PALoeza and Neville A Daniels like this.
    08-01-17 02:39 AM
    He's in India

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 02:40 AM
    He's in India

Posted via CB10
    He is not.
    08-01-17 02:43 AM
    He is not.
    Pulled some strings?
    We can expect a full review from him/you/CBK?

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 02:44 AM
    Pulled some strings?
    We can expect a full review from him/you/CBK?

Posted via CB10
    I won't pretend to know MrMobile's ways lol. More limited black content coming soon!
    PALoeza likes this.
    08-01-17 02:46 AM
    So is Keyone (the name) actually a bit of BBRY IP not something TCL came up with? Because normally when you have licencees for different regions, they come up with their own naming and branding conventions.
    08-01-17 02:47 AM
    I need this phone in my life.
    08-01-17 02:50 AM
    Dang that was fast!
    08-01-17 02:51 AM
    This kind of pisses me off. I don't care about the 64GB memory as I have a 64GB UHS-3 Samsung microSD card which is super fast.. but the full black edition is what this keyone should of been from the get-go. 4GB of memory is a welcome change as the 3GB current model isn't running as smooth as my S8+ with 4GB of ram, app refreshes are a real thing even if I run as little as 6-8 apps sometimes. That's annoying. Price conversation works out to be the same practically but better specs and the silver/black isn't that nice. There's a reason why I jumped all over the 9780 the moment it came out and sold my 9700 at a loss just to get an all black phone. You can even say I'm butthurt, and I am. I love my all black S8+, it just looks good. The KEYone being silver/black just doesn't scream "business", maybe it's just me and that's okay too.

Very annoyed. I'm about to order new housing and replace the chrome with red instead. There's a reason why companies launch multiple colours from the get-go.

Yes, I'm butthurt. Yes, I get it's really only a colour. Another stupid move by BlackBerry themselves.
    PALoeza likes this.
    08-01-17 02:51 AM
    This kind of pisses me off. I don't care about the 64GB memory as I have a 64GB UHS-3 Samsung microSD card which is super fast.. but the full black edition is what this keyone should of been from the get-go. 4GB of memory is a welcome change as the 3GB current model isn't running as smooth as my S8+ with 4GB of ram, app refreshes are a real thing even if I run as little as 6-8 apps sometimes. That's annoying. Price conversation works out to be the same practically but better specs and the silver/black isn't that nice. There's a reason why I jumped all over the 9780 the moment it came out and sold my 9700 at a loss just to get an all black phone. You can even say I'm butthurt, and I am. I love my all black S8+, it just looks good. The KEYone being silver/black just doesn't scream "business", maybe it's just me and that's okay too.

Very annoyed. I'm about to order new housing and replace the chrome with red instead. There's a reason why companies launch multiple colours from the get-go.

Yes, I'm butthurt. Yes, I get it's really only a colour. Another stupid move by BlackBerry themselves.
    Unless someone knows different, nothing to do with BBRY - down to the individual licensee - TCL could have put in 4GB but I guess they wanted to pad their margins.
    08-01-17 03:23 AM
    nice. i guess black K1 is out there fighting for market share (high volume) in a new smart phone arena - such as Moto Z2 (dual cam) and 1200 iphone. As for BB, I guess the silver version already recovered RD cost, the black on will be able to dog fight the price at volume. (TCL small batch MFG method possibly more costly... but judging the screen fall off saga, small batch for a reason... low mix, high volume always make money... = high volume means in ternal guts are the same... external can be any color you wish, as long as form, fit function are the same - same mold, same PWA, same antenna, etc.etc. Config can be different if you wish). good job. (now I am waiting to see my stock price heading to a different direction - hopefully).
    08-01-17 03:43 AM
    well deep down inside I want a black one! So it's a waiting game for us North Americans!!!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    08-01-17 04:33 AM
    Very sharp looking in all black. Reminds me of the Z10 days.
    08-01-17 04:37 AM
    I very much dislike the standard version after seeing the all black KEYone.
    jamesharmeling and krzyabn like this.
    08-01-17 04:50 AM
    well deep down inside I want a black one! So it's a waiting game for us North Americans!!!
    It's been a waiting game since the "launch" so nothing's really changed. 🤕
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    08-01-17 05:27 AM
    I very much dislike the standard version after seeing the all black KEYone.
    My last phone being a Passport SE, I have to admit I'm partial to the silver K1. I'm really curious to the product placement and pricing strategy going forward though.
    08-01-17 05:30 AM
    Unless someone knows different, nothing to do with BBRY - down to the individual licensee - TCL could have put in 4GB but I guess they wanted to pad their margins.
    Kevin said TCL made the initial batch of these for Optiemus in China, but that Optiemus will soon be having these made locally. Does seem to be one big happy family...

