Awesome photos and writeup! Great meeting and hanging out last night!

The waves crash on SouthBeach, a northern cold front brings cooler air to an otherwise hot and muggy day in Miami. Miami Heat are playing the Minnesota Timberwolves at American Airlines Arena. There are celebrities in town. There is also an ongoing fire raging in the hearts of BlackBerry fans who want to get their hands on the BlackBerry KeyOne.

Things in Miami heated up Friday night at the Anderson for the first CrackBerry MeetUp in the United States.

CrackBerry Kevin, back from Barcelona, smuggled a few BlackBerry KeyOne devices through Port of Miami to give the CrackBerry community some eyes on and hands on the highly anticipated KeyOne.

The turn out was amazing and many attending was able to give their opinions on camera and shared devices and stories of past, present and future and how BlackBerry helps them achieve CEO status.

The BlackBerry KeyOne is absolutely beautiful, sexy and feels right! A camera that rivals my Nikon DSLR. I cannot wait to make KeyOne my main smartphone. We were not in Orlando, but most of us were at JizznyLand!

Following CrackBerry and Kevin for many years it was awesome to finally meet the man, the myth, the legend and most certainly G.O.A.T of CrackBerry and all things BlackBerry. Looking forward to the next Miami MeetUp!!

My Armory: BlackBerry Priv Verizon
    BlackBerry VM605 BT Speaker
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32G
    2-BlackBerry Z30s Verizon
    BlackBerry 8900
    BlackBerry Bold 9900
    BlackBerry Portable Power Bank
    03-18-17 05:47 PM
    @napleskahuna excellent intro! 😁😎

And thank you for the pics 🍻

(PS: maybe you could interest one of your local news outlets with your piece?)
    napleskahuna and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-18-17 05:49 PM
    Thanks for sharing! We are all excited. Hopefully the hype is justified for me on the 22nd. Something tells me that I am not going to be disappointed. Haha!

Posted via CB10
    03-18-17 05:58 PM
    The last photo of Kevin and I in my post was actually taken with with the KeyOne. There was plenty of KeyOnes to go around. Being a photographer and film maker, the camera is a very important factor for me as well. I love the camera on my Priv, KeyOnes camera was definitely better than the Priv! Image and colors popped automatically and clearer than my Priv.
    03-18-17 06:04 PM
    Oh Yamahammer, you're being silly. Obviously for the meetups the security is going to low. I'm not putting passwords on the phones because we're passing them around like crazy. Would be annoying to have to re-unlock the phone every 2 minutes. That immediately gives you a poor DTEK rating.
    Silly me? LOL!! I was actually holding the KEYone at the Winnipeg meet up and for a fleeting second I was thinking of adding my fingerprint as the password on the phone! That would have made it mine for the night!! Thanks again for the IOU!! Don't forget that when you're in Transcona and don't have much money remember one thing...Central Hotel!! LOL. BTW Will you be fulfilling the IOU's or will they be shipped via TCL fulfillment?

Passport. SQW100-1 OS 10.3.3.2163
    03-18-17 06:13 PM
    So no one is allowed to share photos TAKEN with the KeyOne? Kinda strange to have all these meet ups and hands on and no one still knows how good the camera actually is. Strange.
    I can tell you that the picture quality is good. However, I was not able to test out HDR because the capture will always fail. Also, the snap time is way faster than the PRIV.
    03-18-17 06:30 PM
    Here are some pictures from last night. It was very nice to meet all of you, best community ever! The KEYone is definitely a great device. The build quality feels premium, the pkb is gorgeous, and the size is just perfect. Really looking forward to this device.
    Attached Thumbnails The Miami greet and meet.-187946.jpg  
    BigBadWulf and napleskahuna like this.
    03-18-17 06:40 PM
    Here are some pictures from last night. It was very nice to meet all of you, best community ever! The KEYone is definitely a great device. The build quality feels premium, the pkb is gorgeous, and the size is just perfect. Really looking forward to this device.
    Attached Thumbnails The Miami greet and meet.-187975.jpg  
    03-18-17 06:41 PM
    Awesome write up and pics @napleskahuna gonna give @James Nieves a run for his money!
    James Nieves and napleskahuna like this.
    03-18-17 07:09 PM
    The waves crash on SouthBeach, a northern cold front brings cooler air to an otherwise hot and muggy day in Miami. Miami Heat are playing the Minnesota Timberwolves at American Airlines Arena. There are celebrities in town. There is also an ongoing fire raging in the hearts of BlackBerry fans who want to get their hands on the BlackBerry KeyOne.

Things in Miami heated up Friday night at the Anderson for the first CrackBerry MeetUp in the United States.

CrackBerry Kevin, back from Barcelona, smuggled a few BlackBerry KeyOne devices through Port of Miami to give the CrackBerry community some eyes on and hands on the highly anticipated KeyOne.

The turn out was amazing and many attending was able to give their opinions on camera and shared devices and stories of past, present and future and how BlackBerry helps them achieve CEO status.

