime.
    Right. Again, subjective. You can get great battery life out of any phone if you have everything turned off. Might as well just get a flip phone.
    10-06-17 06:32 PM
    here is my typical usage with battery saver mode ON. I get 2 days on regular use, (video gaming, Bluetooth music, emails, youtube, web browsing) and I only charged it up to 90% yesterday morning.

If I did not do any video gaming I could squeeze out 3 days.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20171006-104018.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	430382
    Again, you barely use the phone and have battery saver on. That doesn’t really prove anything abou battery life. A day is about what you can expect with normal usage.
    cribble2k likes this.
    10-06-17 06:33 PM
    Everyone's "normal" is different lol.

Forgot to add that I run a VPN 24/7 and after 4 days that tends to take about 15-20% of the battery life depending on how much browsing I got up to.

Why leave services on if you aren't using them? I'm sure most people don't need location services sucking their battery dry 24/7? I turn on services as I require them.
    10-06-17 06:38 PM
    Again, you barely use the phone and have battery saver on. That doesn’t really prove anything abou battery life. A day is about what you can expect with normal usage.
    Basically if you are getting 10 hours of screen on time during the day using the phone for various reasons (not just playing games) then the KEYone is King because you will go to bed with 15-20 % battery left and if you forget to plug it in before going to bed it will still have 10% charge left in the morning. Time to plug it in for an hour and you're good to go for another day.
    10-06-17 08:00 PM
    Basically if you are getting 10 hours of screen on time during the day using the phone for various reasons (not just playing games) then the KEYone is King because you will go to bed with 15-20 % battery left and if you forget to plug it in before going to bed it will still have 10% charge left in the morning. Time to plug it in for an hour and you're good to go for another day.
    Actually, the Iphone 8Plus is the winner in battery life. It’s got the best battery life of any phone on the market.
    10-06-17 08:59 PM
    Actually, the Iphone 8Plus is the winner in battery life. It’s got the best battery life of any phone on the market.
    I knew that you would counter. I'll tell you one thing though, the iPhone 8 Plus doesn't have a physical keyboard.
    duncan86 and stlabrat like this.
    10-06-17 09:31 PM
72 123