Tell iphone to beat this.. Hahahaha...
    Attached Thumbnails My battery life isn't that stellar. Is this normal?-2613077.jpg  
    10-07-17 11:34 PM
    meh. I've had iPhones and while they get excellent standby time I noticed when using it plummets.
    Anyways... two days in and, after a reset, this thing is solid!
    Still, the Moto E4 Plus maintains as the most outstanding battery I've used! That thing could last me 3 days at times!
    10-08-17 12:19 AM
    Are you saying usage equates to screen on time when it comes to iPhone's? Bahahahahahaha
    Oh Yama, no I wasn’t, Apple doesn’t list screen on time. I showed what you asked for and laughing it off is cute, but makes me sad for you. I know it’s tough to digest that a phone with a larger screen and a much faster processor gets better battery life than a phone with a battery almost twice it’s size but you’ll just have to live with it.

I’m giving you my opinion after using both phones extensively. It’s not a knock against the KEYone, but a reality check when someone in here thinks they should be getting 2 full days of battery life on the KEYone if they have everything turned on and use it regularly. They won’t.

And I sure hope that the Motion has a about a 4000mah battery in it or the larger screen will cripple that phone’s battery life and it won’t be able to be saved by a smaller screen like the K1.
    10-08-17 03:32 AM
    Each app you have installed can wake the phone from its sleeping state, using it to check for messages, weather updates, etc. This is a battery killer.

Download GSam Battery Monitor Pro and follow its instructions on how to let it access the battery statistics for your apps (involves USB and running a command via the adb program). After a few hours, you'll have a nice listing of which app uses the battery the most and which ones are waking your phone from sleep.
    10-08-17 03:37 AM
    It’s not a knock against the KEYone, but a reality check when someone in here thinks they should be getting 2 full days of battery life on the KEYone if they have everything turned on and use it regularly. They won’t.
    If they won't how come so many people actually are getting so with everything turned on even?
    So making an absolute statement like that. Not sure if it's the best idea.
    Battery life can depend upon a lot of factors.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 07:33 AM
    Oh Yama, no I wasn’t, Apple doesn’t list screen on time. I showed what you asked for and laughing it off is cute, but makes me sad for you. I know it’s tough to digest that a phone with a larger screen and a much faster processor gets better battery life than a phone with a battery almost twice it’s size but you’ll just have to live with it.

I’m giving you my opinion after using both phones extensively. It’s not a knock against the KEYone, but a reality check when someone in here thinks they should be getting 2 full days of battery life on the KEYone if they have everything turned on and use it regularly. They won’t.
    Well I just did some Internet searching and mostly what I've seen is advice to bring a charger with you if you plan on making it through a whole day using the iPhone 8. The only positives I read were when comparing Apple's to Apple's the 8 approximates the 7 when in comes to battery life.

I don't lose sleep over this so don't feel sorry for me but whenever anybody posts a battery life story about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ you always seem to be there pounding away on how the iPhone has better battery life when in fact it doesn't. Get over it.

Four months in using the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I still have not been able to kill the battery in one day. Close sometimes but always enough battery left that I can go to sleep without plugging it in and it'll still be on in the morning.
    10-08-17 08:09 AM
    Well I just did some Internet searching and mostly what I've seen is advice to bring a charger with you if you plan on making it through a whole day using the iPhone 8. The only positives I read were when comparing Apple's to Apple's the 8 approximates the 7 when in comes to battery life.

I don't lose sleep over this so don't feel sorry for me but whenever anybody posts a battery life story about the KEYᵒⁿᵉ you always seem to be there pounding away on how the iPhone has better battery life when in fact it doesn't. Get over it.

Four months in using the KEYᵒⁿᵉ and I still have not been able to kill the battery in one day. Close sometimes but always enough battery left that I can go to sleep without plugging it in and it'll still be on in the morning.
    Yeah I don't know what you are reading, but the reviews for the iPhone 8 and especially the iPhone 8 Plus battery have been universally lauded. I've never said up until the iPhone 8 that an iPhone had better battery life than the KEYone. I've said the 7Plus was very very close but that the KEYone's was probably slightly better.

And I chime on on battery life threads like this because people think they are doing something wrong if they only get a days worth of use out of the battery. Someone says "I get three days" and you then see that the biggest usage they are getting is "Phone idle" at like 2% then its a pretty safe bet that they aren't using the phone. People shouldn't expect to get more than a day out of it, but these wild battery claims make people wonder if they have a bad device.