The BlackBerry KeyOne is absolutely beautiful, sexy and feels right! A camera that rivals my Nikon DSLR. I cannot wait to make KeyOne my main smartphone. We were not in Orlando, but most of us were at JizznyLand!

Following CrackBerry and Kevin for many years it was awesome to finally meet the man, the myth, the legend and most certainly G.O.A.T of CrackBerry and all things BlackBerry. Looking forward to the next Miami MeetUp!!

My Armory: BlackBerry Priv Verizon
    BlackBerry VM605 BT Speaker
    BlackBerry PlayBook 32G
    2-BlackBerry Z30s Verizon
    BlackBerry 8900
    BlackBerry Bold 9900
    BlackBerry Portable Power Bank
    jizznyland! EPIC post!!
    03-18-17 07:11 PM
    Kevin, what's up with the vest? You were down south. Reminding me of Back to the Future, did everyone think you were a sailor ?
    03-19-17 12:16 AM
    The last photo of Kevin and I in my post was actually taken with with the KeyOne. There was plenty of KeyOnes to go around. Being a photographer and film maker, the camera is a very important factor for me as well. I love the camera on my Priv, KeyOnes camera was definitely better than the Priv! Image and colors popped automatically and clearer than my Priv.
    The problem is identifying the photo since we do not have a photo of you. The last photo in the line up though has two people flanking CBK. The same photo appeared earlier in the line up but the last one has sharper and clearer images. Please tell me that's the one. Cos it's apparently taken in low light.. if that's it, then I'm doing anything to get the phone. Would even steal yours if I came close.......lmao

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 03:01 AM
    So, who won the key1 iou?
    03-19-17 03:22 AM
    So, who won the key1 iou?
    Francesca Pierre and*Anirude Balgabia
    anon(3641385) and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-19-17 06:50 AM
    The problem is identifying the photo since we do not have a photo of you. The last photo in the line up though has two people flanking CBK. The same photo appeared earlier in the line up but the last one has sharper and clearer images. Please tell me that's the one. Cos it's apparently taken in low light.. if that's it, then I'm doing anything to get the phone. Would even steal yours if I came close.......lmao
    My money is on it being the very last photo in the line up. Napleskahuna has to be young and hip and the fellow with the Kolda hat is the only one fitting that description imo. LOL Let's hope Napleskahuna clarifies as I am very happy if that is the KEYone photo.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 11:14 AM
    Y'all crack me up to no end
    I doubt you could find one even remotely negative comment about the camera, from anyone who has touched the KEYone.

Ansel Adams could come back from the grave, provide a glowing testimonial, and the hand-wringing would continue.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-19-17 11:59 AM
    We are just having fun BigBadWulf. What else is there to do while waiting for the KEYone, but ask questions, look at photos, ask questions of people who have handled the phone? Kills time on a rainy Sunday morning.
    BigBadWulf and jakie55 like this.
    03-19-17 12:22 PM
    We are just having fun BigBadWulf. What else is there to do while waiting for the KEYone, but ask questions, look at photos, ask questions of people who have handled the phone? Kills time on a rainy Sunday morning.

If I didn't think so, y'all wouldn't be cracking me up.

Besides, I'm fully protected from CrackBerry nonsense, under my tinfoil hat.
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-19-17 12:32 PM

If I didn't think so, y'all wouldn't be cracking me up.

I am a retired nurse and I worked in psychiatry, and I saw more than one tinfoil hat in my time in the business. They do come in handy. lol
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-19-17 02:51 PM

Yes, but my tin foil hat is made from BBQ grade aluminum foil and has a PKB!

03-19-17 02:59 PM
    Yes, but my tin foil hat is made from BBQ grade aluminum foil and has a PKB!

Perfect! When I grab ya by the head, to toss ya, I'll be typing "get out".

anon(3641385) likes this.
    03-19-17 03:39 PM
    Perfect! When I grab ya by the head, to toss ya, I'll be typing "get out".

But there is a fingerprint scanner on the space bar... what ya gonna do?

BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-19-17 03:57 PM
    My money is on it being the very last photo in the line up. Napleskahuna has to be young and hip and the fellow with the Kolda hat is the only one fitting that description imo. LOL Let's hope Napleskahuna clarifies as I am very happy if that is the KEYone photo.

Posted via CB10
    OhMyHangOver what did I wake up to? Sorry for the confusion fellas, I ended up adding the last photo trying to get the photos out there so everyone can enjoy and get a feel of the Miami MeetUp. I am the guy in the Hurley shirt and Koloa Surf hat. Thanks for the kind words Kitmo, lol.

The last photo in my post was taken with my Priv with the help of Mr Nieves (whom is way younger, cooler and hipper than I will ever be btw! Awesome dude!) with the help of a box light used for low light conditions. The photo prior to that is the one I took with another KeyOne device.

Let me say, because I love photography and video, I went straight for the jugular on the KeyOne. I opened the camera and immediately saw that it looked more crisp and colorful than my Priv. When I held my Priv and KeyOne side by side in camera capture mode, I was blown away by how much the KeyOne looked better live view before taking a photo. I thought the camera on the Priv was fantastic, however, it was clear that the camera on the KeyOne is better than the Priv.

