It's interesting. I've had this silver key2 since December and I have no complaints but for some reason I actually miss my black edition. I am actually contemplating selling this key 2 silver can get quite a bit for it since they seem hard to find. I figure may as well sell this since I got it for free and go back to my BE and then hopefully a key 3 comes out next summer when I'm due for a free upgrade. Anyone else go back to a keyone BE after having the silver key 2?
    Exedorable likes this.
    09-17-19 11:06 AM
    I personally don't like what they did with the keytwo design. Don't get me wrong it's a good looking phone, but compared to the keyone it looks like it's having an identity crisis.
    09-17-19 08:43 PM
    I've been using the BE for a year, and it's just an underrated great phone. An old Note 8 is collecting more dust.
    nevilleadaniels and bh7171 like this.
    09-18-19 07:45 AM
    I picked up my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne on a posted sale from Blaze this past January and camera shoot out from '18 by Marques Brownlee. It's an excellent device and has met all my needs. I love hammering out emails and messages with the excellent PKB and the shortcuts are simply the best! I think the form factor and size are ideal for its purpose and function. Call quality is great. Reception and radio here in my city on T-Mobile has been super. It has relegated my S9 on PIE and One UI (a very good slab) to Wi-Fi status. The BE is my daily carry for the foreseeable future.
    bb9900user2018 and Exedorable like this.
    09-18-19 09:45 AM
    my silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ works fine but the swollen battery and popped rear cover are of concern while awaiting another battery. I briefly considered a Key² (not LE) but not for long. If she dies soon, I have a Titan on order (it it isn't vaporware) to hold the fort. My Priv microUSB is toast, but she works on QI. charge. then there's my Passport. I'm all berried up, armed to the teeth !!
    09-18-19 10:16 AM
    I concur. BE is actually a very decent device. Price is good now if you can find one, 4gb ram is sufficient, has capacitive pkb (unlike K2 LE), and looks better imo than silver.
    Will keep mine and wait to see if there will be a K3.
    09-18-19 10:56 PM
    I concur. BE is actually a very decent device. Price is good now if you can find one, 4gb ram is sufficient, has capacitive pkb (unlike K2 LE), and looks better imo than silver.
    Will keep mine and wait to see if there will be a K3.
    Yeah I saw one for 300 Canadian. I always preferred the keyone over the key 2. For some reason the feel, weight and even the PKB I liked better. I didn't mind the glossy PKB finish either. I've had the silver since Xmas just feel like I need a change.
    09-22-19 01:30 PM
    My BE started playing up recently and I wanted a new BlackBerry on a budget, so I picked up a brand new Evolve for 200 bucks. It's a nice phone and works great on UK networks, but I miss my BE so much.

I've bought a replacement keyboard, battery, and back cover and hoping that those little updates will make the phone feel and work like new again!

I've never used a Key2 so I can't really judge...but I would say the BE is pretty much the ideal phone for me. The camera takes clear photos, I don't need anything better. The battery life is excellent. I love the keyboard. What more do I need??

I'll probably start using the BE again soon and hopefully get another year or two out of it. Maybe there will be a Key3, maybe not...but at least I've started learning to get used to a full vkb phone with the Evolve for when the inevitable happens and we stop getting new BB phones..
    09-22-19 02:47 PM
    [QUOTE=jackbuck93;13446539]My BE started playing up recently and I wanted a new BlackBerry on a budget, so I picked up a brand new Evolve for 200 bucks. It's a nice phone and works great on UK networks, but I miss my BE so much.

I've bought a replacement keyboard, battery, and back cover and hoping that those little updates will make the phone feel and work like new again!

I've never used a Key2 so I can't really judge...but I would say the BE is pretty much the ideal phone for me. The camera takes clear photos, I don't need anything better. The battery life is excellent. I love the keyboard. What more do I need??

