Blackberry keyone!

12-18-17 10:27 PM
    Well let's face it...it's the only one that's not just another slab .
    Qorax, AhabSnake, paulyeo and 1 others like this.
    12-18-17 10:35 PM
    i hope it brings more attention
    12-19-17 12:05 AM
    he's my fav device YouTuber
    paulyeo and Byrese like this.
    12-19-17 12:24 AM
    Well let's face it...it's the only one that's not just another slab .
    And that's why we love it!
    12-19-17 04:41 AM
    well done
    12-19-17 04:52 AM
    Wow! A BlackBerry made the lineup! Nice!
    12-19-17 05:19 AM
    BlackBerry needs to win this. It's one of the few competitions they can win.
    12-19-17 08:39 AM
    I thought so as well. Incorporating a finger print reader in the spacebar is brilliant. With keyboard shortcuts, I am just more productive in my daily life.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-19-17 10:43 AM
    Interesting, what they overall devices were though, Pixel 2 XL and Galaxy Note 8 respectively seem to be the top 2.
    i hope it brings more attention
    I doubt it, 1 guy voting for it after all the Pixel 2, Note8 and iPhone X mentions!? Plus "phone looks like it came from 2013" ain't going to help it much

Was a great consolation for BlackBerry though.

Surprised nobody named the LG V30 or Huawei Mate10 Pro, I have the latter on review (although I still use my Galaxy Note8 as my main phone as it is better productivity wise ), and I must say Huawei did an outstanding job, but maybe not enough to be the beastly Pixel 2 XL and Galaxy Note8 juggernauts I guess.
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    12-19-17 11:54 AM
    12-19-17 12:30 PM
    Furthermore, there seems to be a real split between the Note 8 and the Pixel 2 XL in the flagship world! The Note 8 would probably take my money.
    12-19-17 12:31 PM
    Only thing that kills it with the Note 8 is the small 3300 mAh battery for such a large display.
    Oh and that qwerty case that came out seems to be already discontinued for some reason.
    12-19-17 12:39 PM
    Furthermore, there seems to be a real split between the Note 8 and the Pixel 2 XL in the flagship world! The Note 8 would probably take my money.
    The reason for this I think is because the Pixel 2 XL and Note8 are the best of two sides to Android, one being clean unadulterated Android and the other being fully customised Android with tons of extras thrown in.
    12-19-17 01:13 PM
    The reason for this I think is because the Pixel 2 XL and Note8 are the best of two sides to Android, one being clean unadulterated Android and the other being fully customised Android with tons of extras thrown in.
    Yes. They are both excellent devices. I think I prefer Pixel software, but Samsung's hardware is just phenomenal. The Pixel cuts too many corners for my liking. (No headphone jack, no expandable storage, no wireless charging, and IP67 vs Samsung's IP68. Plus, Samsung's display is much preferred. As you said, Samsung has packed everything there is into their Note 8.
    Tsepz_GP likes this.
    12-19-17 01:28 PM
    Yes. They are both excellent devices. I think I prefer Pixel software, but Samsung's hardware is just phenomenal. The Pixel cuts too many corners for my liking. (No headphone jack, no expandable storage, no wireless charging, and IP67 vs Samsung's IP68. Plus, Samsung's display is much preferred. As you said, Samsung has packed everything there is into their Note 8.
    Agreed. This is why I went with the Note8.

Huawei is also going the same direction as Samsung, but have some catching up to do.
    12-19-17 01:32 PM
    Agreed. This is why I went with the Note8.

Huawei is also going the same direction as Samsung, but have some catching up to do.
    Yes. However, the Pixels seem to have the best cameras on a phone. The Note 8 still takes excellent photos, but the Pixel takes excellent shots in low light apparently.

None of these features are really important to me to be honest; that is why I am using a KEYone, lol. But if I were to drop $1000+ on a phone it better have every bell and whistle you can get.
    phuoc, FF22 and Tsepz_GP like this.
    12-19-17 01:43 PM
    Yes. However, the Pixels seem to have the best cameras on a phone. The Note 8 still takes excellent photos, but the Pixel takes excellent shots in low light apparently.