Blackberry's were known for battery life back in the days before LTE. BlackBerry (and TCL) hasn't figured out how to optimize Android battery life the same way they couldn't figure it out with BB10 which is why there are tradeoff's with this phone. They had to put a weaker processor in it with a massive battery to power the already smaller screen to give it good battery life (which I am 100% OK with). The Priv's battery was terrible because it had a faster processor in it and a much better screen. The same with the Passport. The Passport had to have a massive battery in it to power it through the day, and that phones battery life was decent but not that great. Z30 - Massive battery and dim washed out screen. Q10 - tiny screen - Z10 - just garbage battery life and no fix for it. Dating all the way back to the 9900 (which had awful battery life because of LTE) you have to go to phones before that with tiny screens and no LTE to find a Blackberry with exceptional battery life.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The KEYone battery is very good. But if you are using it a lot then you shouldn't expect to get more than a day out of it. Stating otherwise is just nonsense because it won't last. I owned the phone for months and know what I'm talking about. I make a ton of calls over bluetooth and it kills the battery on the KEYone more than anything else. If the Black version with 4GB of RAM was ever released in the US I'd pick another one up because I liked the phone. That's all I have to say about this so you can have your opinion and I'll have mine.
    10-08-17 10:42 AM
    Yeah I don't know what you are reading, but the reviews for the iPhone 8 and especially the iPhone 8 Plus battery have been universally lauded. I've never said up until the iPhone 8 that an iPhone had better battery life than the KEYone. I've said the 7Plus was very very close but that the KEYone's was probably slightly better.

And I chime on on battery life threads like this because people think they are doing something wrong if they only get a days worth of use out of the battery. Someone says "I get three days" and you then see that the biggest usage they are getting is "Phone idle" at like 2% then its a pretty safe bet that they aren't using the phone. People shouldn't expect to get more than a day out of it, but these wild battery claims make people wonder if they have a bad device.

Blackberry's were known for battery life back in the days before LTE. BlackBerry (and TCL) hasn't figured out how to optimize Android battery life the same way they couldn't figure it out with BB10 which is why there are tradeoff's with this phone. They had to put a weaker processor in it with a massive battery to power the already smaller screen to give it good battery life (which I am 100% OK with). The Priv's battery was terrible because it had a faster processor in it and a much better screen. The same with the Passport. The Passport had to have a massive battery in it to power it through the day, and that phones battery life was decent but not that great. Z30 - Massive battery and dim washed out screen. Q10 - tiny screen - Z10 - just garbage battery life and no fix for it. Dating all the way back to the 9900 (which had awful battery life because of LTE) you have to go to phones before that with tiny screens and no LTE to find a Blackberry with exceptional battery life.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The KEYone battery is very good. But if you are using it a lot then you shouldn't expect to get more than a day out of it. Stating otherwise is just nonsense because it won't last. I owned the phone for months and know what I'm talking about. I make a ton of calls over bluetooth and it kills the battery on the KEYone more than anything else. If the Black version with 4GB of RAM was ever released in the US I'd pick another one up because I liked the phone. That's all I have to say about this so you can have your opinion and I'll have mine.
    OK ok you get the last word.
    stlabrat likes this.
    10-08-17 11:46 AM
    No talk, No video game, No listen to music, No watch YouTube, only browsing, only reading news apps and chat through apps, only 1 and half days till the battery down to 15%.

So I would very much like to know how you set up your phone, and how long you play games, listen to music and watch youtube. Please don't claim such if you just do the above things only for few minutes.
    I have 2 emails setup on Hub, I have 1 that set to sync every 15min w/push, other email no sync, only push. Don't use productivity tab, Battery Saver mode ON all the time, developer options ON, all animations OFF. I use chrome for Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Android central, crackberry, amazon, eBay, etc. and don't have their standalone apps installed. I use BlackBerry Power Center app to adjust my games. (Come to think about it, I should probably look into adjusting YouTube and chrome! Didn't think about that til now)

