08-10-17 05:38 AM
41 12
tools
    My last phone being a Passport SE, I have to admit I'm partial to the silver K1. I'm really curious to the product placement and pricing strategy going forward though.
    Definitely! Me too. I prefer a some appearance of chrome in a phone and automobile.
    08-01-17 02:18 PM
    Software optimization has a lot to do with it as well, but app refreshes is a real thing on the keyone. My S8+ can have 15 apps or 15 tabs and not refresh. Keyone's magical number is sometimes as low as 5.. Which is abysmal considering this is geared towards business. There's a reason why I'm dueling two phones and it isn't by choice -_-
    Can you imagine how awesome the Note 8 will be with its rumoured 6GB RAM if true with the SPen Suite? Cannot wait!

Anyway, this is what the KEYOne should have been from Day 1.

Nothing worse than app refreshes! I remember having them when the Galaxy S3 (1GB RAM, Exynos) got updated to Jellybean and again when the iPad 4 got updated to iOS 7.
    08-01-17 02:36 PM
    I need this phone in my life.
    Don't get out much?.............................LOL I felt the same way but could not resist.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-01-17 02:47 PM
    He is my favorite tech reviewer!
    08-01-17 02:48 PM
    I have a bad feeling that its not coming to the US. Not unless TCL wants direct competition with its version. Licensing is hard thing to beat, but it is a sweet phone. One interesting thing is that they increased ram and storage but the chip stayed the same. That's the only thing I look too for a very slim possibility in the US.
    08-01-17 02:53 PM
    If it does come to the US it probably won't have the dual SIM.
    08-01-17 03:17 PM
    not going to buy it if it's made in India.
    08-01-17 03:37 PM
    Don't get out much?.............................LOL I felt the same way but could not resist.
    I am a BlackBerryaholic of the worst kind. I have absolutely had to own every single BlackBerry device since '08. It's a problem I know, but I'm in full denial of my problem .....so I will continue to drink scotch and find a way to purchase this black beauty.
    anon(9742832) and PALoeza like this.
    08-01-17 06:33 PM
    Can you imagine how awesome the Note 8 will be with its rumoured 6GB RAM if true with the SPen Suite? Cannot wait!

Anyway, this is what the KEYOne should have been from Day 1.

Nothing worse than app refreshes! I remember having them when the Galaxy S3 (1GB RAM, Exynos) got updated to Jellybean and again when the iPad 4 got updated to iOS 7.
    But didn't he say, the extra RAM didn't make much difference. Wondering if BlackBerry has optimised their software to make use of extra RAM.
    08-01-17 06:39 PM
    Software optimization has a lot to do with it as well, but app refreshes is a real thing on the keyone. My S8+ can have 15 apps or 15 tabs and not refresh. Keyone's magical number is sometimes as low as 5.. Which is abysmal considering this is geared towards business. There's a reason why I'm dueling two phones and it isn't by choice -_-
    I had been saying it for months. And it's not due to 3GB RAM but due to software. Nexus 6P still works fine with many apps and is also running on Nougat.
    08-01-17 06:42 PM
    I think this phone is a step in the right direction. But I see on the forum, people comparing it to the Galaxy S8, and IPHONE'S.
    But the true competition that BlackBerry should be concerned with are phones like The OnePlus series. The OnePlus 5 has 5.5 inch dispaly, Android™ Nougat, CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835, Quad Core, Kryo™: 2x 2.35 GHz, 2x 1.6 GHz, Storage: 128GB/ 8GB LPDDR for $620 USD.

I love the metal frame and the build quality of the KeyOne. And the Special Edition adds to that but also adds to the price. But for roughly the same price you have another phone at a similar price point, without the PKB, but with a larger display, a faster processor and 8gb of Ram.
    These are the true Competitors in specs and pricing that BlackBerry should be aware of.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by KNEBB; 08-14-17 at 03:35 PM.
    08-01-17 07:42 PM
    Personally I'll like the extra ram and additional 32gb storage bump, but still much rather have it in the silver and black rather than all black. That being said, will the what variant BBB100-7, I can't seem to find out if this will be sold from india amazon unlocked and if the network bands will in asia pacific, particulary singapore. anyone have any idea? :/
    08-01-17 10:44 PM
    As you pointed out, none of those phones have a physical keyboard. The PKB is the whole point of buying a KEYone. Otherwise there are many, many black slab competitors.

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure and utterly satisfying mobile device
    08-01-17 11:10 PM
    But didn't he say, the extra RAM didn't make much difference. Wondering if BlackBerry has optimised their software to make use of extra RAM.
    He did. He spoke in terms of speed though.

What the extra RAM will help with is keeping more apps open and maintaining good performance even with heavier tasks over a longer period.
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    08-02-17 01:01 AM
    Personally I'll like the extra ram and additional 32gb storage bump, but still much rather have it in the silver and black rather than all black. That being said, will the what variant BBB100-7, I can't seem to find out if this will be sold from india amazon unlocked and if the network bands will in asia pacific, particulary singapore. anyone have any idea? :/
    i am thinking it will come unlocked. I am based in Singapore too and would like to purchase a set as well, do you have any idea how to purchase one from Amazon.in?
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-07-17 08:42 PM
    This is being sold unlocked from amazon india
    08-10-17 05:38 AM
41 12