Is kinda strange the better specs and reported lower price point....
    08-01-17 07:28 AM
    Did anyone notice when he started up the phone it said tmobile!!! Can we say it is highly possible the keyone is coming for tmobile!!

Posted via CB10
    08-01-17 07:33 AM
    Did anyone notice when he started up the phone it said tmobile!!! Can we say it is highly possible the keyone is coming for tmobile!!

Posted via CB10
    Many phones will boot up with the logo of the carrier whose SIM card you have in it. My unlocked Passport would show an AT&T logo when I used a Cricket SIM card, because Cricket uses AT&T towers.
    08-01-17 07:39 AM
    Kevin said TCL made the initial batch of these for Optiemus in China, but that Optiemus will soon be having these made locally. Does seem to be one big happy family...

Is kinda strange the better specs and reported lower price point....
    I don't think it's that strange - TCL might have completely different volume numbers because of the markets they are in or internally might be only happy with a certain margin.

TCL could have launched with 4gb suggests that their team worked out that this would be accepted to their market and the margins they wanted to hit. Clearly Optiemus has decided that the market dynamic is different where they are and they need this to be competitive. We've seen this before - many of the major players launch devices that vary from market.

I have a lenovo P2 - it has 4gb of ram - as far as I can tell that is a Three (UK) exclusive and in other markets its got 3gb of ram.
    Uzi likes this.
    08-01-17 07:44 AM
    Out of curiosity, would the 4gb of ram make that much of a difference in terms of day to day performance and in addressing the supposed 'lag'? In his video Mr Mobile said he's seen no difference and having used the DTEK60 I was far from impressed since I found it to be buggy and Lagg a.f after only a couple months usage.
    08-01-17 08:15 AM
    Out of curiosity, would the 4gb of ram make that much of a difference in terms of day to day performance and in addressing the supposed 'lag'? In his video Mr Mobile said he's seen no difference and having used the DTEK60 I was far from impressed since I found it to be buggy and Lagg a.f after only a couple months usage.
    Software optimization has a lot to do with it as well, but app refreshes is a real thing on the keyone. My S8+ can have 15 apps or 15 tabs and not refresh. Keyone's magical number is sometimes as low as 5.. Which is abysmal considering this is geared towards business. There's a reason why I'm dueling two phones and it isn't by choice -_-
    08-01-17 11:19 AM
    oh, man... i really like the idea of Dual sim here in NA. I'm on tmobile now, but have an a small att plan with an old number i've held on to. I wonder if A, screen-gate is an issue and B, antennae-gate is an issue.

the dual sim would somewhat mitigate the antennae situation I think? I've never used a dual sim phone, do both numbers and cell connections work at once? that seems impossible. I'm guessing you have to switch back and forth manually?
    08-01-17 11:29 AM
    Clear your cache. But to answer your question, for those in here who are upset about this, I highly doubt there would be a huge noticeable difference in performance between the two with day to day tasks.
    08-01-17 11:37 AM
    It's nice that it's just not a color change and includes some enhancements. It's not enough for me to switch to, but hopefully the KEYone form factor will stay the same in the KEYtwo if this enhanced KEYone is a foreshadowing device.
    08-01-17 01:16 PM
41 12