After years on Samsung and month of iPhone, i was exited to switch back to my first love: the BlackBerry.

Yes, I came from the era of the first curve 8300, the torch, the bold 9000, the storm 9500 and even the playbook.

Even when Blackberry was the only "right" way to go in that time, we all were custom of the occasional bugs and certainly of the slooooooow reaction time to solve the issues.

Time has changed... i thought... for Blackberry. They must have learn their lesson... i thought.

I paid a premium price for a premium device. Although I have not the slightest complain about the hardware (no screen issues and such), small but essential bugs like the notifications thingy and, again, the response time, gives me a bad taste in my mouth.

I'm really happy with my KeyOne as a device in general, but i catching myself following the development of the Samsung Note 8 closely. A single thing like missing notifications could make me switch in an instant. Blackberry must understand that lack of response time can have consequences.

If by the end of September the (for me most important) notification issue is not solved, I going to switch. I was more productive on my Samsung Note X and (hate to say it) on the iPhone 6S Plus.

"Getting sh1t done on the KeyOne" I tweeted not long ago but....as long the device is capable of notifying you when to do it.
    08-05-17 09:48 AM
    What notification issue are you referring to?
    08-05-17 09:54 AM
    Are you serious?
    08-05-17 09:57 AM
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post12981468
    cevag likes this.
    08-05-17 09:59 AM
    Are you serious?
    Notification issues are not universal. This is happening for only some users -- which is why not all are aware of it. I've looked at a number of threads about it, and there doesn't seem to be a clear set of conditions common to those affected. Puzzling. And, annoying if you happen to be one of them.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-05-17 10:39 AM
    I've had Androids since the days of Android 1.6 Donut, and one of the things I have never had an issue with is Notifications, no matter what bug in whatever phone, I knew I could always rely on my Android to communicate effortlessly.

How on earth have BB/TCL/whoever the blame is being shifted to today on CB, manage ruin notifications!?

Hopefully the guys at XDA Developers can figure it out.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-05-17 11:05 AM
    Notification issues are not universal. This is happening for only some users -- which is why not all are aware of it. I've looked at a number of threads about it, and there doesn't seem to be a clear set of conditions common to those affected. Puzzling. And, annoying if you happen to be one of them.
    Pretty sure it's happening to everyone, whether they realize it or not. Not every app is affected, which may explain the discrepancy.
    Last edited by conite; 08-05-17 at 11:24 AM.
    Daruba and Barbareren like this.
    08-05-17 11:07 AM
    Just had a look at XDA, there doesn't seem to be any devs working on the K1 at the moment.

Hopefully that changes soon, as issues like this would have a better workaround.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-05-17 11:16 AM
    Some users? What about ALL users?
    08-05-17 11:20 AM
    Are you serious?
    Yes, I wasn't aware of it before. I'm reading through that thread though.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-06-17 01:04 PM
    Yes, I wasn't aware of it before. I'm reading through that thread though.
    You asked a normal question. Not a very nice way to respond by op.
    Daruba and DolemiteDONS like this.
    08-06-17 01:27 PM
    Some users? What about ALL users?
    I am getting all push notifications on my Sprint KEYone.

Posted with my BlackBerry KEYone.
    08-06-17 01:40 PM

The "glitch" is not bound to a carrier, but if you don't have the problem it might that you don't have any program that's affected by it? Also, if you don't close the program, you still get your notifications.
    08-06-17 02:00 PM

You're not.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-06-17 02:04 PM
    You're not.
    I immediately get notifications from multiple Twitter accounts, my Instagram, Messenger...as I also was with Facebook before I blocked all from that app in settings...while apps are closed.
    08-06-17 02:11 PM
    I immediately get notifications from multiple Twitter accounts, my Instagram, Messenger...as I also was with Facebook before I blocked all from that app in settings...while apps are closed.
    Yes, some apps work fine. It depends on how their notification system is implemented.
    08-06-17 02:13 PM
    whats the main app that doesnt work? seems like the hub, facebook and ig are fine... curious as this bug is one of the reasons im hessitant to buy
    08-06-17 02:17 PM
    whats the main app that doesnt work? seems like the hub, facebook and ig are fine... curious as this bug is one of the reasons im hessitant to buy
    Don't let it stop you from buying. BlackBerry is aware of the issue and will fix it shortly.
    08-06-17 02:40 PM
    It seems to be some third party apps. For me my apps have been pushing notifications through even though I closed them. I think it really depends on the apps you use.
    08-06-17 09:44 PM
    Don't let it stop you from buying. BlackBerry is aware of the issue and will fix it shortly.
    ... and if history is any guide... they'll likely break something else in the process soon.
    It seems to be some third party apps. For me my apps have been pushing notifications through even though I closed them. I think it really depends on the apps you use.
    08-07-17 01:59 AM
    Was just thinking the same thing! I just hope they dont!!!
    08-07-17 03:31 AM
    I would think it would be fixed well before the end of September as BlackBerry can't possibly not see how this is an extremely important item that needs to be fixed. If its not fixed by then I don't think a single person in here would begrudge you for choosing to sell the KEYone. Its an issue that needs to be addressed and I'm sure they are working on a fix.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-07-17 04:23 AM
    I would think it would be fixed well before the end of September as BlackBerry can't possibly not see how this is an extremely important item that needs to be fixed. If its not fixed by then I don't think a single person in here would begrudge you for choosing to sell the KEYone. Its an issue that needs to be addressed and I'm sure they are working on a fix.
    That's my idea. The KeyOne is an awesome device and I don't want to let it go, but from a productivity, convenience and reliability standpoint: if they F it up this time again, I will make a final switch...
    08-07-17 05:39 AM
    You can't compare the latest Samsung 8 line of devices to the keyone they are far superior in every way except for the PKB. If you want a fast device with top hardware then Samsung 8 series is the way to go if you want a PKB then get the keyone.
    Daruba likes this.
    08-07-17 06:57 AM
    I am pretty active on these forums and haven't seen this issue posted yet, or maybe I did and didn't pay it much attention seeing as all my push notifications seem to be working.

I'm not the best example because I only a handful turned on if that. Are they mostly social push notifications people are having issues with or email as well? I'm having zero issues with getting my emails, (1) Exchange account and (3) personal accounts pushed. If I was having an issue this would be a big problem for me.
    08-07-17 07:05 AM
31 12