https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ar2.homebutton

This is a fantastic app for the KeyOne. It allows you to customize the button mapping for the nav buttons and volume buttons. And it works anywhere in the OS, not just the home screen.

I've mapped long-press Home to Google Assistant (yay!), double-tap Home to Hub, and long-press Back to Phone.

The Home functionality is free. Additional features come with a $2.99 USD upgrade. If we support the developer and request additional features, I'm sure they can add support for the Convenience key and maybe even keyboard keys!
    laketrout73 likes this.
    06-07-17 08:11 AM
    thank you
    06-07-17 08:23 AM
    You're welcome. It really does empower the K1.
    06-07-17 09:20 AM
    can you map the volume rockers to skip tracks on long press?
    06-07-17 09:29 AM
    You may want to check out All In One Gesture Control instead. It contains all the features above plus more.
    06-07-17 09:30 AM
    can you map the volume rockers to skip tracks on long press?
    Frinky music controller gives you this kind of functionality (except single press changes track, multiple presses changes volume)
    aluiziomachado likes this.
    06-07-17 09:41 AM
    Not sure why people think the long press of the home button doesn't bring up Assistant, because it definitely does for me.
    mbirth likes this.
    06-07-17 09:44 AM
    I discovered this app two days ago and agree it's great to have on the Keyone.

For people in some countries (like Canada), who did the initial Keyone setup with a language that is not English - USA (or some other key ones), they will not have Google Assistant come up when holding the home button. The "solution" is to factory reset and select English - USA during setup.
    Well that's no fun!

But, with Button Mapper, you can restore that intended functionality, and various other things. I also set long press back to Kill Foreground App, and long press recents to Take Screenshot.
    06-07-17 01:57 PM
    Thanks for the knowledge!
    06-07-17 02:00 PM
    Split screen mode is available on long press recents why would you want to change that
    09-23-17 05:00 AM
    For people in some countries (like Canada), who did the initial Keyone setup with a language that is not English - USA (or some other key ones), they will not have Google Assistant come up when holding the home button.
    I'm pretty sure the "long-press home" feature is also enabled in those countries because it was used to bring up Google Now before Assistant was a thing. I only noticed that it didn't work after you've set your display size to "Small" in settings. Setting it back to "normal" made the long-press work again.

But I don't know if they fixed that in later firmware versions.
    09-23-17 10:10 AM