i think the two new BlackBerry devices will actually be a success

modular is a gimmick right now, it won't matter until "project ara" becomes a tangible reality, if it ever does

that doesn't mean i do not think the current pseudo modular devices available now do not have somewhat appealing options, but, it is still mostly gimmicky to me
    06-10-16 04:45 PM
    i think the two new BlackBerry devices will actually be a success

modular is a gimmick right now, it won't matter until "project ara" becomes a tangible reality, if it ever does

that doesn't mean i do not think the current pseudo modular devices available now do not have somewhat appealing options, but, it is still mostly gimmicky to me
    Project Ara used to look interesting until Google bought it (think it was Google) and now you don't even see any mention of a keyboard option like there used to be... Now it's just "pick the specs for your glass slab! Yay!"

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-10-16 07:11 PM
    I hope so, they are thin enough, no need to get arbitrarily thinner. For what? I'm not sliding my phone under doors...

Honestly even the Priv is borderline too thin I say, if it wasn't for the grippy plastic. If it's metal like most keeps saying it should be, there's practically no grip.
    06-10-16 07:52 PM
    Honestly even the Priv is borderline too thin I say, if it wasn't for the grippy plastic. If it's metal like most keeps saying it should be, there's practically no grip.
    Not to imagine how much more bigger of a battery they could have fit had they made it a millimeter thicker...

06-10-16 08:14 PM
    Although it might interest some people, I'm not interested because of the the no headphones-jack thing
    06-11-16 08:50 AM
    Let's not forget the obvious here as well.

Moto/Lenovo never announced a keyboard for it.. LOL
    CmdrStraker likes this.
    06-11-16 10:34 AM
    ya'll seen the moto z coming out. All somebody has to do is make a keyboard mod and the rome is dead before it even get started
    I had that exact idea and was just poking around here to see if anyone else did. I wanted a Passport when it was released... On Verizon, so that didn't happen. I wanted a Priv when it was released... On Verizon, so that didn't happen. By the time Priv was released on Verizon, I had lost interest. My Motorola Droid Turbo has been a pretty good phone, so when I saw the Moto Z Force and learned about it, I instantly knew what my next phone will be. A BlackBerry branded Moto Z mod would be awesome. BlackBerry as a phone manufacturer is virtually dead. Nobody cares except those of us still left on CrackBerry. I have been watching BlackBerry blow the release of their new products for years. I think BB has passed the point of no return. Anyway, regarding the Moto Z, this phone has the potential of being all things to all people. The back with the huge camera bump is because of the mods. No bump with a mod attached, and when you don't need one of the mods, you just attached whichever decorative back that you want. The phone can certainly be used without a mod or cosmetic back attached-however you like it. It would be great to see BlackBerry live on as a Moto Z PKB mod. I will be extremely surprised if BB as a phone manufacturer survives to the end of 2017.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-11-16 03:26 PM
    Not to imagine how much more bigger of a battery they could have fit had they made it a millimeter thicker...

Also a better keyboard with a deeper key travel so it's easier to press the buttons

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-13-16 11:57 AM
    Let's not forget the obvious here as well.

Moto/Lenovo never announced a keyboard for it.. LOL
    Yep, and so far the "mods" seem very plain. Nothing cases made by third parties in the past hasn't been able to do. Sure it's cooler that it's integrated into the phone rather than a case with a battery or a speaker or whatever, but still, I don't see anything that drastically changes the phone like a keyboard mod or anything like that.

06-13-16 12:26 PM
    Yep, and so far the "mods" seem very plain. Nothing cases made by third parties in the past hasn't been able to do. Sure it's cooler that it's integrated into the phone rather than a case with a battery or a speaker or whatever, but still, I don't see anything that drastically changes the phone like a keyboard mod or anything like that.

They do have an SDK announced alongside.
    06-13-16 04:12 PM
    They do have an SDK announced alongside.
    Yah, hopefully others make more innovative mods.

06-13-16 05:22 PM
    Bumping this thread back from the dead because somebody actually created an Indiegogo project to do it:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...od-for-moto-z/
    03-07-17 09:46 AM
    ya'll seen the moto z coming out. All somebody has to do is make a keyboard mod and the rome is dead before it even get started
    Ever heard of the word "coexistence" ?

One is a landscape slider mod, the other is a portrait candybar style phone. They will coexist. Believe me.
    03-07-17 12:28 PM
    Bumping this thread back from the dead because somebody actually created an Indiegogo project to do it:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/p...od-for-moto-z/
    Yah, wow, a slider. Golly gee willickers, if only there is a BB Android slider then those of us who are interested in the KEYone would have something to buy right now...

03-07-17 05:51 PM
    No, I meant a slider case. Like this:

http://www.yourhomepageshop.com/pics...4_black_01.jpg

Something like this but in portrait form, with an additional battery and a physical connection to the phone rather than Bluetooth.
    They made a galaxy series device with a horizontal slider. It failed apparently.
    03-09-17 10:11 AM
    They made a galaxy series device with a horizontal slider. It failed apparently.
    If you're referring to the Galaxy S Relay 4G and the other NVidia based one (forgot the name), those things were POS. I had the Relay 4G for a week, it kept corrupting SD cards.

Motorola Droid 4 and Milestone were much better examples.
    03-09-17 11:43 AM
    I had a PC 6700, running Windows CE (5.0, I think). It was a nice introduction to physical keyboards, and was a landscape keyboard, but my first BlackBerry curve 8530 knocked it out of the water.
    03-09-17 08:52 PM
    Wow ... the good old time, when the Keyone was still named as Rome :-)
    03-10-17 12:08 AM
43 12