ya'll seen the moto z coming out. All somebody has to do is make a keyboard mod and the rome is dead before it even get started
    06-09-16 07:05 PM
    No one is buying Moto for keyboard. Galaxy already has a pkb addon too.
    Barbareren likes this.
    06-09-16 07:08 PM
    No one is buying Moto for keyboard. Galaxy already has a pkb addon too.
    Samsung's keyboard sucked. If you were looking for a pkb you would buy that mod. Plus blackberry just takes too long to release new phones.
    06-09-16 07:13 PM
    ya'll seen the moto z coming out. All somebody has to do is make a keyboard mod and the rome is dead before it even get started
    Not quite. Someone on Reddit pointed out that the magnetic coupling will make it difficult for such a module to exist. It won't mount and connect properly to the phone.
    06-09-16 07:35 PM
    Not quite. Someone on Reddit pointed out that the magnetic coupling will make it difficult for such a module to exist. It won't mount and connect properly to the phone.
    Long live the "Rome"
    06-09-16 07:57 PM
    Plus a pkb has to have some integration into the OS to get some extra features. Otherwise its just a literal pkb.
    06-09-16 08:12 PM
    That's a very interesting phone, I like what they did with it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    06-09-16 08:15 PM
    Plus a pkb has to have some integration into the OS to get some extra features. Otherwise its just a literal pkb.
    Well it would be like the Priv. You would have the hardware attachment, and a downloadable keyboard layout from the Play store for the hardware functions.
    06-09-16 08:17 PM
    In case anyone is wondering what OP is even talking about.

Moto Z and Moto Z Force hands-on: Welcome to your Moto Mod future | Android Central

06-09-16 09:13 PM
    In case anyone is wondering what OP is even talking about.

Moto Z and Moto Z Force hands-on: Welcome to your Moto Mod future | Android Central

1:30 in and I hate it already....

- that nasty glossy back (fingerprint magnet)
    - no headphone jack (stupid, even if Apple is rumored to do it, I hate this idea)
    - insanely thin... WHY?!
    - MASSIVE hump around the camera, lmao, someone should be fired for that
    06-09-16 09:57 PM

- no headphone jack (stupid, even if Apple is rumored to do it, I hate this idea)
    - insanely thin... WHY?!
    Just wait... latest rumour says the iPhone 7 is thicker than the 6. Then all of a sudden thicker phones will be okay again and will have lots of advantages over thin phones.
    Last edited by ToniCipriani; 06-10-16 at 10:01 AM.
    PantherBlitz and DarkJoker33 like this.
    06-09-16 10:14 PM

- insanely thin... WHY?!
    I agree. Not a fan at all and well, looking at the comments on Android Central, not many folks are.
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-09-16 10:59 PM
    How will a keyboard on the back be of any use?
    pooyam likes this.
    06-09-16 11:03 PM
    Motorola (Lenovo) makes a good phone. And the modules are interesting.

But no keyboard I've found on other devices can compete with BlackBerry's patented keyboards.

Newfangled | C003C2D50
    06-09-16 11:13 PM
    Well it would be like the Priv. You would have the hardware attachment, and a downloadable keyboard layout from the Play store for the hardware functions.
    Not sure how an app does that. For the Samsung keyboard add-on. Sliding it on changes the UI and the screen for the smaller space. Unless you mean the keyboard attachment extends below the phone. That'd be a horrid idea since its not a slider.
    06-09-16 11:31 PM
    I don't know if Rome is dead because of this phone... But I know it's dead because of the poor sales of Priv...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-09-16 11:57 PM
    Cant wait for the millions of Moto Z versus Rome dogfight comparison videos... haha. Come on, could you be just a little bit more optimistic?
    06-10-16 05:19 AM
    Not sure how an app does that. For the Samsung keyboard add-on. Sliding it on changes the UI and the screen for the smaller space. Unless you mean the keyboard attachment extends below the phone. That'd be a horrid idea since its not a slider.
    No, I meant a slider case. Like this:

Something like this but in portrait form, with an additional battery and a physical connection to the phone rather than Bluetooth.
    06-10-16 06:25 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry's plans for the ROME are going to be geared toward consumers anyway. For here on out it will be up to enterprise, and if they will accept the ROME and it's more secure version of Android, and BlackBerry themselves as a supplier.

I think we are long past the point where the view of the consumer market will make a difference. If that was the case I'd be more worried about the price of the ROME than another manufacture with a very alternate design that might allow for a keyboard...
    06-10-16 08:21 AM
    Moto Z and Zenfone 3 both look like very strong entries. BlackBerry's best hope since they have not announced is to delay and out spec them but of course that's not happening. Lol.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    06-10-16 08:33 AM
    No, I meant a slider case. Like this:

Something like this but in portrait form, with an additional battery and a physical connection to the phone rather than Bluetooth.
    you could probably make it but the engineering would be expensive and so would the keyboard Mod. The Samsung add-on was like $80 and bet something like that would be at least twice that limiting its appeal.
    06-10-16 08:33 AM
    I don't think BlackBerry's plans for the ROME are going to be geared toward consumers anyway. For here on out it will be up to enterprise, and if they will accept the ROME and it's more secure version of Android, and BlackBerry themselves as a supplier.

I think we are long past the point where the view of the consumer market will make a difference. If that was the case I'd be more worried about the price of the ROME than another manufacture with a very alternate design that might allow for a keyboard...
    Does this mean we won't see it offered on AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 08:57 AM
    Does this mean we won't see it offered on AT&T?

Posted via CB10
    No way to know for sure right now.

I "think" BlackBerry is looking a some sort of direct sales with enterprise. In order to negate the additional cost associated with them buying from the original OEMs. That might make it hard for them to continue relationships with their past retail partners.

But then the PRIV hasn't helped earn BlackBerry an favor with carriers either....
    06-10-16 09:15 AM
    Just wait... latest rumour says the iPhone 7 is thicker than the 6. Then all of a sudden thicker phones will be okay again and will have lots of advantages over thin phones.
    I hope so, they are thin enough, no need to get arbitrarily thinner. For what? I'm not sliding my phone under doors...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-10-16 02:33 PM
    I don't know if Rome is dead because of this phone... But I know it's dead because of the poor sales of Priv...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    So what will happen if the Rome comes out? Would your entire world be turned upside-down because right now you "know" that it is dead?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-10-16 02:35 PM
43 12