Hello all,

I transferred over 100 songs from laptop to Keyone last night. They are stored on the SD card but they are not showing on any of my music apps. How can I get these songs to show on my music player? Help!
    07-27-17 05:36 PM
    Also these are on the internal SD. Ugh this is the only thing I hate about android. This music stuff is so confusing. Why won't they just read all music files?
    07-27-17 05:42 PM
    Poweramp is the only app that shows all my music. Any suggestions on how to get BlackMusic and Google Music to read all files?
    07-27-17 05:51 PM
    Some of these other services just want you to pay for their music and services. So I use their free services and use another Player. I use USB Audio Player Pro ($)or Onkyo HF Player (free). l just love these apps ,cause I play HiRes music 41-192/24 and DSD files with portable dac..
    07-27-17 06:20 PM
    Poweramp is the only app that shows all my music. Any suggestions on how to get BlackMusic and Google Music to read all files?
    Check your Permissions for those apps and make sure that access to the sd-card is permitted. Main Settings, Apps, Permissions, find your app....
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    07-27-17 09:00 PM
    I've had the same problem with Priv and Keyone, it's not an android thing. I've had songs and photos on an SD card and had been able to switch around from a V20, Huawei, Xiomi, Motorola and Samsung. Priv and Keyone I had to take all of my music and photos off the sd card. Format the card, and then put all the photos back on. The music never showed up anywhere. I use Amazon, so I just installed the amazon music app, dl the files and listen offline.

I was coming home (2 hour trip) and the Keyone just said I ain't looking at your music files NO MO and I had no music for 2 hours. I am mad at the Keyone right now, so it's on restriction in a drawer.
    07-28-17 10:03 AM
    I've had the same problem with Priv and Keyone, it's not an android thing. I've had songs and photos on an SD card and had been able to switch around from a V20, Huawei, Xiomi, Motorola and Samsung. Priv and Keyone I had to take all of my music and photos off the sd card. Format the card, and then put all the photos back on. The music never showed up anywhere. I use Amazon, so I just installed the amazon music app, dl the files and listen offline.

I was coming home (2 hour trip) and the Keyone just said I ain't looking at your music files NO MO and I had no music for 2 hours. I am mad at the Keyone right now, so it's on restriction in a drawer.
    Everything shows in the Poweramp player for me.
    07-28-17 10:33 AM
    Some of these other services just want you to pay for their music and services. So I use their free services and use another Player. I use USB Audio Player Pro ($)or Onkyo HF Player (free). l just love these apps ,cause I play HiRes music 41-192/24 and DSD files with portable dac..
    What kind of DAC do you use? I'm looking to get one myself. Big difference? Also, does Onkyo play well with the external DAC? And how do you like USB audio player?

From a Classic
    07-28-17 10:42 AM
    As long as you put your music files in a folder called Music, your phone should read it.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    07-28-17 12:49 PM
    [QUOTE=Xenolock;12973470]What kind of DAC do you use? I'm looking to get one myself. Big difference? Also, does Onkyo play well with the external DAC? And how do you like USB audio player?
    I use the Chord MOJO mainly, but have used many. Yes it sounds amazing if you have settings right in the app. And Onkyo for being a free app it does a great job. The USB Audio Player is my go to app ,cause it has in app app purchases. If you go to Read more about it on the Google store they show some other dac suggestions.
    One thing I suggest is get a Premium OTG cable for your phone it needs to be a snug fit, or you will lose the signal and have to reset app. It is really annoying. Right now I am using my MacBook OTG Cable for my Dtek60 but I am going to get one custom made by Moon Audio because they made a USB micro to USB micro and it is the tightest fitting cable I have tried so far .
    Attached Thumbnails Music Not Showing Up-img_20170628_1955190.jpg  
    07-28-17 03:08 PM
    In order for music to show up on the Pi Music Player from my sd card, I have to have my tunes filed under Android > Media.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-28-17 03:23 PM
    I have most of my music files on my SD and my "personal" music on the phone itself. The only problem I have is my playlists from copied from my Classic disappearing. I'll put them back and they will eventually disappear again. Trying to find the work around but nothing working. I had one until BlackPlayer's last update, then it all went to heck, lol.

Looks like my only option now is moving all or the most important music to the phone itself
    07-29-17 10:52 AM