None of these features are really important to me to be honest; that is why I am using a KEYone, lol. But if I were to drop $1000+ on a phone it better have every bell and whistle you can get.
    Indeed. Agreed.
    12-19-17 01:47 PM
    How is the Note 8 battery life for you guys btw? I have a hard time imagining getting through a full day medium use with a 6.3" screen and a 3300 mAh. How??
    12-19-17 02:12 PM
    It's a shocking battery. With that large high end display, i wonder if samsung know anything about phone design other than just specs. Would never buy that.
    12-19-17 04:21 PM
    How is the Note 8 battery life for you guys btw? I have a hard time imagining getting through a full day medium use with a 6.3" screen and a 3300 mAh. How??
    Battery is fantastic, I stream Music from Apple Music throughout the day while working playing it via BT to my BT headphones , I have 4 Email Accounts going with 1 of them being my work Exchange Email account. I spend a lot of time in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn with a bit of Snapchat, and have a lot of WhatsApp groups going. I play Music via BT in the car and I also watch quite a bit of YouTube when I get home.
    Also on Tapatalk quite a lot and watch some of my series as well on the phone.

I get a full day out of it with a ll of that.

I have the Exynos Note8, so it's incredibly efficient as you can see below. I usually just charge when I get to bed whether it's at 50% or 5%, really depends on how heavy I went on it that day.
    12-20-17 12:00 AM
    Battery is fantastic, I stream Music from Apple Music throughout the day while working playing it via BT to my BT headphones , I have 4 Email Accounts going with 1 of them being my work Exchange Email account. I spend a lot of time in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn with a bit of Snapchat, and have a lot of WhatsApp groups going. I play Music via BT in the car and I also watch quite a bit of YouTube when I get home.
    Also on Tapatalk quite a lot and watch some of my series as well on the phone.

I get a full day out of it with a ll of that.

I have the Exynos Note8, so it's incredibly efficient as you can see below. I usually just charge when I get to bed whether it's at 50% or 5%, really depends on how heavy I went on it that day.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...0d5faf3977.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...07079f0948.jpg
    Wow those stats are amazing. Looks like that exynos is quite efficient, I like that the device idle and Android OS stats are not too high, that means you get decent standby time.

Did you ever look into that qwerty case for the note 8? A couple months back I saw that it was launching but it suddenly disappeared from Samsung website and it's now pretty much nowhere to be found.
    12-20-17 12:20 AM
    Wow those stats are amazing. Looks like that exynos is quite efficient, I like that the device idle and Android OS stats are not too high, that means you get decent standby time.

Did you ever look into that qwerty case for the note 8? A couple months back I saw that it was launching but it suddenly disappeared from Samsung website and it's now pretty much nowhere to be found.
    Thanks. It's a beast, it has proven to be such a brilliant workhorse.

Nope, never looked into the QWERTY Keyboard, I am more of a VKB guy, I am actually using the BlackBerry VKB right now, as Samsung's VKB is pretty horrendous, it's one piece of software they REALLY need to improve.

I doubt those QWERTY cases were that popular, maybe that's why Samsung stopped selling them.
    12-20-17 12:29 AM
    awesome
    12-20-17 12:42 AM
    It's a shocking battery. With that large high end display, i wonder if samsung know anything about phone design other than just specs. Would never buy that.
    I wonder if your just looking at specs....

. The Note8’s battery clocked in at 24.5 hours in Consumer Reports testing. That’s just below the 26 hours that both Galaxy S8 phones lasted, but the Note8 still has one of the top battery-test results in our ratings.

In the end Samsung builds devices for markets, users in Western markets are usually good with 12 - 18 hours of normal usage. But if battery life is your biggest concern, by all means buy a phone with a 4000+mAh battery. Or go buy a $10 10,000mAh power bank....

FYI.... Samsung has optimization that allow for using the display at different resolutions or quality levels (S7 has a HD, FHD and WQHD resolutions). You can adjust it to meet your needs. Day to day I leave it in high performance mode with WQHD Resolution. Just went on a trip and enabled power saving mode and dropped the screen down to HD mode.
    12-20-17 09:53 AM
30 12