I'll probably start using the BE again soon and hopefully get another year or two out of it. Maybe there will be a Key3, maybe not...but at least I've started learning to get used to a full vkb phone with the Evolve for when the inevitable happens and we stop getting new BB phones..

It's very true about the camera. It takes better pics and videos then key 2. It really was the perfect phone. I got sucked into a key 2 silver lol. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad phone and I have no issues with it but there was something about that keyone BE. It's form factor even the the look was very business like. Maybe I just need a color change back to black. I've always preferred black. Have no interest in the atomic red it's just gimmicky looks like a kids phone
    09-22-19 03:38 PM
    I have both black and silver and the black one is miles better than the silver one! Idk why or what the difference is between the two but it is very noticeable!
    09-30-19 10:53 AM
    my Motion is being repaired, and I've stuck the SIM in the BE.
    My daily driver is the LE.
    To be honest, the BE key1 can do everything I need as a business phone. Compared to the LE it feels more classy, better made and professional and the tactile keyboard is nice.
    The only downside is the weight. The LE is great in that department.
    Tech wise you also get a dual SIM, short cut app key, app cloner, and in theory, upgrade to PIE.

So, BE is a great phone
    09-30-19 11:51 AM
    the only problems i have with the keyone is that the glossy parts scratch so easily. And also the flashlight plastic is so easy to scratch even when using a case
    09-30-19 01:36 PM
    I prefer the KEYone to a K2, and I've had them both. There's something to be said for a first, whatever it may be (phone, car, etc) - it's like the manufacturer has to put it all on the line cuz there's no sure way to tell if there may even be a 2nd edition. And a K2, for all its refinements (that keyboard is boss!), still feels like the prototype for a KEYone imho
    09-30-19 07:55 PM
    I prefer the KEYone to a K2, and I've had them both. There's something to be said for a first, whatever it may be (phone, car, etc) - it's like the manufacturer has to put it all on the line cuz there's no sure way to tell if there may even be a 2nd edition. And a K2, for all its refinements (that keyboard is boss!), still feels like the prototype for a KEYone imho
    I suspect that BB having designed the KEYone, has something to do with the feel of the device for many. The Key2 was BBMo PKB design hardware if memory serves.
    Exedorable likes this.
    10-01-19 07:09 AM
    the only problems i have with the keyone is that the glossy parts scratch so easily. And also the flashlight plastic is so easy to scratch even when using a case
    10-01-19 01:31 PM
    Does this mean that the black Key1 will scratch along the top and sides when putting it in and out of hard cases? One case I use quite a bit is the belt holster with the phone naked. It holds it nice and firmly but I’m wondering about the plastic catch on the top and the tabs on the bottom corners wearing the finish off.
    10-01-19 01:38 PM
    Wow! I guess I'm in a good spot then. I have a KEYone BE and love it. Hard to believe that someone has a Key2 and would prefer a KEYone BE.
    10-01-19 03:49 PM
    so glad I've stuck to the KeyOne BE. Beloved daily driver
    10-05-19 11:01 PM
    Yes, I have that issue actually, the ring frame of the back camera is protruding out than the rest of the back of the Keyone BE so it got scratched with the continuous movement in/out the belt Hollister.
    The looks are not very good from the backside, but I personally don't care much about it as long as the phone functionality is the same.
    10-06-19 10:07 AM
    I bought a BE last week for cheap because the seller had no appreciation for the phone. I am loving it. my s10+ is in a drawer. I only use my iPhone XR in my car for Apple car play. I haven't set up android auto yet.
    10-06-19 02:28 PM
    I briefly moved to the Evolve. It was a nice phone but I missed by KeyOne BE. So, I bought a new battery and back cover for my BE and I'm back using it - and couldn't be happier. Honestly, they knocked it out of the park with this form factor. I hope the Key series sticks around for as long as it takes for phones to become unrecognisably different.
    bh7171 and Gadgetgirl38 like this.
    10-07-19 11:19 AM