My mute button (on side of phone or via the button on microphone for two different sets) no longer works. The button itself on the mic or phone are fine as a long press hangs a phone call up. However a short press to mute, no longer works in any app (eg this used to work in phone, zoom)

This is a problem as I'm in Boston, on calls during my commute and have to walk gloveless to work in order to take a call (use touchscreen to mute / unmute). Brrrrr
    02-28-19 09:10 AM
    My mute button (on side of phone or via the button on microphone for two different sets) no longer works. The button itself on the mic or phone are fine as a long press hangs a phone call up. However a short press to mute, no longer works in any app (eg this used to work in phone, zoom)

This is a problem as I'm in Boston, on calls during my commute and have to walk gloveless to work in order to take a call (use touchscreen to mute / unmute). Brrrrrhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...7f4232a24a.jpg
    Do you have any button mapper apps? A case that might interfere with the side button? Have you tried a 32 second reboot?
    02-28-19 09:29 AM
    Check Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures > Convenience key. Mute won't work if set to Off.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-28-19 09:54 AM
    Check Settings > Shortcuts & Gestures > Convenience key. Mute won't work if set to Off.
    That was it, thanks!

I may have turned that off by accident because there is no verbiage on that screen about mute. It certainly makes it hard to find it again. And the words around assigning shortcuts are funny because nowhere can I see a function to assign anything to the key. Thanks
    03-01-19 07:10 AM