One typical workday, maybe a little over an hour of driving with streaming bluetooth music on Google play music, about an hour and a half of Facebook on chrome, YouTube, over my breaks and lunch, about 40min to an hour of Marvel Future Fight 3d graphics game. About an hour of phone calls, Emails and texts throughout the whole day. Anywhere between 50-60%-ish by end of day 1. Repeat for Day 2 and I will be around 5% with 3hrs left by maybe 9pm at the end of day 2.
    stlabrat likes this.
    10-08-17 04:14 PM
    I was very surprised on a road trip I had up to LA to visit my sister. I had bluetooth music on and Google maps for about a 1.5hr drive and it only went down from 100% to 89% by the time I arrived.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-08-17 04:18 PM
    ^^^^OP again here is a perfect example. Battery saver on all the time and no apps installed. Your battery is fine and getting a day out of it is normal.
    10-08-17 08:06 PM
    ^^^^OP again here is a perfect example. Battery saver on all the time and no apps installed. Your battery is fine and getting a day out of it is normal.
    Don't twist things. The OP's first post showed obvious signs of things running amok. I do believe and hope things have been corrected.
    10-08-17 11:13 PM
    Don't twist things. The OP's first post showed obvious signs of things running amok. I do believe and hope things have been corrected.
    Uh I’m not twisting anything and it was the whole point of what I was saying. People post these ridiculous battery claims only to find out that they have things like battery saver on all the time or no apps installed. People see these ridiculous claims who use their phone normally and regularly and think they have something wrong with theirs because they aren’t getting more than a day or so. SuperTom couldn’t have teed it up for me any more perfectly.
    Last edited by donnation; 10-09-17 at 03:21 AM.
    10-09-17 02:57 AM
    Had the Priv, DTEK60 and now on KEYone. The battery has always been good, not great. Until today I deleted FB Messenger and downloaded FB Messenger Lite. I've read that FB Messenger kills batteries, and I've never believed it until I removed it. The lite version mirrors the official app, less games. Used my phone all day and it is 3am and @ 42% battery. The funny thing is, I added more icon packs and new apps and it hasn't affected my battery @ all - usually it would. I found my culprit. Shame it took me this long to realize.
    10-09-17 05:02 AM
    Uh I’m not twisting anything and it was the whole point of what I was saying. People post these ridiculous battery claims only to find out that they have things like battery saver on all the time or no apps installed. People see these ridiculous claims who use their phone normally and regularly and think they have something wrong with theirs because they aren’t getting more than a day or so. SuperTom couldn’t have teed it up for me any more perfectly.
    I see that you have edited your response, you previously asked what was wrong with the OP screenshot.

Well 37% battery used over 8 hours and screen usage isn't showing as the number one user of battery is a tell tale sign that something is not right.
    10-09-17 08:39 AM
    I see that you have edited your response, you previously asked what was wrong with the OP screenshot.

Well 37% battery used over 8 hours and screen usage isn't showing as the number one user of battery is a tell tale sign that something is not right.
    Lol no it isn’t.
    10-09-17 08:42 AM
    Someone posted that they disabled Google Play Services. Wouldn't that kill calendar and contact syncing? It seems it would render the phone severely crippled. Is this correct?
    10-09-17 11:01 AM
    Lol no it isn’t.
    Wow.
    10-09-17 12:54 PM
    People don't post ridiculous battery claims.
    The battery life on the KEYone is ridiculous.
    To clear it, yes some people disable a lot of things to get more out of their battery but even with everything turned on and with normal-heavy usage, the KEYone will EASILY last more than a day. (Location, Sync, Full brightness)

Posted via CB10
    10-09-17 08:30 PM
    People don't post ridiculous battery claims.
    The battery life on the KEYone is ridiculous.
    To clear it, yes some people disable a lot of things to get more out of their battery but even with everything turned on and with normal-heavy usage, the KEYone will EASILY last more than a day. (Location, Sync, Full brightness)

Posted via CB10
    Ok, whatever you say.
    10-09-17 08:31 PM
    having the assurances that my phone battery will last until I go to sleep is the very definition of stellar battery performance.

My iPhone 6 need to be top up every 3-4 hours which was horrifying that time. KEYONE have saved me in so many times.
    10-10-17 08:05 PM
    bashing historical device on either side are just silly. Battery technology has improved dramatically last few years. Glad apple progressed from famous "wall hugger" to now and BB from Z10 (small battery, plus industrial OS) to K1. tech move fast than you blink of eyes... I would expect iphone a bit more consumption on battery, due to display refreshing rate vs K1. but their memory managerment and very little or no background app runing save the power big time... (all depend upon what app you use... less crappy one give you better battery performance... some droid app are killer - both memory and power hog)... besides, depend upon the bluetooth stuff you use... if you environment got multiple bluetooth near by, it could be source of drain... IMHO.
    10-11-17 07:08 AM
72 123