Getting the perfect photo on the fly has been made easier with the addition of settings you would find on a DSLR, such as ISO, Shutter Speed, etc. Then applying filters, brightness, color, most things you would have to normally get from a DSLR camera or back to your computer and use an app or program to adjust. KeyOne can be all done right on the phone. Apply a filter before taking a photo, the KeyOne honey badger don't care.

Of course my Priv has these features as well. Lighting plays a huge part! Taking photos during the day, the sun should always be at your back, if your camera lense is facing the direction of the sun(btw, never, EVER point a lense directly at the sun) and your subject or object is in front, your subject or object will be like a shadow in the photo.

In the photo taken with the KeyOne, you can see that the sun is just starting to set behind our heads. Some bright light is starting to fill gaps in the vegetation decor. If this vegetation shade was not there, I can guarantee a not so good photo as the light would have been over powering for a good shot. It caused me naturally to take the photo up and at an angle rather than a direct eye level photo where the suns rays from behind would have affected the outcome.

The KeyOne camera performed flawless under the fact the sun was starting to set behind us and you can still see us clearly rather than dark silhouettes in the forefront. I did not get a chance to test the night photography as I was already pleased with my findings and wanted to let everyone touch, kiss and get their fingerprints all over as if it was a SuperBowl trophy.

I would say many have had the opportunity to play with and I haven't heard or seen anything that would make me say, "Meh, I think I will wait. I want an awesome BlackBerry next year instead." The KeyOne is simply AWESOME!! I am definitely going to go out and get it and I recommend those who get the opportunity to attend one of these MeetUps! Get your hands on, play, explore KeyOne and answer your deepest, hidden desired questions! For me, KeyOne is the OneKey to running a successful business, communication and security on the go!
    BigBadWulf, kitmo and jackielio like this.
    03-19-17 04:29 PM
    OhMyHangOver what did I wake up to? Sorry for the confusion fellas, I ended up adding the last photo trying to get the photos out there so everyone can enjoy and get a feel of the Miami MeetUp. I am the guy in the Hurley shirt and Koloa Surf hat. Thanks for the kind words Kitmo, lol.

The last photo in my post was taken with my Priv with the help of Mr Nieves (whom is way younger, cooler and hipper than I will ever be btw! Awesome dude!) with the help of a box light used for low light conditions. The photo prior to that is the one I took with another KeyOne device.

Let me say, because I love photography and video, I went straight for the jugular on the KeyOne. I opened the camera and immediately saw that it looked more crisp and colorful than my Priv. When I held my Priv and KeyOne side by side in camera capture mode, I was blown away by how much the KeyOne looked better live view before taking a photo. I thought the camera on the Priv was fantastic, however, it was clear that the camera on the KeyOne is better than the Priv.

Getting the perfect photo on the fly has been made easier with the addition of settings you would find on a DSLR, such as ISO, Shutter Speed, etc. Then applying filters, brightness, color, most things you would have to normally get from a DSLR camera or back to your computer and use an app or program to adjust. KeyOne can be all done right on the phone. Apply a filter before taking a photo, the KeyOne honey badger don't care.

Of course my Priv has these features as well. Lighting plays a huge part! Taking photos during the day, the sun should always be at your back, if your camera lense is facing the direction of the sun(btw, never, EVER point a lense directly at the sun) and your subject or object is in front, your subject or object will be like a shadow in the photo.

In the photo taken with the KeyOne, you can see that the sun is just starting to set behind our heads. Some bright light is starting to fill gaps in the vegetation decor. If this vegetation shade was not there, I can guarantee a not so good photo as the light would have been over powering for a good shot. It caused me naturally to take the photo up and at an angle rather than a direct eye level photo where the suns rays from behind would have affected the outcome.

The KeyOne camera performed flawless under the fact the sun was starting to set behind us and you can still see us clearly rather than dark silhouettes in the forefront. I did not get a chance to test the night photography as I was already pleased with my findings and wanted to let everyone touch, kiss and get their fingerprints all over as if it was a SuperBowl trophy.

I would say many have had the opportunity to play with and I haven't heard or seen anything that would make me say, "Meh, I think I will wait. I want an awesome BlackBerry next year instead." The KeyOne is simply AWESOME!! I am definitely going to go out and get it and I recommend those who get the opportunity to attend one of these MeetUps! Get your hands on, play, explore KeyOne and answer your deepest, hidden desired questions! For me, KeyOne is the OneKey to running a successful business, communication and security on the go!
    Thanks for the camera review. Since I will be attending the NYC meetup this Wednesday, and it will be indoors, should be able to test out low light pictures as well. If it is everything everone is saying about it, rest assured I will be on the KEYONE train as well!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 05:16 PM
    Thanks for the camera review. Since I will be attending the NYC meetup this Wednesday, and it will be indoors, should be able to test out low light pictures as well. If it is everything everone is saying about it, rest assured I will be on the KEYONE train as well!

Posted via CB10
    Then let me be the first, to welcome you on board the train.
    03-19-17 08:12 PM
108 ... 2345