Hey guys I’ve been a B.B. fan for a long time and want to go back to the pkb!

Anyone made the move to the k1 back to the pkb?

I want to hear you opinions and experience

Thanks in advance!
    03-22-18 11:27 PM
    Are you asking if anyone has gone from a K1 back to a VKB?

I went from PKB to VKB and now back to PKB due to preference so there's that. Maybe some day I will go back to a VKB but for now, the more I use the PKB the more I enjoy it. I feel like within a few more weeks I will be able to type without looking. I know people that can do that on a VKB but I never could. VKB made me slow and sloppy and so I had to go back and fix mistakes a lot. I don't have to do that as much with my K1.

Hope that helps anyway
    03-23-18 12:01 AM
    I didn't go directly from a VKB device to KEYone, but went from Moto X (VKB) to Z30 (VKB), to Passport (PKB), to KEYone (PKB). Although I personally preferred the Passport keyboard, the KEYone keyboard works great for me and I prefer it to the VKB devices I have used, including the Z30, which was pretty sweet and the best VKB device I had ever put my hands on.
    03-23-18 02:43 AM
    I have gone from Z30 to Passport to PRIV to Motion . Passport remains my secondary device and Motion is the main device. It consumes little time to get acquainted with the PKB but it is easy .
    03-23-18 07:00 AM
    I can't comment on other manufacturers besides BlackBerry and Apple KB. My personal experience is VKB and PKB on the BlackBerry is far superior over Apple. I have K1 and Z10, I preferred the Z10 on the speed but the K1 forces me to type better. it is really a personal preference.
    03-23-18 07:51 AM
    I moved to a Keyone from the Priv. I only had the Priv a short while after I had a Nexus 6P to see if I wanted to go back to a pkb. After using the Keyone, I am back and here to stay as long as BB mobile continues to make pkb phones.

I had the Passport also and people used to always say that they prefer the 4 row keyboard over the 3 row keyboard of the passport. I would have to agree that I am more productive on the 4 row keyboard of the keyone than the Passport's 3 row keyboard. Typing is a breeze for me and the accuracy is priceless.
    03-23-18 12:49 PM
    I even don't remember last time when used vkb, ag yes, in 2015 . after it was PRIV and my view about phones changed... to be honest I can't images my phones without BlackBerry menu and pkb...
    03-23-18 01:03 PM
    I even don't remember last time when used vkb, ag yes, in 2015 . after it was PRIV and my view about phones changed... to be honest I can't images my phones without BlackBerry menu and pkb...
    03-23-18 01:03 PM
    Hey guys I’ve been a B.B. fan for a long time and want to go back to the pkb!

Anyone made the move to the k1 back to the pkb?

I want to hear you opinions and experience

Thanks in advance!
    Everyone in this forum has, lol! The advantages of a pkb are accuracy when typing, not necessarily speed. Long texts and emails are preferred on a pkb. You will also get a ton of different programmable shortcuts for each key!
    03-23-18 01:11 PM
    I moved to a Keyone from the Priv. I only had the Priv a short while after I had a Nexus 6P to see if I wanted to go back to a pkb. After using the Keyone, I am back and here to stay as long as BB mobile continues to make pkb phones.

I had the Passport also and people used to always say that they prefer the 4 row keyboard over the 3 row keyboard of the passport. I would have to agree that I am more productive on the 4 row keyboard of the keyone than the Passport's 3 row keyboard. Typing is a breeze for me and the accuracy is priceless.
    There was another thread where they were talking about 4 rows vs 3 rows. Maybe that thread in main discussion about what the 'K2' should have.

I'd love a 4th row. Like many others, those 3 soft keys sometimes get in the way.

MY IDEA:

Give us the option to move those 3 soft keys to the right or the left of the screen. I know that would not be easy and would mess with the screens resolution but maybe an app could do it?

It could be a really slim bar too. Like on the left of the screen.

So left triage on top
    Middle circle in the middle left
    right side square on bottom left

You diggin' this?

Anyone recommended this?

PLease prop this and techs - send this to the devs
    03-24-18 12:31 AM