Since I found out I and thousands of others got ripped off with the KEYOne (no upgrade to Oreo)

What options are there for a Verizon customer?
    12-08-18 09:33 PM
    Since I found out I and thousands of others got ripped off with the KEYOne (no upgrade to Oreo)

Key2 LE.
    12-08-18 09:34 PM

Forget about BlackBerry.
    There's so many devices out there.

Since no update for my Keyone (BB100-7 Indonesia) n I already moved to the beauty of Galaxy Note 9.
    12-08-18 09:40 PM
    Forget about BlackBerry.
    There's so many devices out there.

Since no update for my Keyone (BB100-7 Indonesia) n I already moved to the beauty of Galaxy Note 9.
    Sure, plenty of devices if you are ok without PKB and I’m sure the OP is smart enough to figure that out. His comment is about VZW hardware.
    arif b santoso likes this.
    12-08-18 10:33 PM
    Sure, plenty of devices if you are ok without PKB and I’m sure the OP is smart enough to figure that out. His comment is about VZW hardware.
    Just want to say,
    I love PKB, but enough for BlackBerry Mobile's promises.
    mr_poobah and iHadLastBB like this.
    12-08-18 10:43 PM

Not sure what you mean by "ripped off". Oreo update has been released for the KeyOne a while ago. I'm on Bell in Canada
    12-08-18 10:46 PM
    What’s the problem? My AT&T KEYone has Oreo 8.1 and having no issues..
    12-08-18 10:47 PM
    Issue is not the phone but rather the carrier Ops is on.
    12-08-18 11:01 PM
    punish the carrier not the maker
    12-08-18 11:08 PM
    If you purchased a phone directly from BlackBerry mobile could you not use it in Verizon still but get updates pushed directly from BlackBerry mobile?
    12-08-18 11:20 PM
    If you purchased a phone directly from BlackBerry mobile could you not use it in Verizon still but get updates pushed directly from BlackBerry mobile?
    The Verizon KEYone is factory unlocked but certified like the Key2 LE. The significant difference is that device has CDMA radios also that are part of the certification process. VZW is blocking the updating of their certified version of the device.
    12-08-18 11:49 PM
    sort of depends on what you're after. you could but a refurbished 7 or 7 plus from Apple and even though you can't get that device from Verizon directly still have a far better user experience than you had will the keyone. given that you're used to Android now and may be inclined to go that route, spend really money for a Galaxy it pixel. older iterations of reach will be less expensive but give you a substantially better Android experience than the keyone. i finally had to ditch the keyone for an S9+. both that phone (current generation) and the iPhone 7 plus (three generations old) are far more powerful devices that work. they don't drop calls, WiFi, fail to update when necessary, etc etc etc
    12-09-18 06:49 AM
    The Verizon KEYone is factory unlocked but certified like the Key2 LE. The significant difference is that device has CDMA radios also that are part of the certification process. VZW is blocking the updating of their certified version of the device.
    Well that sucks. I guess it's up to customers to complain in droves to Verizon to get them off their behinds. This issue should be a nation Security issue and the government should step in requiring all carriers to support and push any updates to the customer that fall within the current contract. This is huge , especially when every person is walking around with an unsecured device, constantly collecting data?
    Maybe there need to be some discussion with your local representative on the issue of national security for the nation. If they will ban Chinese companies on this notion I don't see why this wouldn't be a good time to address this
    12-09-18 07:13 AM
    It depends if you want the physical keyboard.

If you do, the KEY2 LE is the best current option, I'm typing this on mine and it's the most reliable BBMo device I've had.

If you want a slab, there are 10000 options
    Chuck Finley69 likes this.
    12-09-18 07:32 AM
    Well that sucks. I guess it's up to customers to complain in droves to Verizon to get them off their behinds. This issue should be a nation Security issue and the government should step in requiring all carriers to support and push any updates to the customer that fall within the current contract. This is huge , especially when every person is walking around with an unsecured device, constantly collecting data?
    Maybe there need to be some discussion with your local representative on the issue of national security for the nation. If they will ban Chinese companies on this notion I don't see why this wouldn't be a good time to address this
    While I believe there’s more significant proof and more to be concerned with, I’m not concerned. I’m used to much of this and I’m used to buying carrier devices. Apparently, VZW and BBMo/TCL are going to continue hardening Nougat for whatever reason. This may have to do with the repurposing of CDMA for LTE and 5G in the future.
    12-09-18 09:09 AM
    It depends if you want the physical keyboard.

If you do, the KEY2 LE is the best current option, I'm typing this on mine and it's the most reliable BBMo device I've had.

If you want a slab, there are 10000 options
    Will KEY2 LE work on Verizon CDMA?
    12-09-18 10:29 AM
    The last CDMA BBMo/TCL Verizon compatible device was the certified factory unlocked CDMA version. That’s it. Period and Full Stop. As CDMA is being phased out by VZW and being refarmed to LTE and 5G in the near future, CDMA devices could be irrelevant soon.
    12-09-18 10:47 AM
    The last CDMA BBMo/TCL Verizon compatible device was the certified factory unlocked CDMA version. That’s it. Period and Full Stop. As CDMA is being phased out by VZW and being refarmed to LTE and 5G in the near future, CDMA devices could be irrelevant soon.
    OK so what device to get if on the Verizon network? Will the KEY2 LE work on the Verizon network? If they are moving off CDMA then are they broadcasting VoLTE already and the LE supports VoLTE?
    12-10-18 12:28 AM
    Yes, the KEY2 LE is whitelisted and certified by VZW
    12-10-18 12:49 AM
    OK so what device to get if on the Verizon network? Will the KEY2 LE work on the Verizon network? If they are moving off CDMA then are they broadcasting VoLTE already and the LE supports VoLTE?
    Yes, but you have to get a new SIM for the device. Performance of device will depend on conversion from CDMA to repurposed frequencies in your area. Some areas still depend heavily on CDMA for now so test device well during return period. This applies to all newer LTE-only VZW certified phones, not just BBMo, going forward until CDMA phaseout completed.
    12-10-18 08:34 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "ripped off". Oreo update has been released for the KeyOne a while ago. I'm on Bell in Canada
    The CDMA variant whitelisted by Verizon is not getting Oreo. BBMo did tell me we should be receiving a security update soon (for what it's worth).
    12-10-18 11:31 AM

A carrier that isn't 10 years behind the times maybe?
    12-10-18 03:47 PM
    Yes, but you have to get a new SIM for the device. Performance of device will depend on conversion from CDMA to repurposed frequencies in your area. Some areas still depend heavily on CDMA for now so test device well during return period. This applies to all newer LTE-only VZW certified phones, not just BBMo, going forward until CDMA phaseout completed.
    So the KEY2 LE is a risk then? I could invest in buying that phone only then to find out that there is little to no signal? Then I cannot return to stupid thing.
    12-13-18 01:47 PM
    So the KEY2 LE is a risk then? I could invest in buying that phone only then to find out that there is little to no signal? Then I cannot return to stupid thing.
    Any phone CDMAless on VZW is risk for now given that switchover has been done in a soft manner. It matters on where you live and will during the switchover process. Eventually, you should be fine. Temporarily, my own simple opinion, VZW coverage advantage isn’t as strong as in the past, until switchover fully completed. Like BB10 at end of 2019, nobody really knows yet.

All phones have a return period with the majority of retailers. If not, I’d find a different retailer.
    12-13-18 02:15 PM
    Does anyone know if this phone will be supported for more than one OS release?
    12-13-18 03:21 PM